Author Topic: Mercedes following VW?  (Read 635 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Mercedes following VW?
« on: September 15, 2020, 01:18:18 AM »
https://apnews.com/563a0e48922787c1881da2430a8b514f

I had no idea that Dimestore Benz was fudging the emissions control systems on their diesels.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
Re: Mercedes following VW?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 04:18:40 AM »
Without any evidence,  I would just assume that every car company except Tesla is fudging their emissions data, and they are all fudging their MPG/range figures.

There's too much incentive there to "adjust " something.

From the article I note that MB denies using defeat devices, didn't recieve an actual notice of violation,  and settled out of court.  I suspect they didn't do this, but did something they'd prefer not to have revealed in open court.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 09:16:53 AM »
I wonder how many people who owned the cars thought reprogramming the software to show "desired" results during testing and defaulting to improved performance (power/MPG) during actual driving was a reasonable solution to an unreasonable situation?  >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 10:20:46 AM »
If it doesn't actively endanger or harm the consumer, I'd say that a company "cheating" and giving the finger to .gov makes me more likely to support them, not less.  :cool:
I promise not to duck.