Author Topic: Ohio non-congregate shelter order?  (Read 883 times)

Andiron

• friend
Ohio non-congregate shelter order?
« on: September 06, 2020, 02:53:10 PM »
Anyone seen this? 

The Q side of Gab is shrieking it's an attempt to legalize putting anyone with symptoms in a camp.  What do you guys think?

https://tennesseestar.com/2020/09/04/ohio-fema-camps-still-more-questions-than-answers/

Link to the actual order in the first paragraph.

https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/publicorders/DO-Non-Congregate-Shelter-Second-Amended-08.31.20.pdf
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Ohio non-congregate shelter order?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 03:33:31 PM »
Always read a law with the worst possible interpretation and implementation in mind.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 04:56:32 PM »
Always read a law with the worst possible interpretation and implementation in mind.

Then imagine that law being used by your enemies.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 08:42:44 PM »
“The order gives the state of Ohio the ability to draw down federal funding to reimburse the local EMA and health department when a non-congregate shelter is needed.
I wonder if someone found a way to pull in more federal money and this announcement is one of the steps to get it.  They are trying to use public buildings that are already going unused.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 10:49:40 AM »
I'm in Ohio, a .gov employee, and this is making me laugh.  Ohio has attempted and failed at a mask mandate, limits on crowd size, early closing times on bars, etc.  The thought that somehow they are going to force people into camps just makes me laugh, when they can't even get people to agree to wear a mask.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 11:19:31 AM »
We had one of these shelters set up in Snohomish County and there was another in King County.  They were geared primarily towards the homeless with COVID who needed a place to stay as they were treated, recovered, or were quarantined.  Both of the shelters had very low census and eventually closed.  The expected surge in the homeless population did not exceed the capacity of the hospitals to deal with the number of cases.  There was legal language allowing for people to be detained for public health reasons if they did not agree to be in the shelters voluntarily.  But such language and ability to detain has been around for decades.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 06:27:06 AM »
"The thought that somehow they are going to force people into camps just makes me laugh, when they can't even get people to agree to wear a mask."

I had to chuckle when I noticed the first part used the word "force" and the second part used the word "agree."

:)

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 09:43:20 PM »
So,  mostly BS money grab is what I'm thinking.

Also,  Dewine needs impeached/removed/whatever.

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 10:14:27 PM »
So,  mostly BS money grab is what I'm thinking.

Also,  Dewine needs impeached/removed/whatever.

Has something to do with federal EMA (Emergency Management Agency) funds.  Order was issued in March, renewed in April, and was just renewed again.

And don't hold your breath on impeaching DeWine.  The Republican party is divided on the issue.  Absent some agreement within the majority of the party, he's staying. 
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2020, 10:41:08 PM »
I'm not holding my breath,  but if he stays,  they can kiss the next governor's race goodbye.  I'll abstain or vote dem out of sheer spite for that RINO.  I can at least count on a dem to *expletive deleted*ck me,  I resent it more when it's from someone who allegedly represents me.