Author Topic: Western Oregon is on fire  (Read 4474 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Western Oregon is on fire
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2020, 08:32:02 AM »
Trump has great instincts.

Instead of getting lost in the weeds of arson/no arson he goes for the jugular vein and avoids the distractions.

It's not climate change and it's not arson although both may be a part.

It's decades of fire suppression and poor forest management.

I crack up about the "OMG climate change!" reasoning. And hey, climate does change, climate is variable. So you adapt to it and create climate resiliency. Which would mean, if heavy rain in the Winter/Spring (often weather) is followed by higher Summer/Fall temps (also often weather), then you recognize that it might cause vastly increased growth of brush/grass/weeds and you increase forest and firebreak clearing and expedite permits for utilities to clear their easements.

Instead, we simply have people screaming "OMG climate change!" while also keeping sensible people from responding to it because they might put out a pound of carbon doing so. Solar panels and electric cars have zero impact on lightning caused (or even arson caused) wildfires. In fact one could put on a light layer of tinfoil and say that they WANT this, because more wildfires means more advertising for their cause, because too many of the sheep can't do 2+2=4. Or in the case of fire mitigation and forest management, 4-2=2.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Western Oregon is on fire
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2020, 09:39:43 AM »
Solutions are not allowed here.  Too busy complaining about the consequences of our actions.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge