Author Topic: Is "Free" really worth it?  (Read 826 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Is "Free" really worth it?
« on: September 08, 2020, 03:49:01 PM »
Neighbor who is moving out gave me his Tower fan. Works well BUT he is a heavy toke^H^H^H^Hsmoker. Is "Free"really worth it in the long run?
Oh well, I have a date with a tub full of 409, a brush and LOTS of hot water.  :facepalm:

(click for detail/LARGE image)
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Is "Free" really worth it?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 03:51:48 PM »
Dear lord... that thing is nasty.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 03:54:35 PM »

Oh well, I have a date with a tub full of 409, a brush and LOTS of hot water.  :facepalm:

Be sure it's not plugged in ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 03:58:04 PM »
Be sure it's not plugged in ...

The `lectricks will be kept up and out of the wet stuff AND it WILL be unplugged!  :O
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 04:03:09 PM »
Seeing the title, I thought this would be a political article.
β€œIt is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2020, 04:19:25 PM »
No.  It is not worth it.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2020, 05:55:58 PM »
Neighbor who is moving out gave me his Tower fan. Works well BUT he is a heavy toke^H^H^H^Hsmoker. Is "Free"really worth it in the long run?
Looks like you may just be ready for 409's successor.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRce2B8wOSk
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2020, 06:59:14 PM »
Try Febreze on that fan, perhaps.  It worked in getting cigarette smells off my clothes and couch and in my car, etc.

Chemical smells from cleaners always get to me.  409, the ammonia, Lysol the strong fake pine smell... others I forget because I don't use them anymore.  Oh, I dislike the smell of Dawn detergent but I use it because it's colored blue so when you dilute it in a spray bottle, it's easily distinguished from the water in another spray bottle.

For nasty stuff or enclose spaces (bathroom, e.g.), I got a cartridge-filtered face mask from the lumber yard.

Terry, 230RN

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2020, 08:10:35 PM »
409 is the Shizznit! Cleaned it with no scrubbing, nothing! Spray, let sit, hot water rinse using the shower hose.
MOLON LABE!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2020, 10:59:59 PM »
Only DETCORD will clean up THAT mess!!!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2020, 11:27:40 PM »
If you could use musical notes to blow something up, would that be considered detchord?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 12:57:32 AM »
It cleaned up nicely! I need to oil the bearings as it is a tad noisy, not real bad. I also discovered that my old fan's remote works PERFECTLY with this one! SWEET!
MOLON LABE!

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 09:49:40 AM »
It cleaned up nicely! I need to oil the bearings as it is a tad noisy, not real bad. I also discovered that my old fan's remote works PERFECTLY with this one! SWEET!

Well, there's your answer . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2020, 10:17:40 AM »
If you managed to kill the smell, I guess free was worth it.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen a really nasty smoker's computer in quite a while.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.