Author Topic: Trump and France  (Read 1019 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Trump and France
« on: September 04, 2020, 10:17:58 AM »
I distinctly remember when this was first covered that the visit to the cemetery in France was canceled due to weather. I also remember the outrage then was that Trump was disrespecting soldiers because he didn't want to get wet.

Now the story is that he called our dead soldiers losers and didn't want to visit a cemetery full of losers. Anonymous sources of course, refuted by multiple NAMED sources, including John Bolton, who is no pal of Trump's.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/09/04/it-passes-every-smell-test-firefighters-trust-the-atlantics-jeffrey-goldberg-because-they-hate-trump-and-need-super-sketchy-story-to-be-true/

In retaliation, the left counters with more anonymous sources to prove their point. Even Brian Stetler is now saying they need to name names.

IMO, these anonymous sources have little to fear coming forward. If they are part of the Trump admin and get canned, my guess is that multiple left wing orgs (including the MSM) will offer them high paying jobs, whether they are liars or not.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 10:35:01 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Trump and France
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 10:43:26 AM »
I have to wonder (as in the state of being in awe, not as in I'm confused) at the amazing short-sightedness of the left.

The media is absolutely destroying its credibility. It had very little with the right, already, but the sheer brazenness of the lies and corruption is turning off people who formerly trusted them. All in an attempt to GET ORANGEMANBAD.

Even worse (for them), it's not working. The only thing they are doing is losing trust and turning people MORE towards Trump.

I really am amazed at how they can be this foolish.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 10:47:24 AM »
I have to wonder (as in the state of being in awe, not as in I'm confused) at the amazing short-sightedness of the left.

The media is absolutely destroying its credibility. It had very little with the right, already, but the sheer brazenness of the lies and corruption is turning off people who formerly trusted them. All in an attempt to GET ORANGEMANBAD.

Even worse (for them), it's not working. The only thing they are doing is losing trust and turning people MORE towards Trump.

I really am amazed at how they can be this foolish.

Because they only listen to their base, they're the only ones who has an opinion that matters, and their base laps this stuff up.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 11:39:54 AM »
I guess their base is their fellow left wing journalists and commentators on their left wing websites. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 11:50:33 AM »
I guess their base is their fellow left wing journalists and commentators on their left wing websites. 

I'm using the term base very broadly, so yes.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 06:34:40 PM »
Even Fox News is using anonymous sources.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/09/04/fox-news-jennifer-griffin-confirms-parts-of-the-atlantic-story-on-president-trump-with-two-more-anonymous-sources/

Reading through the thread there, I can actually see Trump saying some of that stuff, like, "Why do people join the military?" Or, "Why do I have to go to two cemeteries?" That sounds very Trump-like. I still can't see the "dead soldiers are losers" thing though. Even unfiltered Trump has to know that is a self-inflicted political bullet to the foot.

My bet is that between these "anonymous sources" and the MSM, the "losers" comment is completely out of context. Like maybe he was disparaging the French, and someone decided to associate that with US soldiers buried at the cemetery.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 08:53:31 PM »
Even Fox News is using anonymous sources.

Fox News is no friend of the right/conservatives/republicans.  Maybe they were at one time, but not today.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 09:24:17 PM »
Steve Jobs widower owns a majority share in The Atlantic and has donated millions to Democrat campaigns.

Ridiculous hit piece.

The story has been put out by losers and only suckers believe it  ;)
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2020, 10:57:06 PM »
I have to note something here. We have multiple outlets all confirming from "anonymous sources."

IF you keep them anonymous, for all we know (and I'm more than certain) every outlet simply asked the same lying weasel.

Which is, of course, why you don't use anonymous sources.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2020, 12:25:52 AM »
There were losers and suckers on both sides, part two, electoral boogaloo.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grampster

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2020, 06:47:00 PM »
Bolton and Trump are not buddies.  Less than buddies actually.  Bolton said he was there and Trump said NO such thing.  That statement by itself crushes the BS story.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2020, 09:29:49 PM »
I was at the laundry mat and thus forced to overhear CNN.

It feels like the media knows they F'd things up by inciting riots and that the Russia crap backfired hugely on them and now they're grasping at straws.
And since They think people who join the military are stupid losers, especially the rank and file, this is their great plan to destroy one of Trump's larger voting base.

It's so transparent and stupid, it didn't even make me cranky. It just made me go "wow" in a very underwhelmed kind of way.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2020, 11:23:36 PM »
Next week maybe the CBS news anchor will break a story using forged documents from a dead man to turn the electorate against Trump . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2020, 07:39:47 AM »
A story by losers only suckers believe.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2020, 10:07:15 AM »
It isn't even October yet.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge