Author Topic: Zimbabwe offers evicted white farmers land  (Read 1494 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Zimbabwe offers evicted white farmers land
« on: September 13, 2020, 09:54:06 PM »
https://twitter.com/SpiritOfNehanda/status/1303992164322553856
I came across this on twitter and found the link below. 

Zimbabwe signs $3.5 billion deal to compensate white farmers
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/29/africa/zimbabwe-compensation-white-farmers/index.html

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/zimbabwe-offers-evicted-white-farmers-land/

Looks like Zimbabwe is trying to allow the white commercial farmers back in.  Not sure what the circumstances are.  I hope it works out for everyone involved.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Andiron

• friend
Re: Zimbabwe offers evicted white farmers land
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 09:59:22 PM »
And where the *expletive deleted*ck are they going to find 3.5 billion?

Yes,  that's a rhetorical question.

Let Africa sink.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 10:03:37 PM »

Let Africa sink.

Hello Obama........
Oh wait
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 10:09:05 PM »
An African nation is paying reparations to whites. Interesting.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 10:18:47 PM »

Let Africa sink.
There was mention of that in one of the articles.  Either way, it takes more than just the land to restart a commercial farming operation so I don't know how this will work out.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 10:28:09 PM »
There was mention of that in one of the articles.  Either way, it takes more than just the land to restart a commercial farming operation so I don't know how this will work out.

http://www.kimdutoit.com/2017/05/05/let-africa-sink/

I'll let the African American speak for Africa.

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 10:42:37 PM »
http://www.kimdutoit.com/2017/05/05/let-africa-sink/

I'll let the African American speak for Africa.
I heard something similar before.  The sentiment was to build a wall around Africa and for the West to leave them alone and isolated.  Let them succeed or fail on their own because outside help isn't helping.  If Africa is to become something, it will have to be done by people in Africa.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2020, 10:45:08 PM »
I heard something similar before.  The sentiment was to build a wall around Africa and for the West to leave them alone and isolated.  Let them succeed or fail on their own because outside help isn't helping.  If Africa is to become something, it will have to be done by people in Africa.

Sounds like Detroit
And a few other cities
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2020, 10:54:38 PM »

In Zimbabwe currency? Isn't that like a buck and a half?
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2020, 12:14:57 AM »
Depends on what time of day it is and whether or not they cut some zeroes off their currency overnight.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2020, 08:11:56 AM »
Some Africans have a right to first world standards provided by some Europeans.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2020, 08:57:29 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/29/africa/zimbabwe-compensation-white-farmers/index.html

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/zimbabwe-offers-evicted-white-farmers-land/

Looks like Zimbabwe is trying to allow the white commercial farmers back in.  Not sure what the circumstances are.  I hope it works out for everyone involved.

Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2020, 09:01:09 AM »
Sounds like Detroit
And a few other cities

Our esteemed educators have been teaching the last few generations of our children that these third world societies are superior to Western civilization.
Something to think about while you drink your morning cup of coffee.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2020, 09:21:30 AM »
I see no one has yet offered the obvious here...

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2020, 09:27:11 AM »

From the second link:

Zimbabwe is buffeted by its worst economic crisis in over a decade, including scarcity of basics such as cornmeal.

Rhodesia was the bread basket of Africa. Zimbabwe can't grow enough corn to feed their own people.

Good thing that the world got rid of that TERRIBLE country, Rhodesia. Imagine the suffering the people of that country would be enduring if it still existed. They might even have food to eat! The horror!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2020, 09:59:50 AM »
When they got rid of all the Rhodesian's, the Rhodesians must have carted off all that magic dirt that made them prosperous.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2020, 10:54:35 AM »
It was doing fine as Zimbabwe also, but when Mugabe took power 20 years ago or so he confiscated all the big farms and turned them over to friends.  They did NOT know how to run a farm and they didn't have the business contacts or credit to buy seed and equipment.  Went from a food exporter to a food importer in a very short time.  

(edited typo.  Need to find that telepathic keyboard that knows when I meant to add "NOT")
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 01:40:52 PM by MechAg94 »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2020, 10:58:55 AM »
Depends on what time of day it is and whether or not they cut some zeroes off their currency overnight.

Anyone else keep seeing a pile of ______ on that bank note?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2020, 12:08:28 PM »

40 acres and a mule?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2020, 05:52:45 PM »

True,  but HankB gets full credit for the visual  :cool:

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2020, 07:11:41 AM »
I see no one has yet offered the obvious here...

Dust off and nuke it from orbit?  It is the only way to be sure.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?