Author Topic: What we're all thinking  (Read 1099 times)

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
What we're all thinking
« on: September 06, 2020, 09:39:37 PM »

Maybe shouldn't have been said aloud by a congressman, but ...
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Andiron

• friend
Re: What we're all thinking
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 09:47:17 PM »
I actually think that SHOULD be said, by local leaders to some extent.

You can turn on the news and see what the opposite, hands off approach has gotten other cities.  If the mayor of Rochester, for example, would've went with the *expletive deleted*ck around and find out doctrine,  maybe they rioters think twice before trashing town.

Most of this crap left First Amendment town LONG ago.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 09:49:17 PM »
10 rounds?  1450 FPS?  What would that be?  A .357 only holds 6 rounds.

A .45 Colt carbine seems unlikely :D  Any other rifle except a .22, it's too slow.  It's a little too fast for 9mm or .40 from a pistol.  Maybe a 9mm carbine?

I pick the strangest things to analyze...
"It's good, though..."

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 09:55:33 PM »

A .45 Colt carbine seems unlikely :D  Any other rifle except a .22, it's too slow.  It's a little too fast for 9mm or .40 from a pistol.  Maybe a 9mm carbine?

maybe a pair of 5 round 44 mags? I was thinking I'd use gold dots at about 3K

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 10:05:50 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 11:06:14 PM »
Maybe a heavy bullet .45-70. Someone with an appreciation for the classics.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 12:05:56 AM »

A XDm 10 with a downloaded.magazine. 😉

Bob

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 12:07:03 AM »
Glock G29
10mm
10rd mag
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 12:09:31 AM »
Maybe a heavy bullet .45-70. Someone with an appreciation for the classics.

My Henry H010 .45-70 only holds 4 in the mag tube so 4+1.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 08:47:34 AM »
Could be .357 Sig in a Glock 33...
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2020, 09:29:55 AM »
This is the only board where that post turns into "What caliber"

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2020, 09:37:52 AM »
I'd prefer to tackle the hard subjects with both rhetoric and reason and try and forestall that potentiality.

There is a very small percentage on the left who are involved in the violence.

Their coalition of the fringes is not monolithic.

I'm not saying don't prepare for violence, be prepared.

The right has to be able to demonstrate that we are the "strong horse", even before or in the act of diffusing violence.

If the public perception of who is the best for their individual interests and who is the strong horse switches to the right, the whole leftist program collapses.

This is not the time for ideological rigidness. Examine your presuppositions and axioms. Some are worthy of dying for but many are not.

As a gun owner I'm very sensitive to the part of the Lords Prayer that encourages us to pray "lead us not into temptation". If it comes to violence in the protection of innocents let's all have clean hands and a clear conscience that we worked to avoid violence.

This is the only board where that post turns into "What caliber"
45 acp and 5.56 and 12g, you have to run what ya brung.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2020, 10:23:03 AM »

As a gun owner I'm very sensitive to the part of the Lords Prayer that encourages us to pray "lead us not into temptation". If it comes to violence in the protection of innocents let's all have clean hands and a clear conscience that we worked to avoid violence.

We work to avoid violence by not leaving our home base to attend these idiotic "peaceful protests." When the idiots bring their "peaceful protesting" to your home town, then it's time to shift to the next phrase from the Lord's Prayer: "..., But deliver us from evil,"

Make no mistake about it, people who disrupt the lives of other people who have had nothing to do with whatever the protesters are protesting, who block public streets, destroy public and private property, and commit arson and assault -- are evil incarnate. They need to be dealt with as what they are.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2020, 10:32:21 AM »
What's the difference between a radical leftist and a moderate leftist?

A radical leftist wants to burn your business and home and beat you to death in the street because you hold a different political view than they do.

A moderate leftist wants a radical leftist to burn your business and home and beat you to death in the street because you hold a different political view than they do.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2020, 10:35:32 AM »
A moderate leftist wants a radical leftist to burn your business and home and beat you to death in the street because you hold a different political view than they do.

And refers to the act as free speech and/or peaceful protesting
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2020, 10:42:26 AM »

A radical leftist wants to burn your business and home and beat you to death in the street because you hold a different political view than they do.

Well said for these times.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2020, 03:35:33 PM »
I'd prefer to tackle the hard subjects with both rhetoric and reason and try and forestall that potentiality.

There is a very small percentage on the left who are involved in the violence.

Their coalition of the fringes is not monolithic.

I'm not saying don't prepare for violence, be prepared.

The right has to be able to demonstrate that we are the "strong horse", even before or in the act of diffusing violence.

If the public perception of who is the best for their individual interests and who is the strong horse switches to the right, the whole leftist program collapses.

This is not the time for ideological rigidness. Examine your presuppositions and axioms. Some are worthy of dying for but many are not.

45 acp and 5.56 and 12g, you have to run what ya brung.

I agree that not all these leftists are the ones committing violence, but it seems the majority have no problem covering for the ones who do commit violence.  And I think more will follow the violent while in the mob and commit more violence themselves.  I don't think it would take very much for law enforcement to shut this down.  They just have to do it and don't apologize if a few of the rioters get hurt. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2020, 04:29:15 PM »

A moderate leftist wants a radical or the police to burn you out and and beat you to death in the street because you hold a different political view; I'm not sure they care which as long as you're dead and they didn't personally have to get their hands dirty.  And if the democrats sweep the election, they'll control the police.
"It's good, though..."