Author Topic: Palmer Luckey  (Read 1055 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Palmer Luckey
« on: September 10, 2020, 04:02:51 PM »
First Musk, now another tech bigwig who has impressed me: Palmer Luckey. He's the guy who came up with Oculus Rift. Subsequently sold to Facebook, where he then worked in some higher level capacity. Where he was then fired because he apparently donated (his own) money to an anti-Hillary Clinton group as well as other conservative organizations.

He went on to found Anduril Industries, where he is making bleeding edge SUAS (small drones), geared towards military applications. He is also one of the only big tech guys that I have seen diss China and also the groveling that entities like Google do, including letting their employees dictate saying FU to the US while supporting the Chinese military. Or Google acquiring Boston Dynamics and then immediately cancelling all their US defense contracts.

This is a really good interview from Maria Bartiromo's show on Fox Business this morning:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/shows/mornings-with-maria

I couldn't find a way to link directly to the video, just to the video page, so just look for the Anduril Industries video. It might not last past today, but if you catch it, it's well worth the ten minutes.

I also like him wearing the aloha shirt for the interview. Soon they'll be calling him a boogaloo boy.  :laugh:

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Palmer Luckey
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 05:00:31 PM »
Was hoping for a sequel to Logan Lucky.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 11:44:16 AM »
Ben pointed out:

I also like him wearing the aloha shirt for the interview. Soon they'll be calling him a boogaloo boy.  laugh
For that purpose, IDing as a boogaloo?  I've got five or six Hawaiian shirts I sometimes wear in hot weather (they're fairly good for waistband carry in summer.)

I wasn't aware they were associated with being a "boogaloo" ID flag until I read the article.

Damn, it's getting like accidentally having a wrong-colored bandana hanging out of the wrong back pocket without being a Blood or a Crip or gay or omnisexual or what..  You never know what "flags" the tribes are wearing --and where.

I guess I should start paying more attention to the idiocies going on around me.

Terry,
230RN
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 07:32:25 AM by 230RN »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 12:24:12 PM »

I guess I should start paying more attention to the idiocies going on around me.

Terry,
230RN

Or just ignore them and do what you want, since you're a free American. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 02:46:31 PM »
^ Yes, Ben, but this freeman can get in trouble that a gun can't get me out of by putting out the wrong flags.

T

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 05:29:09 PM »
^ Yes, Ben, but this freeman can get in trouble that a gun can't get me out of by putting out the wrong flags.

T

What kind of neighborhood do you live in?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife