Author Topic: America is turning off MLB (Salty Cracker video)  (Read 1785 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Re: America is turning off MLB (Salty Cracker video)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 07:37:22 PM »
I'd pretty given up watching sports  before all this SJW stuff started because as I get older the less time I have and thus the less time I want to spend on things like that.

However I held no animus towards the leagues. Now I do though.

I want them to be hurt by this and if any or all of them go under because of this nonsense I'll be happy.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 07:41:47 PM »
I want them to be hurt by this and if any or all of them go under because of this nonsense I'll be happy.

This. No use for the lot of 'em.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 07:48:01 PM »
I love the way the author (Salty) juxtaposes the image the leagues are trying to present with the reality of the terrorists' actual destruction, and then points out that the viewers can see for themselves what's really happening.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 07:51:05 PM »
Once all the kneeling started and the NFL didn't do anything about it I stopped watching.  It took some time to take that to zero, but it is there.  I just hope they get the message and change, but I don't see that happening until get hurt a lot more, until the teams start having to cut pay because the TV revenue isn't there.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 07:55:11 PM »
and NBA because

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXwi3xOUUVA

Watch it before YouTube (Google) censors it.

The man has a point.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 09:05:27 PM »
I think cord-cutting is having a pretty significant impact, too.

ESPN and the sports channels are part of the default cable bundle and cannot be removed by consumers.  When cord-cutters come along and get rid of the whole bundle, then choose what they really want to pay to watch, most of them find they don't really need sports at all.  No reason to go seeking them out deliberately when they do left-pandering things on purpose, and most of their customer demographic is centrist/right.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 09:48:50 PM »
I think cord-cutting is having a pretty significant impact, too.

ESPN and the sports channels are part of the default cable bundle and cannot be removed by consumers.  When cord-cutters come along and get rid of the whole bundle, then choose what they really want to pay to watch, most of them find they don't really need sports at all.  No reason to go seeking them out deliberately when they do left-pandering things on purpose, and most of their customer demographic is centrist/right.
That was becoming an issue before all the social justice started.  ESPN was already cutting back.  They had too many large, large contracts with professional and college sports. 

That brings to mind a thought:  Most of the NFL/NBA/MLB TV contracts cover quite a few years.  I wonder when they will all be up for renewal.  I imagine nothing will change until the money starts really drying up.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2020, 02:39:21 PM »
Some idiot nominated Kaepernick for the Hall of Fame.

To be clear, it's in the contributor category, not as a player. Because as a player he wouldn't even make it into the Hall of the Really Good, but Not Great.

The dude's reasons are stupid and Kaep wouldn't be eligible for a few more years in any event and, who knows, by that time the NFL might be defunct and it won't matter at all.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2020, 02:42:53 PM »
Some idiot nominated Kaepernick for the Hall of Fame.

To be clear, it's in the contributor category, not as a player. Because as a player he wouldn't even make it into the Hall of the Really Good, but Not Great.

The dude's reasons are stupid and Kaep wouldn't be eligible for a few more years in any event and, who knows, by that time the NFL might be defunct and it won't matter at all.

If they don't the media will spin it.
CNN: Politics and racism keep Colin Kaepernick out of the NFL Hall of Fame,
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2020, 03:25:09 PM »
But wait, there's more

EA Sports is pleased to welcome illustrious ‘top free agent’ Colin Kaepernick to the Madden NFL 21 universe
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/09/08/ea-sports-is-pleased-to-welcome-illustrious-top-free-agent-colin-kaepernick-to-the-madden-nfl-21-universe/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2020, 03:54:16 PM »
"...you guys are out there shilling for domestic terrorism..."

Amen.

Do I hear a halleluya that somebody still has the balls to say this out loud?

I've said it before: this country is cutting off its own balls with all this political correctness nonsense.

Not exactly the most acute or astute observation, but somebody had to say it out loud every once in a while.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 04:08:09 PM by 230RN »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2020, 04:02:18 PM »
The sad part is Nike keeps paying that guy.  If he didn't have that, he might have to actually shut up and try to get a QB job.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2020, 04:03:10 PM »
The sad part is Nike keeps paying that guy.  If he didn't have that, he might have to actually shut up and try to get a QB McDs job.

FIFY
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2020, 12:49:30 AM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2020, 10:59:55 AM »
According to Gallup, the sports industry now boasts a negative image among U.S. adults: 30 percent see the sports industry positively, compared to 40 percent reporting a negative image. This year’s survey illustrates a 30 percent decline from American views on the sports industry a year ago, when the corporate sports enjoyed a net positive 20 percent rating, with 45 percent of Americans reporting a favorable opinion compared to 25 percent who said otherwise.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/11/gallup-public-favorablity-towards-the-u-s-sports-industry-has-collapsed/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2020, 12:09:35 AM »
This should help ratings. Saints put Jacob Blake's name on their helmets during practice:

https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/02/why-is-drew-brees-wearing-the-name-of-an-alleged-rapist-on-his-helmet/

I have no words that can describe the level of stupidity this was.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2020, 03:57:34 PM »
I just saw that the San Francisco Forty-Niners National Football League football franchise is playing at their home pitch today.

The air quality index for all of Northern California is at least unhealthy with spots of very unhealthy.

Santa Clara itself is listed as unhealthy with a numeric designation of 161.

As I understand it, football is a very active sport in which there is much exertion and resultant heavy breathing and intake of oxygen, which would seem to be unwise in this current environment.

I wonder why the people in charge of footballing decisions do not cancel this match.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2020, 04:50:02 PM »
I just saw that the San Francisco Forty-Niners National Football League football franchise is playing at their home pitch today.

The air quality index for all of Northern California is at least unhealthy with spots of very unhealthy.

Santa Clara itself is listed as unhealthy with a numeric designation of 161.

As I understand it, football is a very active sport in which there is much exertion and resultant heavy breathing and intake of oxygen, which would seem to be unwise in this current environment.

I wonder why the people in charge of footballing decisions do not cancel this match.

Because they're not the ones breathing it.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2020, 06:16:53 PM »
Black Smoke Matters
- Calvin and Hobbes