Author Topic: Well this is fun...  (Read 2954 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Well this is fun...
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2020, 06:20:42 PM »
I've actually gotten used to that (as BobR said I would have to, living in the intermountain West). Thirty miles is nothing anymore. It helps that (outside of the Boise metro area) the roads are relatively empty, so I don't get worked up over traffic like I always did in CA.

You are also retired, I already have to give up 40hrs per week to pay the bills. I'm getting to the point I don't like to give up anymore of my free time for mundane stuff.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2020, 06:35:04 PM »
Might be road flares for starting fires.

Are you saying they can't tell the difference between dynamite and road flares?            ;)

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2020, 06:41:28 PM »
USA Today is reporting that Walmart is pulling guns and ammo from their stores nationwide due to concerns over nationwide election violence.

Honestly, I am concerned.  My change in employment has me working in Downtown Columbus, which has seen violence this past summer.  I work in the courthouse, which is probably on a short list of targets for troublemakers.  There's talk of more food shortages if distribution routes are interrupted by unrest.  Yes, I wi be armed and vigilant,  and we have plenty of food to get us through most any shortage.  But I'd really rather not deal with this crap, you know?  Not to mention this nagging anxiety that Biden is going to win, the Senate will go blue, and someone will pass a law banning possession of firearms capable of accepting a magazine that can hold more than ten rounds (basically all semi autos declared assault weapons)

I need a drink...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2020, 06:45:08 PM »
Are you saying they can't tell the difference between dynamite and road flares?            ;)

Not from Harlan County.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2020, 07:03:46 PM »
Walmart pulling guns and ammo off display ahead of the election

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebMjGRRHmts

WSJ: Walmart Removes All Guns and Ammo In Case of Post-Election Looting
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wsj-walmart-removes-all-guns-and-ammo-in-case-of-post-election-looting/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2020, 07:18:08 PM »
Given the current buying panic and Walmart's previous move to curtail firearm sales, was there anything left to remove?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2020, 08:32:29 PM »
I didn’t think dynamite was commonly used anymore.  Pretty sure a gel-based explosive like Tovex is used instead these days.

I’m guessing either flares or fireworks.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2020, 09:14:45 PM »
You are also retired, I already have to give up 40hrs per week to pay the bills. I'm getting to the point I don't like to give up anymore of my free time for mundane stuff.

I had a great set up till Feb 2018. I reported to the small office 2 miles from the house for over 13 years. They decided I didn't have enough work in my area and I was force relocated to downtown Tulsa, a 94  mile a day commute. Since I had been the night shift I was "lunch on job" so a straight 8 hour work shift. When I went to days i have a mandatory 1 hour unpaid lunch break making a 9 hour day. Add in commute time and I calculate I lost 18 hours a week of free time.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2020, 09:19:19 PM »
Given the current buying panic and Walmart's previous move to curtail firearm sales, was there anything left to remove?

Yep.  They removed 20+ rifles/shotguns from display, plus 2 shopping carts full of ammo at the local WM.  And that's at one of their small supercenters.

What  "previous move to curtail firearm sales" are you referring to?  Far as I know, the only thing WM's done along those lines is to stop selling handgun & AR (5.56 & .223) ammo.  That wasn't done to slow down sales - it was folding to non-existent pressure to get rid of the "evil" things.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2020, 02:08:44 PM »
Think I need more than a full G-19 and a full spare mag? I DO have my Uplula loader and many boxes of "spare" ammo on hand. I COULD break out the S&W 10-8 and its 2 speed loaders along with the .38 ammo we have on hand... [tinfoil] :P
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2020, 05:54:52 PM »
Walmart pulling guns and ammo off display ahead of the election

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebMjGRRHmts

WSJ: Walmart Removes All Guns and Ammo In Case of Post-Election Looting
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wsj-walmart-removes-all-guns-and-ammo-in-case-of-post-election-looting/

Apparently now reversing their decision because the SJWs told them there was no rioting anywhere, just peaceful protests.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/walmart-returning-firearm-guns-ammo-store-displays/

Not that it matters much. I honestly was unaware that Walmart was still even selling guns and ammo. I haven't been there since like February.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2020, 05:58:31 PM »
Apparently now reversing their decision because the SJWs told them there was no rioting anywhere, just peaceful protests.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/walmart-returning-firearm-guns-ammo-store-displays/

Not that it matters much. I honestly was unaware that Walmart was still even selling guns and ammo. I haven't been there since like February.

Someone convinced them Harris is going to win.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2020, 11:23:49 PM »

They were probably just storing them in the back anyway.

About the only thing I bought at Walmart in the last 6 months is some 30-30 ammo.  They still had plenty of that sort of ammo.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2020, 01:00:12 AM »
My population 70 town might explode if the mennonites get frisky.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2020, 07:59:37 AM »
My population 70 town might explode if the mennonites get frisky.

Clop clop clop clop

BANG! BANG! BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG!

Clop clop clop clop...

Amish drive by shooting.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2020, 08:59:39 AM »
Clop clop clop clop

Clop clop clop clop...

Amish drive by shooting.

Lock, BANG!
Powder, Patch Ball, Prime, Lock, BANG!
Powder, Patch, Ball, Prime, Lock, Bang!
Powder, Patch, Ball, Prime, Lock, Misfire, Devil Gun! Holy mother of blessed acceleration I'm out of here! Clop Clop Clop Clop Clop Clop
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 09:12:53 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2020, 10:03:24 AM »
Clop clop clop clop

Clop clop clop clop...

Amish drive by shooting.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2020, 10:04:09 AM »
Clop clop clop clop

Clop clop clop clop...

Amish drive by shooting.

Front on them, get clopped, papist.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2020, 02:37:36 PM »
Hum... I need to get one of those...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.