Author Topic: Elon Musk  (Read 704 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Elon Musk
« on: September 10, 2020, 01:42:38 PM »
Whatever else you may think of Elon Musk, you have to give the guy credit for almost never apologizing, explaining, or kowtowing to the SJW crowd. Robert Reich the Ivy League "economist".  ;/

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/09/10/hello-911-i-need-to-report-a-murder-elon-musk-had-a-brutal-comeback-after-robert-reich-accused-him-of-being-a-modern-day-robber-baron/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: Elon Musk
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 02:22:19 PM »
I just read that and LOLed.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 02:31:54 PM »
He may be a Bond villain, but dang it he's OUR Bond villain.

FWIW, I have appreciated my Tesla stock this summer, and despite the company currently being overvalued, I continue to think it's a good investment, because they try all kinds of new things, and succeed at most of them.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 08:37:10 PM »

FWIW, I have appreciated my Tesla stock this summer, and despite the company currently being overvalued, I continue to think it's a good investment, because they try all kinds of new things, and succeed at most of them.

Musk v. Putin, and Bond is only ever seen just waiting their spat with amusement and popcorn.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 10:26:18 PM »

I cannot understand how the stock stays above $4 (post-split) nevermind $350.  If had TSLA, given the still sketchy as hell fundamentals of the company, I'd be setting some price target and would unload it all at that point. Granted I'd have done that at $200 pre-split, and missed a lot of irrational exuberance.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 10:44:55 PM »
I cannot understand how the stock stays above $4 (post-split) nevermind $350.  If had TSLA, given the still sketchy as hell fundamentals of the company, I'd be setting some price target and would unload it all at that point. Granted I'd have done that at $200 pre-split, and missed a lot of irrational exuberance.

Money laundering or black project cash seem most likely.  Howard Hughes didn't build the Glomar Explorer with his own money.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 11:12:07 PM »
Reich's intellect is about as high as Reich is tall.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2020, 08:52:17 AM »
I cannot understand how the stock stays above $4 (post-split) nevermind $350.

1. There is a huge amount of money/investors looking for a place to invest.
2. Tesla is very popular and popularity has value.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 09:01:00 AM »
1. There is a huge amount of money/investors looking for a place to invest.
2. Tesla is very popular and popularity has value.

There you go. It's really no different than tech stocks like Facebook or Google. I don't see any hard values in most of those types of tech stocks if you run the numbers. Outside of "popularity", the stock values make no sense, yet people are making oodles of dollars on them.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."