Poll

What will win the presidency in 2020?

Donald Trump
Joe Biden
Someone... else?

Author Topic: Who will win in 2020?  (Read 32922 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Who will win in 2020?
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2020, 09:56:00 PM »
Libertarian Party Reminds Americans They Can Actually Choose Lesser Of Three Evils

https://babylonbee.com/news/libertarians-remind-americans-they-can-actually-choose-lesser-of-three-evils/?utm_content=buffer25ccc&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Many conservatives have reportedly taken the Libertarian Party's message to heart, choosing to vote for the least of three evils: Trump.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2020, 02:29:23 PM »
Trump Agrees To FOUR HOUR Biden Debate Hosted By Joe Rogan
https://thenationalpulse.com/breaking/trump-agrees-to-four-hour-biden-debate-hosted-by-joe-rogan/

Kennedy’s tweet read: “On my podcast with @joerogan he offered to moderate a debate between @JoeBiden and @realDonaldTrump It would be four hours with no live audience. Just the two candidates, cameras, and their vision of how to move this country forward. Who wants this? #debates #Election2020”

Trump responded on twitter "I do!".  No response from the Biden campaign.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2020, 05:43:26 PM »
The only yard signs I have seen have read "Jesus 2020." 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2020, 09:21:54 PM »
The only yard signs I have seen have read "Jesus 2020." 
Does that mean they are for Christ or is it some form of expletive?

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2020, 11:43:46 AM »
Ignoring some of the typical opinion slant in this piece, it does make some excellent points.
both sides need reminding of the lesson of 1884 — and a core tenet of the American electoral system: Not every defect in the voting process renders an election invalid. Now, perhaps more than ever — with all the uncertainty that the pandemic brings to the election this fall — we must draw a bright line between a flawed election and one that has truly failed. A flawed election is not ideal, but its results still should be accepted, unlike in a failed election, which does not represent the choice of the voters.

There are two key points to understand here in the context of the current election. First, disinformation, even by ill-willed foreign adversaries, does not, in itself, invalidate an election. Second, disenfranchisement, as abhorrent as it is, invalidates an election only when it exists on a scale large enough to affect the election’s outcome. What matters isn’t whether the process was perfect, but whether the democratic will of the people was served.

All elections have flaws. And in today’s environment of mistrust, it’s easy for politicians to exploit those flaws to cast doubt on the whole result. When problems inevitably arise this fall — and when the two sides inevitably raise objections — then the loser, the loser’s party and the American people need to be prepared to know whether there truly is cause for some kind of recount or “redo,” or whether to accept the electoral verdict and move on.

I guess the big question is how flawed can an election be and still be "valid". I also think way too much focus is on the presidential candidates/campaigns when all the action happens with your local municipal clerks and state elections officials. That's where the trust needs to be.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2020, 11:54:28 AM »
Ignoring some of the typical opinion slant in this piece, it does make some excellent points.
I guess the big question is how flawed can an election be and still be "valid". I also think way too much focus is on the presidential candidates/campaigns when all the action happens with your local municipal clerks and state elections officials. That's where the trust needs to be.

A subset of that is how long do you give to decide if an election is flawed or not? A week? A month? A year? That will be especially relevant this year with "waiting for all the mail-in ballots".

I really wish they would make some kind of national deadline (for national elections) that mail-in/absentee ballots must all be postmarked by "X" time that is at least a week prior to Election Day. Also, no "bags of ballots in the trunk". Your ballot gets mailed to your county. So mail it yourself, don't hand it off to random groups that want to "get out the vote". Put it in the damn mailbox, and no more forgotten bags of ballots that only show up later, after the "wrong" guy loses on Election Day.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2020, 12:21:41 PM »
A subset of that is how long do you give to decide if an election is flawed or not? A week? A month? A year? That will be especially relevant this year with "waiting for all the mail-in ballots".
There are deadlines for when the states need to certify their results and their electors meet.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/3/5
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/3/7

There are some battleground states with laws saying clerks can't do anything to begin processing mail/absentee ballots until election day. That makes sense for having poll watchers to keep an eye on things but it also means it could legitimately take a long time. That has traditionally been my small volunteer contribution on election day - opening ballot envelopes at the clerks office and I expect the only difference this year is that it will take much longer than a half day.  =|
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2020, 12:35:40 AM »
Gay men jumping on the Trump train.

45% of gay men who are both registered and will vote is probably a very small amount of votes but it's funny that another group the Dems thought they owned is deserting them.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2020, 01:50:11 AM »
True. Sending someone is easy. Getting them back, not so much.

And the Mas thing would have to have been set in motion before now. That's a long trip requiring a long prep time and I have not noticed such in the works.

Uhh no.  Both are actually quite hard.  And from a delta-V standpoint getting home is only a quarter as difficult.  =D

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2020, 06:14:51 PM »
The "Trump Road Rally 2.0" is scheduled to kick off this Sunday at 3:00 PM at LP Frans Stadium just over the hill about a half mile away from my house.  The road rally will follow a 61 mile course through four different counties, finishing up in Wilkes County at the U.S. Highway 412/Interstate 77 interchange.
This is the first local rally I've heard of, though I don't look at local news all that much.  The first road rally August supposedly attracted 600 vehicles.

edited, left out a word.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 11:25:47 PM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2020, 07:39:52 PM »
Gay men jumping on the Trump train.

45% of gay men who are both registered and will vote is probably a very small amount of votes but it's funny that another group the Dems thought they owned is deserting them.

Is anyone else reminded of the complaints that Buttij-g? Mayor Pete and his "husband" were so vanilla they didn't really even qualify as "gay"? Sounds like these guys are getting their gay cards revoked, too.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2020, 12:29:11 AM »
Biden voter attacks elderly Trump rally-goers.

With supporters like this how can Biden possibly lose?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2020, 08:25:05 AM »
So even far left outlets like Politico let CNN have it for their democrat filled, softball Town Hall with Biden, which followed an "attack hall" by ABC with Trump. A few points from the CNN campaign rally:

Biden claims that Trump is responsible for every single covid death in the US. Which would infer that if Biden were President, there would not have been a single covid death. I guess the sheep might buy that.

Both Biden and Anderson Cooper made a big deal about social distancing (in fact it was a "drive-in" Town Hall). However, they were caught, when they thought they were on a commercial break, with Biden whispering in Cooper's ear. Some social distancing.

One of the questioner's told Biden that when she looked past her Biden yard sign, all she could see was a sea of Trump signs.  :laugh:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-town-hall-panned-for-softball-questions-for-biden
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2020, 08:44:59 AM »
He wasn't whisphering he was sniffing his hair.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2020, 04:49:04 PM »
Biden's unpopularity with hispanics is Trump's fault.  :rofl:

Washington Post. Journalism dies in darkness.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/09/18/wapo-op-ed-lets-joe-biden-know-who-to-blame-for-his-weakness-among-hispanics-just-guess/

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2020, 05:28:27 PM »
https://amgreatness.com/2020/09/17/trump-hate-is-not-enough/

I have railed in this and in other outlets many times in recent months against what I have described as a pantomime horse of the Democratic campaign conducted by a “decayed servitor, a waxworks dummy . . . following the science” by hiding in the catacombs of his Delaware home and giving minimum access to docile journalists and practically no authentic members of the public. It must be said that the Democratic Party elders who resuscitated the political corpses of the Joe Biden and Kamala Harris presidential nomination candidacies have performed a political miracle by keeping this ramshackle imposture in serious contention....

Perhaps the novel concept of “super-storms,” (which Biden’s election would banish like a halcyon before they arose) would replace the growing public concern about the urban guerrillas with whom the Democratic Party played footsie all summer. One of my very learned readers, a scientist in Mobile, Alabama who would be happy to adhere to the Biden counsel to “follow the science,” wrote to me on Monday night that he had to stock .38 caliber ammunition from a pawnshop because the normal emporia were sold out. He added that “the fact that the general public is opposed to being murdered by the friskier elements of the Democratic base seems to have eluded the nominee’s political consultants.”
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2020, 05:13:37 PM »
If this ruling stands then Wisconsin won't have a result until a week after election day.
Conley ruled that absentee ballots would be counted if they are postmarked by Nov. 3 — election day — and received by clerks by Nov. 9.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2020, 10:24:42 AM »
It will be close but I think Trump wins with the same map as 2016 minus 1 or 2 states.
House stays D by a safe margin
Senate will still be R but razor thin. maybe split 50/50
Things in general will continue to decline at approximately their current (2020) rate.

4 weeks to go, I'm changing my prediction. Trump is losing 3 or 4 states he had in 2016, which will be enough for Biden to win.
Other predictions remain the same. I may change again in two weeks, we'll see.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2020, 11:01:03 AM »
I'm still really flustered that Biden seems to be doing as well in the polls ---  people really want this statist tax-@-spend  loony lefty dementia-sotted word-salad spouting autocrat in the Oval office??   Really?    :facepalm:

OH MY GOD!!!!!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2020, 11:10:06 AM »
It is still looking like Trumpslide 2020 discounting any voting shenanigans.

Any uncertainty comes from the obvious voter fraud being attempted.

The never Trumpers are losers, nobody is listening to them.

They've shown themselves to be controlled opposition, crytpo leftists.

Trump has already replaced their lost votes with people that like America (of the traditional view).
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2020, 11:59:40 AM »
I think Trump's already marginal chance of being re-elected was further diminished by his catching the beer virus.  I do not believe it gained him many sympathy votes.  It likely turned a bunch of single-issue (COVID) voters that previously agreed with his leadership on the pandemic against him.  There are many voters out there that are unreasonably afraid over the issue.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2020, 12:23:07 PM »
I keep hearing he is closing the gap the polls say is there.  I am inclined to think Trump will win and will get more support from minorities.  I heard one poll mentioned yesterday that showed Biden with a 14 point lead.  It was pointed out that the same poll showed the same lead for Hillary 4 years ago.