Author Topic: Dead soldiers at Fort Hood  (Read 462 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Dead soldiers at Fort Hood
« on: September 08, 2020, 08:58:46 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2020/09/08/910747947/congress-launches-investigation-into-fort-hood-deaths?utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR3oxbpiX9h3mTvsHd3ar3QrylINiNZnJdJaGJ1YTEbkwd5LyLjJlmg3Td4

So I wonder if this is an unusual amount of deaths for an installation of this size.  I read in the local media of deaths at Joint Base Lewis/McChord but most of them are accidents or suicides with the occasional crime victim.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Dead soldiers at Fort Hood
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 09:21:11 PM »
Definitely tripping the "WTF-O-Meter".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Dead soldiers at Fort Hood
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 12:03:22 AM »
I would say they definitely have a problem at Fort Hood, but I'm not at all convinced that the blame lies with the base commander. The base commander runs the base, he or she doesn't have operational control over any of the units operating out of that base and can't have much direct influence on either morale, or lack of oversight that allows for sexual harrassment, bullying, adultery, or whatever.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design