Poll

What will win the presidency in 2020?

Donald Trump
Joe Biden
Someone... else?

Author Topic: Who will win in 2020?  (Read 32953 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Re: Who will win in 2020?
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2020, 04:48:16 PM »
That's an insult to Hell.

The denizens of the infernal reaches are not going to be happy with the comparison.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2020, 05:26:12 PM »
People are disinfecting their ballots and ruining them. And the ballot cannot be counted.

https://www.kcra.com/article/election-officials-ask-voters-stop-disinfecting-mail-in-ballots/34336823

The thing is that election officials are sending new ballots out. I say no. You had your chance to vote and you messed it up. No do-overs.

Since most mail-in voters are Dems and Dems are overwhelmingly panicked by Covid we should encourage people to disinfect their ballots.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2020, 06:18:35 PM »
Another reason Trump won't win the election:  It's 2020.  Nothing happens according to plan in 2020.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2020, 06:38:34 PM »
Caucasians are pretty solidified

Are you calling us white people Caucasians because that way you get to capitalize it?  :laugh:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2020, 12:34:17 AM »

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2020, 09:50:11 AM »
Trump CAN win, whether or not he WILL win, remains up for debate.

Trump's grip on how he is perceived seems tenuous at best. There have been many "self owns" as the kids see.

We'll see. I'm trying not to be emotionally invested. It's just not worth it. Not this year.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2020, 10:21:01 AM »
Another reason Trump won't win the election:  It's 2020.  Nothing happens according to plan in 2020.

I thought the plan was for Trump to lose though?   ???

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2020, 01:27:16 PM »
One of my really liberal friends just posted a Trump/Pence 2020 image on their facebook page. Other Democrats started to challenge it. She replied...

I did a lot of research and realized that the other side is better for self actualization and taking care of yourself instead of government handouts. The list is long and and the research spoke that it would be more beneficial for people of poverty, color, and women.   
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2020, 01:39:25 PM »
One of my really liberal friends just posted a Trump/Pence 2020 image on their facebook page. Other Democrats started to challenge it. She replied...

She's about to get cancelled by her "friends".
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2020, 01:42:04 PM »
Guilty of Wrong Think.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2020, 02:51:07 PM »
https://www.newsweek.com/more-voters-better-off-donald-trump-first-term-obama-bush-1537759
The latest survey from Gallup found that a clear majority of registered voters (56 percent) believed they were better off now compared to four years ago.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/09/politics/gallup-poll-better-off-donald-trump/index.html
But here's the thing that both Trump and his campaign seem to miss: It is an incredibly damning indictment of Trump personally that, in a country where a majority of the people believe they are better off than they were four years ago, the incumbent President is currently losing badly in his bid for a second term.
That is a good question.  Inconsistent with past elections.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2020, 03:10:15 PM »
She's about to get cancelled by her "friends".

probably a couple, most of them I know, they may be liberal but they also respect differing opinions.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2020, 05:00:40 PM »
https://www.newsweek.com/more-voters-better-off-donald-trump-first-term-obama-bush-1537759

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/09/politics/gallup-poll-better-off-donald-trump/index.html

CNN quote:
But here's the thing that both Trump and his campaign seem to miss: It is an incredibly damning indictment of Trump personally that, in a country where a majority of the people believe they are better off than they were four years ago, the incumbent President is currently losing badly in his bid for a second term.

This guy points out that the poll methodology is flawed. The Rasmussen poll that has Biden up 12% nationally, for some reason, has Trump only winning 76% of Republican voters. When his approval rating amongst Rs is 87%.  (And remember he got 94% of R votes in the primary.)

https://www.theblaze.com/steve-deace/polls?rebelltitem=1#rebelltitem1

As this fellow says, if you look at everything other than the polls you would assume the President is going to win easily. All the metrics are on his side. The only things that say he is going to lose is the polls themselves.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2020, 05:04:46 PM »
The only things that say he is going to lose is the polls themselves.

Which the dems will use as one of their "facts" that proves election fraud if he wins
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2020, 05:16:21 PM »

This guy points out that the poll methodology is flawed. The Rasmussen poll that has Biden up 12% nationally, for some reason, has Trump only winning 76% of Republican voters. When his approval rating amongst Rs is 87%.  (And remember he got 94% of R votes in the primary.)

https://www.theblaze.com/steve-deace/polls?rebelltitem=1#rebelltitem1

As this fellow says, if you look at everything other than the polls you would assume the President is going to win easily. All the metrics are on his side. The only things that say he is going to lose is the polls themselves.

I've read many articles where pollsters are expressing frustration that people are either refusing to answer questions or not being honest in their answers. 

At this point I don't feel that political polls can be relied upon with any margin of accuracy. 
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2020, 06:27:52 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2020, 01:23:44 PM »
Fivethirtyeight just did a poll of pollsters. It has some interesting bits about what adjustments they've made and some pretty confident pollsters.
plenty of pollsters, including Jensen and Gary Langer of Langer Research, the primary pollster for ABC News/Washington Post, also said that this year’s polling wasn’t really keeping them up at night. “I feel pretty good about the polling in 2020 largely because the polling was so accurate in 2018, and I believe we are still fundamentally in the same political climate that we were then,” Jensen said. “The low level of undecideds in the presidential race also greatly reduces the chances of a dramatic late shift in the numbers.”

Suffolk’s Paleologos pointed to the fact that national polls were actually quite accurate in 2016 and that the states with the biggest polling errors were not polled by high-quality pollsters in the final week of the campaign; if they had been, perhaps we’d have seen Trump’s win coming. By contrast, “there is more polling in battleground states this year, and that is especially true for some of the Upper Midwest states that proved decisive in 2016,” said Pew’s Kennedy. “There has also been an uptick in the volume of state polling done by major, reputable polling organizations that use more rigorous methods.”

I still think the numbers on election day will be much closer than polls currently show.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2020, 05:11:55 PM »
Lubbock had record Day 1 early voting in the 2016 pres election (8248 votes). This year's Day 1 numbers bested that by more than 25% (10,473 votes).

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2020, 09:05:57 PM »

Good for her!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2020, 05:25:00 PM »
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/10/15/they-cant-handle-the-truth-ice-cube-says-cnn-canceled-scheduled-interview-after-news-that-hes-been-working-with-trump/
Ice Cube says CNN canceled scheduled interview after news that he’s been working with Trump

Ice Cube
@icecube
Facts: I put out the CWBA. Both parties contacted me. Dems said we’ll address the CWBA after the election. Trump campaign made some adjustments to their plan after talking to us about the CWBA.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2020, 08:38:07 PM »
The way I've heard it is that folks voting for Pres Trump should do so early.  I believe that once a candidate has 51% of a state's registered voters he is declared the winner of that state ...
Let the counting go on forever ... 51% of the registered voters = winner ... no idea if this is accurate though it does make sense.
 :old:
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2020, 09:05:30 PM »
Vote early, vote often.

Due to the anticipated heavy voter turnout voting has been extended to two days. Republicans vote on Tuesday, democrats vote on Wednesday.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2020, 09:48:02 PM »
I've read many articles where pollsters are expressing frustration that people are either refusing to answer questions or not being honest in their answers. 

At this point I don't feel that political polls can be relied upon with any margin of accuracy. 

I've had three different political poll calls in the last ten days. I told them all that I never discuss politics, and then I hung up.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2020, 09:46:18 PM »
In my town there was a pro-Trump rally and truck parade today.

100's of vehicles were involved and it went on for hours.

There had been a paucity of Trump signs and such lately.

Biden signs are everywhere now.

However as of today I've noticed a lot more Trump signs popping up all over town.

Don't know what they were waiting for but it's good to see.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2020, 08:11:55 AM »
  :old:  Behold, the Trumpslide 2020 cometh  [popcorn]

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.