Poll

What will win the presidency in 2020?

Donald Trump
Joe Biden
Someone... else?

Author Topic: Who will win in 2020?  (Read 33395 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Re: Who will win in 2020?
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2020, 01:34:20 PM »
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2020, 03:25:31 PM »

Pb

• friend
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2020, 03:32:32 PM »
  :old:  Behold, the Trumpslide 2020 cometh  [popcorn]

I typically agree with everything you say.

I sure hope you are right, but I doubt it...   =(

(I'm usually wrong, thank God).

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2020, 04:01:09 PM »
^,^
Grumpy Old Man  Behold, the Trumpslide 2020 cometh  Popcorn

^
I typically agree with everything you say.

I sure hope you are right, but I doubt it...   sad

(I'm usually wrong, thank God).

I'm having trouble figuring out that sequence. ???

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 04:39:27 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2020, 06:10:41 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2020, 09:01:12 AM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2020, 09:07:54 AM »
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 09:26:07 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2020, 09:32:49 AM »
Mainstream syndicated cartoonist

He's not wrong....

Xinnie the Pooh has long known most American politiciatians/businessmen are for sale.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2020, 03:02:21 PM »
I guess this is as good a place as any:

Hillary tells @karaswisher
  "So there is an air of illegitimacy that surrounds Trump’s presidency, and that just infuriates them....Because I was the candidate that they basically stole an election from."

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/10/26/get-some-therapy-hillary-clinton-rants-about-being-the-candidate-that-they-basically-stole-an-election-from/

Shouldn't Twitter be censoring her for disseminating false information?

This "stole the election" and "illegitimate" outrage is going to happen when Trump wins this time, except 10X more. I happened to run into two neighbors today, and both of them brought up the same thing: Riots, sabotage, and the entire left  refusing to accept and working against Trump by any means necessary if he is reelected. They were both legitimately concerned and said almost the exact same thing (I talked to them separately): "Will we have a country after November 3rd?"

AFAIK, neither neighbor is really into politics, but both of them have a real fear that things are going to get bad.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2020, 08:58:40 PM »
Trump is up 10 points just in Philadelphia.

Meaning Biden is doing worse than Clinton did there.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/10/trouble-joe-biden-president-trump-mopping-pennsylvania-vote-joe-biden-lags-crooked-hillary-latest-philly-numbers/

That can't be good for Joe.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2020, 09:02:09 PM »
Trump is up 10 points just in Philadelphia.

Meaning Biden is doing worse than Clinton did there.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/10/trouble-joe-biden-president-trump-mopping-pennsylvania-vote-joe-biden-lags-crooked-hillary-latest-philly-numbers/

That can't be good for Joe.

Dems: We're going to need a bigger Magic Station Wagon of Ballots
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2020, 09:48:45 PM »
Dems: We're going to need a bigger Magic Station Wagon of Ballots

More or less.  I wouldn't mind being wrong on this one. 

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2020, 06:29:29 AM »
Y’all can believe polls if you want but I’ll trust what I see instead. People taking the time to participate in massive parades and rallies, people paying their own money to wrap vehicles including tractor trailers, and people flying flags, signs, wearing hats and tshirts everywhere...and they aren’t doing this stuff for Harris/Biden. The most I see for Biden is some yard signs...not even any bumper stickers hardly. Trump is tremendously popular among the working class. I think that’s one of the reason the left hates him so much, it’s all those flyover rubes who put him in office.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2020, 08:52:17 AM »
Y’all can believe polls if you want but I’ll trust what I see instead. People taking the time to participate in massive parades and rallies, people paying their own money to wrap vehicles including tractor trailers, and people flying flags, signs, wearing hats and tshirts everywhere...and they aren’t doing this stuff for Harris/Biden. The most I see for Biden is some yard signs...not even any bumper stickers hardly. Trump is tremendously popular among the working class. I think that’s one of the reason the left hates him so much, it’s all those flyover rubes who put him in office.
That is one of the reasons I am leaning heavily toward a Trump victory.  When Obama won, he was pulling in big crowds with lots of enthusiasm.  Even Hilary had actual campaign events with actual people. 

Voting against the other guy is rarely a big draw.  I don't think people come out if they don't have someone to vote for.

The other part in the back of my mind is I have seen how much lying and cheating the media has been willing to do this year and the last 4 years.  The same people run the polling.  I recall something Rush said years ago, that the polls all want to be right on election day.  What they say weeks or months ahead of the election is meaningless. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2020, 09:30:11 AM »
This analysis looks accurate to me https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/what-trump-needs-to-win/
With the 2016 map as a starting point, the most likely way Trump loses is by WI, MI & PA flipping.
I am curious to see what happens in AZ, but I don't think that will be a "tipping point" state.

Voting against the other guy is rarely a big draw.  I don't think people come out if they don't have someone to vote for.
This may have been true in the past, but like so many other "laws of politics" I don't think it applies to Trump.
There were a lot of people who weren't enthusiastic at all about Trump but voted against Clinton.
I don't think anyone is excited to vote for Biden but plenty will vote against Trump.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 10:17:22 AM by DittoHead »
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2020, 11:04:25 AM »
I wonder what effect the violence in "Blue" cities (like last night in Philly) will have.  Love Trump or hate him, I don't think anyone thinks Biden has a credible plan to stop police shootings and the ensuing riots that seem to be the norm.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2020, 01:51:26 PM »
I think I just stopped a Biden vote this week with some dialogue.

She's not voting Trump either.  But she's not going to empower Biden with a tick in his box.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2020, 02:38:19 PM »
Got a coffee this morning and was talking to the barista for a minute while she was making the brew.   Young gal, early 20's, been voting democrat since she could vote. She lives in Vancouver, WA, works in Portland. 

She's voting for Trump this year. 

That's the kind of thing that should scare the [censored] out of dems
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2020, 06:00:45 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2020, 06:39:42 PM »

HankB

• friend
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2020, 06:46:28 PM »
Hmmmm . . . anyone know anything about the general political leanings of The Boston Herald?

s://www.bostonherald.com/2020/10/27/the-herald-endorses-president-trump/
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2020, 07:29:02 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2020, 08:13:06 PM »

Available at Amazon.com??   ??   ?? ?
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2020, 08:21:02 PM »
Available at Amazon.com??   ??   ?? ?

Sold out, 4 year back order
- Calvin and Hobbes

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #124 on: October 29, 2020, 12:55:33 PM »
31% of blacks intend to vote for Trump?

If that holds up Trump will win in a landslide and the Dems are finished as a party.