Author Topic: Trump nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize...  (Read 1525 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Trump nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize...
« on: September 12, 2020, 07:15:52 AM »
And the Atlantic is now losing its *expletive deleted*it, saying that it needs to be abandoned because it's lost its way.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/09/end-nobel-peace-prize/616300/

Wow... This is the straw that broke the camel's back for this moron, NOT Obama's "participation prize" version for doing absolute dick for nothing and yet being lauded as a great conciliator and peace bringing, although he does deign to mention Obama in the next to last paragraph.

Had Trump's early talks with the Norks panned out and an actual peace treaty signed, I'm betting that he'd still be losing his *expletive deleted*it because somehow an official ending to a 75 year old static state of war isn't peaceful enough.

Maybe BLM or Antifa should be nominated for the peace prize for their "mostly peaceful" demonstrations?

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
Re: Trump nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize...
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 08:16:17 AM »
Meh, the guy's not wrong.

The Peace Prize has been a joke (or if you prefer a SJW popularity contest) for decades.  Most of the things that have been a cause for an award failed to make a lasting peace.

We've mocked it on here for years, and not just because of Obama's prize.

If a supposedly prestigious prize has been made a mockery,  and you have the option to not award it until someone really deserves it, why not take that route?

The fact that Mr.Trumps obviously trolling nomination is what pushed the author to this conclusion just means he's late, not wrong.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 08:19:37 AM »
Meh, the guy's not wrong.

The Peace Prize has been a joke (or if you prefer a SJW popularity contest) for decades.  Most of the things that have been a cause for an award failed to make a lasting peace.

We've mocked it on here for years, and not just because of Obama's prize.

If a supposedly prestigious prize has been made a mockery,  and you have the option to not award it until someone really deserves it, why not take that route?

The fact that Mr.Trumps obviously trolling nomination is what pushed the author to this conclusion just means he's late, not wrong.
Obama getting the award for nothing was such a huge troll and smack upside the head to the American right that I can't help but enjoy the turnabout.

Trump actually winning seems very unlikely but unlikely things seem to be happening.

Are you not amused?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 08:49:55 AM »

Maybe BLM or Antifa should be nominated for the peace prize for their "mostly peaceful" demonstrations?

You seem to be saying this sarcastically, rather than something that has a high probability of happening (nomination, not winning). If not the Nobel, I'm sure they'll make Time's "person of the year".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 12:50:55 PM »

Yassir Arafat got the peace prize, so this may not be as far fetched as you may think.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

grampster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 03:03:53 PM »
Maybe the Chief Boss of CCP should get it because he saved the world from the Wuhan virus. :P :P
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

JN01

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2020, 03:53:38 PM »
Al Gore got one for his phony climate science.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 05:56:48 PM »
Al Gore got one for his phony climate science.

Barack Obama got one for being Barack Obama.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2020, 06:17:43 PM »
Barack Obama got one for being Barack Obama.

Lets call that what it is. He got it for being black, even though he is half white. I would have been insulated myself, but whatever.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2020, 06:50:56 PM »
I would have been insulated myself, but whatever.

Well, you are the asbestos of us.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2020, 07:04:35 PM »
Well, you are the asbestos of us.

Damn you, auto-correct.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2020, 07:25:02 PM »
Trump wins the Electoral College. Eliminate the Electoral College!
Trump is nominated for the Nobel Peace Price. Eliminate the Nobel Peace Prize!

I'm noticing a pattern here.

Atlantic writer wants to end the Nobel Peace Prize now that President Trump has been nominated
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/09/12/atlantic-writer-wants-to-end-the-nobel-peace-prize-now-that-president-trump-has-been-nominated/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2020, 10:10:48 PM »
Trump wins the Electoral College. Eliminate the Electoral College!
Trump is nominated for the Nobel Peace Price. Eliminate the Nobel Peace Prize!

I'm noticing a pattern here.

Atlantic writer wants to end the Nobel Peace Prize now that President Trump has been nominated
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/09/12/atlantic-writer-wants-to-end-the-nobel-peace-prize-now-that-president-trump-has-been-nominated/

You forgot "Trump says a vaccine is coming. Avoid or ban that dangerous vaccine!"
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2020, 11:20:10 PM »
I hope Trump is awarded it and then he refuses it citing that he doesn't want to be associated with the likes of Yasser Arafat, Nelson Mandela, Al Gore, Jimmy Carter, or Barrack Obama.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2020, 05:18:45 PM »
A prediction about Trump admin Mid-East peace prospects, from two years ago:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/09/trump-israel-palestinians/570646/

Boiled down to its essence, the administration’s message to the Palestinians seems to be: You’ve lost, get over it. Underlying its attempt to radically redefine the terms of the conflict is the conviction that all past attempts have failed and that its new approach therefore must stand a chance. The Trump team is indisputably right about the first part. It is dead wrong about the second.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2020, 05:55:33 PM »
If Trump wins the election and the Nobel Peace Prize

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2020, 06:30:55 PM »
The Bee thinks they're running a satirical story...

https://babylonbee.com/news/cnn-criticizes-israel-arab-leaders-for-shaking-hands-in-the-middle-of-a-pandemic

And then....

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-shames-trumps-large-crowd-little-social-distancing-at-wh-event-marking-middle-east-peace-deal

So that's CNN's big takeaway on this historic peace agreement.

They can't give Trump anything. They have to crap on everything he does no matter how important it is.

They are vile, evil, twisted people.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2020, 06:58:35 PM »
They are vile, evil, twisted people.

Well, they're democrats so....
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams