Author Topic: attempted execution of L.A.S.D ( male/female) caught on tape 9/12/20  (Read 2396 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
https://mobile.twitter.com/LASDHQ/status/1304993095725932545?s=20&fbclid=IwAR0E6u9_NiEXMIMoxgThWeLvgGtD3l0wCRsTrejzFm8kEEpuj2r7wncFUPo

Two LA County Sheriff’s Deputies, one male and one female, were just ambushed and shot in the head while sitting in their patrol car in Compton.
Both are in surgery as I type this. The ambush was caught on surveillance camera.

my friend posted on facebook, i guess he knows them.
hopefully they survive the surgery
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: attempted execution of L.A.S.D ( male/female) caught on tape 9/12/20
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 07:06:19 AM »
An eyewitness says protesters showed up at the hospital and tried to force their way into the emergency room where these two deputies were undergoing surgery.  Reported on ABC7 news.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1305035743149006848
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 09:00:14 AM »
An eyewitness says protesters showed up at the hospital and tried to force their way into the emergency room where these two deputies were undergoing surgery.  Reported on ABC7 news.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1305035743149006848

Further, they were blocking the emergency room entrance. That's a "shoot on sight" offense, IMO.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 09:02:11 AM »
I'm sure the media and public officials will soon assure us that this has nothing to do with recent protests and hey look! was that a boogaloo boi over there!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 09:12:56 AM »
I'm sure the media and public officials will soon assure us that this has nothing to do with recent protests and hey look! was that a boogaloo boi over there!

Good luck blaming the bois when there are videos like this:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/09/13/peaceful-blm-protesters-try-breaching-hospital-where-2-la-county-deputies-fight-for-their-lives-after-being-shot-in-ambush-video-thread/

Don't tell me these people are anything but thugs.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 01:10:12 PM »
I'm not going to post what I originally wrote.  These people need to be harshly dealt with.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 02:09:54 PM »

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/09/13/peaceful-blm-protesters-try-breaching-hospital-where-2-la-county-deputies-fight-for-their-lives-after-being-shot-in-ambush-video-thread/

Calling those cretins "thugs" is being unfair to thugs the world over. These creeps are lower than thugs. As our DIs used to tell us during Army Basic Training, "Lower than whale [____] at the bottom of the ocean."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2020, 07:05:22 PM »

If by "thugs" you mean domestic terrorists then I can agree with you.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2020, 07:39:43 PM »
"Protesters."

Protesters, right?

Expressing their grievances.

Friggin' terrible, that. 

Friggin' sneaks.

Best wishes for the recovery of the Officers.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2020, 09:12:05 PM »
You know, for people who claim to believe the police are just looking for any excuse to kill a black man, they sure seem to be providing a lot of excuses.... And for some reason aren't dead.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2020, 09:59:28 PM »
James Woods
@RealJamesWoods
·
6h
Here’s the reaction of an eyewitness to the ambush of two Deputies shot in the head in #Compton. The victims are in the background. No one is going to help them. Vote like your life depends on it. #BlueLivesMatter
https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1305226390854279168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2020, 08:37:49 AM »
Trump has called for the shooter's head. This is what Biden had to say about it:

Weapons of war have no place in our communities.

We need to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2020, 09:18:50 AM »
Trump has called for the shooter's head. This is what Biden had to say about it:

Weapons of war have no place in our communities.

We need to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

Let's see, I can't tell how many times the attempted murderer shot, but given how quickly he ran after pointing the gun, I'm guessing it was less than 10 times.

Yeah, Biden's response seems about right.

1) Used a pistol, so the "assault weapons" has no relationship to this shooting
2) Used less than 10 rounds, so the "high-capacity magazines" has no relationship to this shooting.

Basically, it's "something bad happened; we must use it to further our desired policies!" whether they relate to the attack or not.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2020, 10:53:24 AM »
Someone pulled the pullstring coming out of his back and the record just happened to be on assault weapons need to be banned at that point. The dems are just lucky it wasn't "There's a snake in my boot"
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2020, 05:19:51 PM »

Let's see, I can't tell how many times the attempted murderer shot, but given how quickly he ran after pointing the gun, I'm guessing it was less than 10 times.

Yeah, Biden's response seems about right.

1) Used a pistol, so the "assault weapons" has no relationship to this shooting
2) Used less than 10 rounds, so the "high-capacity magazines" has no relationship to this shooting.

Basically, it's "something bad happened; we must use it to further our desired policies!" whether they relate to the attack or not.

This is, apparently, the sort of common sense gun control Democratic voters want to hear from moderate Democrats like Joe "They're going to put y'all back in chains" Biden, and his Gun Czar, Francis "Hell yes" O'Rourke.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2020, 11:53:22 PM »
Re Biden's remarks as reported by Ben, Reply #11:

If a volcano erupts, blame  assault weapons or Trump or the current bête noire.  Or bête blanc, whichever.

The logic or illogic of it doesn't matter.  It's the number of psychological impacts you can make that does.

Some famous high government official pointed this out in the twentieth century, but that's ancient history with no relevance to today.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 07:29:42 AM by 230RN »

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

gunsmith

• friend
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2021, 11:12:32 AM »
Wasn't sure if this should have gone in the Polymer80 thread or here.

Two Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies badly wounded in an ambush shooting last year sued a Nevada company Monday for making the parts for a “ghost gun” used in the attack.

The lawsuit alleges Polymer80 Inc. negligently and unlawfully sold an “untraceable home-assembled gun kit” that resulted in the September attack.
The lawsuit was filed on behalf of deputies Claudia Apolinar and Emmanuel Perez-Perez, who were shot and wounded Sept. 12 as they sat in their patrol car at a Metro rail station in the Los Angeles suburb of Compton.

The attacker fired through the car’s passenger window. Apolinar and Perez-Perez were shot in the head and arms. Neither has been able to return to work, according to the lawsuit.
Investigators said a gun Murray threw from a car window while he was being pursued matched the one used to shoot the deputies.

That weapon was built from a Polymer80 kit, model PF940c, according to the lawsuit.

Everytown and Two Wounded LA County Deputies Sue Polymer80 Over ‘Ghost Gun’ Sale
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/everytown-and-two-wounded-la-county-deputies-sue-polymer80-over-ghost-gun-sale/
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2021, 11:21:30 PM »
weird how the two post collide ...

Anyway, I'm glad they are well enough to sue, hope they lose anyway.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2021, 09:27:36 AM »
You know, for people who claim to believe the police are just looking for any excuse to kill a black man, they sure seem to be providing a lot of excuses.... And for some reason aren't dead.
That was always an obvious lie.  At every protest, you can see people getting in the face of cops.  None of them seem to be afraid the police will actually kill them. 

If the police were out to kill them off camera, there would either be a large number of bodies found in fields in the news or a concrete shortage. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2021, 09:30:37 AM »
That was always an obvious lie.  At every protest, you can see people getting in the face of cops.  None of them seem to be afraid the police will actually kill them. 

If the police were out to kill them off camera, there would either be a large number of bodies found in fields in the news or a concrete shortage.

Which brings to mind this meme

- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2021, 10:11:36 AM »
Yes... thugs and rioters don't appear to be afraid of cops... at all.

They know the democratic party has their back.   ;/

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2021, 11:35:46 AM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams