Author Topic: "He Was a Real Sweetheart"  (Read 1452 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"He Was a Real Sweetheart"
« on: September 15, 2020, 10:30:36 AM »
So says the sister of the guy that was killed while running at a cop while wielding a knife. Nevermind, I guess, that he happened to also be out on $1 million bail at the time for other assaults, which, at $1mil must have been pretty bad.

In politics because of course protests and rioting ensued after the self-defense shooting.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/sister-of-pennsylvania-man-killed-by-police-says-she-was-trying-to-get-him-help-he-was-off-meds-report
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: "He Was a Real Sweetheart"
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 11:07:50 AM »
So says the sister of the guy that was killed while running at a cop while wielding a knife. Nevermind, I guess, that he happened to also be out on $1 million bail at the time for other assaults, which, at $1mil must have been pretty bad.

In politics because of course protests and rioting ensued after the self-defense shooting.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/sister-of-pennsylvania-man-killed-by-police-says-she-was-trying-to-get-him-help-he-was-off-meds-report

If we are not going to institutionalize people who are clear dangers to others and themselves (as this man demonstrated himself to be, MULTIPLE TIMES) then the police are often going to end up shooting them when they act out.

There's no middle ground. Either we lock up the crazies or they get shot sometimes. If it's too cruel to force people to get help against their will, then the ONLY other option is some of them will be killed during their "episodes."
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 11:10:11 AM »
New front runner for the Nobel Peace Prize
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 11:30:01 AM »
I am sure he was nice inbetween episodes. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 11:36:11 AM »
I want to grab and shake the families of mentally ill folks in stories like this.

If YOU who know and (presumably) care for the ill individual can't handle them during whatever episode is happening, what makes you think some stranger can be more successful?  Cops are not social workers nor are they psych orderlies.  Stop calling them and being surprised when they show up and aren't those things.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 12:08:30 PM »
If you call the cops on a violent, crazy relative, there is a nonzero chance they will kill your "loved one".... especially when the person starts attacking the cops.

I'm surprised more people haven't figured this out yet.   ???

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 07:15:07 AM »
A number of "protestors" have been arrested for their actions in Lancaster...

And the judge went full power of the state on them. $1 million bail...

https://nypost.com/2020/09/15/lancaster-protesters-held-on-1-million-bail-after-alleged-riots/?utm_source=maropost&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news_alert&utm_content=20200915&mpweb=755-9087899-720400282
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 10:11:52 AM »
A number of "protestors" have been arrested for their actions in Lancaster...

And the judge went full power of the state on them. $1 million bail...

https://nypost.com/2020/09/15/lancaster-protesters-held-on-1-million-bail-after-alleged-riots/?utm_source=maropost&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news_alert&utm_content=20200915&mpweb=755-9087899-720400282
GOOD!!!  It's about time! ! !
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 10:24:50 AM »
And now Pennsylvania's Lt. Gov. is losing his *expletive deleted*it, as is the local branch of the ACLU.

https://lancasteronline.com/news/local/judge-sets-bail-to-1-million-for-lancaster-protesters-lt-gov-fetterman-calls-it-unconstitutional/article_559d0ee6-f761-11ea-bc14-033258e21d5e.html

Won't be long until Pennsylvania's Communist in Chief, Tom Wolf, starts blathering on about peaceful protests/protestors...

I'm sure the little slug of an attorney general is on his way to Lancaster to admonish the magistrate.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 10:54:46 AM »
 :facepalm: 

Why do I get the feeling we are losing control of the country? ? ? ? ?

It IS full blown CLOWN WORLD!!!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 11:22:43 AM »
And now Pennsylvania's Lt. Gov. is losing his *expletive deleted*it, as is the local branch of the ACLU.

https://lancasteronline.com/news/local/judge-sets-bail-to-1-million-for-lancaster-protesters-lt-gov-fetterman-calls-it-unconstitutional/article_559d0ee6-f761-11ea-bc14-033258e21d5e.html

Won't be long until Pennsylvania's Communist in Chief, Tom Wolf, starts blathering on about peaceful protests/protestors...

I'm sure the little slug of an attorney general is on his way to Lancaster to admonish the magistrate.

Seems a perfectly reasonable bail SINCE THEY HAVE BILLIONAIRES BAILING THEM OUT.

You want "reasonable" bails? Don't use billionaires to bail out the violent racists.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought