Author Topic: 12-year old busted for having a nerf gun -- in his own home  (Read 1546 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
12-year old busted for having a nerf gun -- in his own home
« on: September 07, 2020, 09:29:41 PM »
The insanity of the left never ceases to amaze me. They excuse "peaceful protesters" peacefully smashing and burning buildings and cars, and peacefully assaulting anyone who doesn't agree with them, but a kid has a toy in the privacy of his own home, not doing anything dangerous to anyone -- and they call the cops and suspend him for a week.

https://reason.com/2020/09/07/zoom-nerf-gun-school-cops-kid-isaiah-elliott/
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: 12-year old busted for having a nerf gun -- in his own home
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 09:34:48 PM »
If I was the cop, I probably would have bought him some more NERF stuff just for the LOLZ.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 09:39:24 PM »
IMO, what the cops should have done once they saw the "gun" in question is go and find the teacher and arrest her for a false 911 call. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 11:05:15 PM »
"For them to go as extreme as suspending him for five days, sending the police out, having the police threaten to press charges against him because they want to compare the virtual environment to the actual in-school environment is insane,"

Remember, these are the cops that have supposedly sworn to uphold the constitution.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When faced with obeying an unconstitutional order and trampling on the rights of citizens or losing their job the overwhelming majority of police will default to their paycheck.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 11:28:23 PM »
Remember, these are the cops that have supposedly sworn to uphold the constitution.

Quoted for all the hard of hearing folks in the back row, with their "Oathkeepers" hats.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2020, 08:37:30 AM »
I'd like to see a revival of the old colonial American custom of tarring and feathering bad bureaucrats.  =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2020, 09:23:43 AM »
I'd like to see a revival of the old colonial American custom of tarring and feathering bad bureaucrats.  =(

As would I.
And, since we are a more enlightened and compassionate society today we wouldn't need to use a hot tar product. some of the cold roofing tar patch products would do just fine.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2020, 09:25:51 AM »
Nerf Guns Matter
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2020, 09:29:15 AM »
As would I.
And, since we are a more enlightened and compassionate society today we wouldn't need to use a hot tar product. some of the cold roofing tar patch products would do just fine.

Most people are unaware that they used pine tar, at room temperature, and not hot tar that could/would cause actual burns.

It was about injuring their pride, not their person.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2020, 11:20:17 AM »
Since the story didn't trouble themselves to identify the Idiot's Parade school in question, inquiries may be directed to the following destinations...

Social Media
https://www.facebook.com/WidefieldSchoolDistrict3/
https://www.facebook.com/pg/WidefieldSchoolDistrict3/about/?ref=page_internal

*EDIT TO ADD* It appears they have taken down their Facebook page. Can't imagine why, though the ire and incredulity expressed in comments prior to the takedown might have had something to do with it.

USPS
Widefield School District 3
1820 Main St
Colorado Springs, CO  80911-1152

info@wsd3.org

Phone
719-391-3000

Brad
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 12:28:45 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

griz

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2020, 11:32:23 AM »
The article quotes this as an explanation from the district school system.

"We take the safety of all our students and staff very seriously," said the district. "Safety is always our number one priority."

I would have to question the sanity of adults who seriously believed there was a threat to other students or staff from seeing an image on a computer screen.  (even of a real gun)  I mean actually question their competence to explain reality to children.  If they saw a fire in a student's home would they make the teacher and other students run out of their own homes?  Do they call 911 when they see am actual act of violence on the evening news?  It makes me wonder why we even have a public education system if it's that looney.  Why do we pay them to indoctrinate kids?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2020, 11:45:30 AM »
The insanity of the left never ceases to amaze me. They excuse "peaceful protesters" peacefully smashing and burning buildings and cars, and peacefully assaulting anyone who doesn't agree with them, but a kid has a toy in the privacy of his own home, not doing anything dangerous to anyone -- and they call the cops and suspend him for a week.

Insanity is a funny way to spell lawfare. But we need a new term to describe the intentional, public refusals to indict racial justice terrorists. Unlawfare? Undoublepluslawfare?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2020, 12:54:36 PM »
I guess I have to be careful not to have weapons in view when teaching online.  A while back, a Montessori school I taught for had campouts several times a year.  I would have a class in the woods on gun safety coupled with some fun .22 plinking sessions.

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2020, 01:47:33 PM »
If teachers and school administrators were wondering why there was so much pushback on "parents are unwelcome to view classroom sessions", this is why.

Brad
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 02:53:05 PM by Brad Johnson »
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2020, 02:28:22 PM »
So I asked my wife about this, who is starting the school year today using Google Canvas and Zoom as her remote teaching tools.  She replied that she would be happy if the parents who occasionally walk by the camera were fully clothed at all times.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2020, 03:51:09 PM »
So I asked my wife about this, who is starting the school year today using Google Canvas and Zoom as her remote teaching tools.  She replied that she would be happy if the parents who occasionally walk by the camera were fully clothed at all times.
Sounds like there is room for compromise.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2020, 06:08:28 PM »

They need a class on the evils of body-shaming.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2020, 10:30:25 PM »
The teacher was just concerned the young'n was on the path to become a boogaloo boi.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2020, 12:50:02 AM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When faced with obeying an unconstitutional order and trampling on the rights of citizens or losing their job the overwhelming majority of police will default to their paycheck.

What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, polkers, or whatever else was at hand?
Part I The Prison Industry, Ch. 1 "Arrest" (p13, The Gulag Archipelago, Collins 1974)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2020, 03:19:35 PM »
If I had kids I would have real guns behind them during zoom sessions
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

griz

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2020, 03:41:56 PM »
Since the story didn't trouble themselves to identify the Idiot's Parade school in question, inquiries may be directed to the following destinations...

Social Media
https://www.facebook.com/WidefieldSchoolDistrict3/
https://www.facebook.com/pg/WidefieldSchoolDistrict3/about/?ref=page_internal

*EDIT TO ADD* It appears they have taken down their Facebook page. Can't imagine why, though the ire and incredulity expressed in comments prior to the takedown might have had something to do with it.

USPS

I tried emailing the
Widefield School District 3
1820 Main St
Colorado Springs, CO  80911-1152

info@wsd3.org

Phone
719-391-3000

Brad

I tried emailing the school district asking them if they seriously felt threatened by, not an actual, but an image of a toy gun.  No answer.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2020, 05:57:15 PM »
Widefield is the district. Grand Mountain School is the specific school. They haven't bothered to take down their web site.

https://grandmountain.wsd3.org/

Brad
-HankB