Author Topic: NYT: Inside the boogaloo  (Read 3607 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: NYT: Inside the boogaloo
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 11:32:44 AM »
I like how they don't allow the boogaloo-ers to actually be opposed to racism. They just "claim to be."  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 11:44:28 AM »
Couple of things from the article:

Amid the hysteria about nonexistent vans full of Antifa supersoldiers, actual heavily armed militia groups around the country stepped in to provide what they saw as protection to communities, often with the encouragement of lawmakers.

I'm not sure anyone but the MSM would refer to antifa as "supersoldiers". Most all the right wing oriented stuff I read refers to them as rioters, looters and other rabble. I haven't seen anything on the right that acknowledges any real training. To not make a blanket statement, I'm sure there is a small percentage that has taken some training, maybe even the same classes many of us take. But I think that's a very small percentage. Most of these antifa seem to have learned their "supersoldier" techniques from Grand Theft Auto.

In Idaho, in the first week of June, armed men and women lined Coeur d’Alene, standing guard outside restaurants and slugging liquor at crowded bars. Some wore Hawaiian shirts. Most wore tactical gear. Farther north, in Sandpoint, a county commissioner warned on Facebook of a looming threat. “We are hearing from other sources of protesters coming to the county courthouse,” he wrote. “It would be great to have some of the Bonner County folks come out to counter anything that might get out of hand.” A small group of white, teenage Black Lives Matter protesters found themselves being followed and outnumbered by armed men in full tactical gear.

This was reported on quite differently at the state level - even (with the exception of the commie Idaho Statesman) by somewhat left leaning news sources. BLM people were actually thanking armed local citizens that were walking the streets in CDA.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 12:07:26 PM »
Bummer, it wants me to log in or subscribe.

Anyone here actually know or run across a boogaloo guy?

I thought it was only a meme.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 12:13:10 PM »

Only place I've seen "real" ones are on the live feeds burning, looting, spray painting buildings, smashing windows, harnessing and murdering peaceful for justice protesters.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 12:17:19 PM »

I didn't have an issues, it popped right up for me. I just scrolled up and the "sign up" thing disappeared.

Also, the reader comments are most telling regarding the urban/rural divide. What these people are calling militias, I have been calling ordinary neighbors for the last year and a half.

Also, the body armor I ordered is getting delivered this week. I need to check my stored clothing box to see if I still have a Hawaiian shirt in there.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 12:28:40 PM »

I'm not sure anyone but the MSM would refer to antifa as "supersoldiers".

That's how they do propaganda. Change the oppositions argumens in subtle but significant ways, then claim it's false.

Fact: There are no vans full of Antifa Supersoldiers

Also fact: there are busses full of BLM/Antifa LARPers

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 12:43:50 PM »
That's how they do propaganda. Change the oppositions argumens in subtle but significant ways, then claim it's false.

Fact: There are no vans full of Antifa Supersoldiers

Also fact: there are busses full of BLM/Antifa LARPers

"supersoldiers" in order to mock those pointing out that antifa is using actual surveillance and communication tactics.

These people are evil.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 09:56:44 PM »

It is a meme. I don't know if the MSM actually thinks it's a real thing but they seem to like to apply the word randomly to whatever they see fit.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 10:48:49 PM »
Since the PNW is a hotbed of people espousing these beliefs, I have read a great deal on this topic.  The boogaloo and its adherents are very real and I have encountered many such people on forums just like this.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2020, 12:58:58 AM »
Since the PNW is a hotbed of people espousing these beliefs, I have read a great deal on this topic.  The boogaloo and its adherents are very real and I have encountered many such people on forums just like this.

"We got both kinds o' crazy - boogaloo AND antifer!"

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2020, 07:47:39 AM »
Since the PNW is a hotbed of people espousing these beliefs, I have read a great deal on this topic.  The boogaloo and its adherents are very real and I have encountered many such people on forums just like this.

Probably just like the KKK and militia's, mostly Feds larping, catching a bunch of dysfunctional disaffected nobodies making plans they would never try and pull off without their undercover Fed friends encouragement and "help".

What kind of forums do you hang out on? You should be careful where you hang out!

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2020, 12:27:05 PM »
A small group of white, teenage Black Lives Matter protesters found themselves being followed and outnumbered by armed men in full tactical gear.

Since they're following them anyway, they should follow the BLM back to their cars/houses and photograph license plates/addresses.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2020, 12:42:11 PM »
A small group of white, teenage Black Lives Matter protesters found themselves being followed and outnumbered by armed men in full tactical gear.
Since they're following them anyway, they should follow the BLM back to their cars/houses and photograph license plates/addresses.

They say that like being surrounded, outnumbered and followed by folks who look like they might commit violence is worrisome, or makes them fear for their safety or something.....

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2020, 09:37:39 AM »

Justice Department charges 2 with plotting to support Hamas, shoot cops in Minnesota
https://www.foxnews.com/us/2-boogaloo-bois-attempted-to-join-forces-with-hamas-to-overthrow-us-government-prosecutors
Two American citizens with ties to a far-right extremist group have been charged with trying to support Hamas, a Palestinian terrorist group, and plotting violent attacks in Minnesota.

Michael Robert Solomon, 30 and Benjamin Ryan Teeter, 22, were taken into custody Thursday night in Minneapolis, the Justice Department said.

Prosecutors say the men are members of a group called the Boogaloo Bois, a faction of a subgroup known as the Boojahideen. They were allegedly conspiring with Hamas to sow discord amid racial justice protests in Minnesota by shooting cops, blowing up a courthouse and killing politicians.

Boogaloo's Arrested for allegedly supporting Hamas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvlNmxeRxcM
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2020, 09:46:32 AM »
The Boogaloo lives!  :laugh:

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2020, 09:58:03 AM »
Boogaloo Lives Matter!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2020, 10:22:57 AM »
Boogaloo supporting Hamas?  That doesn't smell quite right.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2020, 10:27:19 AM »
Of course, they are members of an internet meme. That makes perfect sense now.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2020, 10:57:17 AM »
I wonder what they were planning a few years back when the zombie apocalypse was all the rage?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2020, 11:34:01 AM »
Boogaloo supporting Hamas?  That doesn't smell quite right.

That's because it is total bullshit.  A huge portion of Big Igloo supporters are veterans who were just fighting hamas in the sandbox.  Yeah that sounds poorly contrived.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2020, 06:20:40 PM »
"racial justice"  :rofl:

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2020, 10:37:25 PM »
I'm just going to two jobs and trying to enjoy my garden. The cosplayers on both sides can have it. When the world forces me to finally get my big igloo cooler out of storage I imagine a few other grumpy old men will be feeling the same way.  [popcorn]
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2020, 05:37:33 AM »
That's because it is total bullshit.  A huge portion of Big Igloo supporters are veterans who were just fighting hamas in the sandbox.  Yeah that sounds poorly contrived.

This. I’ve seen a few Boog pages In the past, and I have seen purely libertarian/anti communist content.

The seizure of CNN’s branding though...that was masterful😂
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2020, 03:58:08 AM »
I recall hearing a long time ago that Hawaiin shirts were good for concealment of full size pistols .

I've seen pictures of guys in those shirts at counter protest but am unaware of any members
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."