Author Topic: More COVID Deaths than 9/11 Deaths  (Read 954 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
More COVID Deaths than 9/11 Deaths
« on: September 11, 2020, 12:24:52 PM »
Separating this from the remembrance thread. Are these people serious? There are some "big name" journalists and others who seem to practically be coordinating on this. Terrible day to do it.

Also, there were more flu deaths this year than 9/11 deaths. There were more heart attack deaths than 9/11 deaths. There were more automobile deaths than 9/11 deaths...

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/09/11/the-memos-gone-out-media-firefighters-and-darlings-further-debase-themselves-by-using-9-11-to-score-the-cheapest-of-points-against-trump/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: More COVID Deaths than 9/11 Deaths
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 01:21:37 PM »
Separating this from the remembrance thread. Are these people serious? There are some "big name" journalists and others who seem to practically be coordinating on this. Terrible day to do it.

Also, there were more flu deaths this year than 9/11 deaths. There were more heart attack deaths than 9/11 deaths. There were more automobile deaths than 9/11 deaths...

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/09/11/the-memos-gone-out-media-firefighters-and-darlings-further-debase-themselves-by-using-9-11-to-score-the-cheapest-of-points-against-trump/

Ok. Someone ought point out that if we are to take this as comparable to 9/11, shouldn't we, then, respond like 9/11 and seek out the cause of the attack?

How soon do we wipe out the people responsible for the release and spread of this disease? Should we drive Xinnie the Pooh into hiding in Pakistan?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 01:44:44 PM »
So do they think the deaths would be less or more if Hillary had been President?  And what would she have done differently?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 01:50:39 PM »
So do they think the deaths would be less or more if Hillary had been President?  And what would she have done differently?

SHE would have taken it SERIOUSLY. IMAGINE if the country only could have had leadership like the state of New York has! That's what the smartest womxn EVAH would have done.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 01:53:14 PM »
Guess we need a new Patriot Act then. And another GITMO.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 02:55:01 PM »
Guess we need a new Patriot Act then. And another GITMO.
. I will take the gitmo part. Get the minivans ready, we’re going hippie hunting.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 03:38:21 PM »
We probably had more deaths due to traffic accidents as well.  Should we declare war on traffic accidents?  Or just traffic?  Maybe reduce the speed limit to 25...to save the children.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2020, 04:21:05 PM »
We probably had more deaths due to traffic accidents as well.  Should we declare war on traffic accidents?  Or just traffic?  Maybe reduce the speed limit to 25...to save the children.

Irrelevant. Logic doesn't play into the message.

My tinfoil hat is in place now, possibly rightly so. Everywhere I'm looking has "journalists" and others (and I don't mean Politico or other rinky dinks - the big names) reciting this "66 times" number using almost the exact same wording. This is absolutely coordinated.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2020, 12:21:50 AM »
Irrelevant. Logic doesn't play into the message.

My tinfoil hat is in place now, possibly rightly so. Everywhere I'm looking has "journalists" and others (and I don't mean Politico or other rinky dinks - the big names) reciting this "66 times" number using almost the exact same wording. This is absolutely coordinated.

I remember seeing a youtube clip that had spliced different news reports saying literally the same thing. Don't remember what they were talking about but it was quite a few.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic