Author Topic: If Trump wins, there will be "massive" Democratic unrest...  (Read 1877 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
If Trump wins, there will be "massive" Democratic unrest...
« on: September 16, 2020, 07:19:31 AM »
Gee... isn't it funny how the narrative is that the right is fueling the violence...

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/09/14/atlantic-trump-wins-democrats-wont-accept-results-election/
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: If Trump wins, there will be "massive" Democratic unrest...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 08:53:51 AM »
Everyone from Hillary to the entire MSM is fomenting a rebellion. I can only imagine all the leaking, "anonymous sources", and other sabotaging that will go on within the career employee cadre of the federal government after Trump wins again. You think it's bad now, you ain't seen nothing yet.

As a tangent, a lot of conservatives make gun owners look bad. Reading the comments to that article gave me a headache. Lots of firearm experts there talking about, for example, how you need birdshot, not buckshot, if you want to put down rioters.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 09:59:01 AM »
So do you think the "violence" will be in any non-democrat cities? 

I think even most of the democrat run cities are getting pretty sick of this.  Most will be actively suppressing any violence.  I do have concerns about small numbers of fanatics trying to do damage to infrastructure stuff similar to the people that are not starting grass fires.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 11:14:13 AM »
Blaming democrat unrest on Trump is like blaming domestic abuse on the victim. 
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 11:21:21 AM »
IMO, articles like these are an implied threat.  There are times I might be worried about that, but after the last 6 months I can't imagine it working.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 11:25:45 AM »
IMO, articles like these are an implied threat.  There are times I might be worried about that, but after the last 6 months I can't imagine it working.

It's gotten to the level that it is no longer "implied". They are straight up telling us that they will riot if Trump is reelected.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 01:42:05 PM »
It's gotten to the level that it is no longer "implied". They are straight up telling us that they will riot if Trump is reelected.
I think you are right. 

At this point, I don't think it will affect any voters.  I am not sure if it ever would.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 02:15:01 PM »
It only takes a small group to provoke some nasty violence.  It seems like we have enough of the violent minority to do just that here.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 02:17:23 PM »
What happened to they're moving to Canada if Trump wins?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 02:21:49 PM »
Oh, it's affecting voters...

https://amgreatness.com/2020/09/15/rasmussen-poll-black-lives-matter-riots-turning-people-in-riot-zones-into-trump-voters/
I hope that shows up in election results.  Even solid blue/red states don't always have a huge % between the two sides.  If 10% of the voters decide to switch, it might be some of those local politicians learn to regret embracing the mob.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2020, 02:22:48 PM »
What happened to they're moving to Canada if Trump wins?

It's all talk.  And Canadia doesn't want them.  They're picky, got standards.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2020, 02:30:57 PM »
It's all talk.  And Canadia doesn't want them.  They're picky, got standards.

Their current PM says otherwise.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes