Author Topic: Interesting phone call. Wrong number?  (Read 531 times)

Kingcreek

• friend
Interesting phone call. Wrong number?
« on: September 11, 2020, 11:50:36 AM »
My cell phone rang and it displayed a San Diego number I did not recognize. I normally wouldn't answer but I knew my step daughter was quite possibly there and on impulse and because I wasn't otherwise busy I answered.
I immediately heard exited shouting and background noise and many words I couldn't understand but then I realized some very exited young man was rapidly saying words like "quarantine" and "you will receive notification by letter" and "this will be the last call you get from me". I also realized that the background noise was a lot of "sir, yes sir!" and what sounded like a drill sergeant barking orders and chewing asses in basic training.
I asked who was calling and the young guy started babbling then the phone sounded like he was trying to dial again. I'm still hearing a lot of what sounded like ass chewing and heavy furniture being thrown around and sir yes sirs throughout.
Then I decided to stay silent and just listen. I hear the caller say "Sir, this phone is not working! Sir!"
That initiated some more loud ass chewing before the phone took a beating and the call disconnected.
I had answered on speaker phone and my wife heard it. She was scared. She didn't sound as scared as the caller though.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Interesting phone call. Wrong number?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 12:02:51 PM »
Welcome to MCRD, call your mommy and tell her you are alive because your ass is mine for the next few months!

Sir, yes sir!!

*MCRD = Marine Corps Recruit Depot.

bob

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 01:35:56 PM »
If you hear "sir," and not "sergeant," that's probably the Corps. (Not that first-day boots know what to call them anyhow.)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 10:22:56 PM »
Sounds like a wrong number call from a boot who couldn't dial under semi-stressful* conditions.

*He's gonna experience more stress than that.