Author Topic: Anti-cop lefty has an interesting take on the riots:  (Read 934 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Anti-cop lefty has an interesting take on the riots:
« on: September 10, 2020, 05:24:48 PM »
https://secretsun.blogspot.com/2020/08/make-no-mistakes-when-you-turn-on-heat.html

He makes some interesting points overall and specifically about how well these LARPerrorists will fare against individuals with real-world training and experience.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Anti-cop lefty has an interesting take on the riots:
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 06:01:54 PM »
Definitely and interesting perspective on current events. The author makes some valid points.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 06:23:17 PM »
This is the problem with political violence. History has shown quite conclusively that your LARPers and bedroom heroes can start all the fights and light all the fires they please, but once you resort to violence you will eventually find yourself up against people who take their violence very, very seriously.

Hmm. Sounds a bit like the "off or on full blast" thing that Dogmush has linked to on Larry Correia's website.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 07:20:55 PM »
That post, and the comments, make very interesting reading.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 07:46:08 PM »
Many of the posts in the comment section ran my Weird-Crap-O-Meter well into the red.  Stopped reading them at that point.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 07:54:41 PM »
That post, and the comments, make very interesting reading.

I had skipped the comments the first time through.
WOW!
 :rofl:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 08:13:01 PM »
I wish I didn't know about the comments. Had I seen them before I posted the blog post I may not have posted it.

Because those comments are off-the-hook crazy. Diminishes the thought process of the author for me in general but his points do still make sense. 
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 09:27:57 PM »
And seeing how today's princelings are predominantly pampered poodles with zero experience in realpolitik, I have a strong feeling it's not going to go very well for them at all, no matter how invincible they might have felt just a few short weeks ago. Trump or no, some parties may be looking to make some examples of them.
This is sort of what I feel about Trump.  He isn't necessarily a brilliant man, but he runs rings about most in D.C. with the political skills he has.

Seems like a very practical look at all this.  I haven't read the comments yet.  Does this guy lean toward the libertarian side of the left?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 09:46:08 PM »
Yeah, many of the commenters are out there.  

Is there a standard for how long (like how many words or phrases or lines should be contained within the parenthesis because some parenthesis breaks go on forever) a parenthesis should go?  Some people let the parenthesis breaks go on so far they forget what the sentence or paragraph was about in the first place.  Come to think of it, I have been caught in conversations with people like that.  

This is referring to a couple of commenters not the main author.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2020, 10:28:04 PM »
The most important thing I learned from the comments is that Pocatello, Idaho, is a 'seismic oasis' and will be immune from the tsunamis that will accompany the End Times.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2020, 10:47:42 PM »
Is there a standard for how long (like how many words or phrases or lines should be contained within the parenthesis because some parenthesis breaks go on forever) a parenthesis should go?  Some people let the parenthesis breaks go on so far they forget what the sentence or paragraph was about in the first place.  Come to think of it, I have been caught in conversations with people like that.  

LISP programmers?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2020, 10:50:20 PM »
https://secretsun.blogspot.com/2020/08/make-no-mistakes-when-you-turn-on-heat.html

He makes some interesting points overall and specifically about how well these LARPerrorists will fare against individuals with real-world training and experience.

Ah, Secret Sun blog.  A regular stop.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 08:16:00 AM »
Well, that was a very interesting read.

Thanks for posting the link.

I've watched enough X-Files to know the conspiracy groups are all infiltrated with spooks  :old:  :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 08:30:01 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.