Author Topic: YES! Big 10 Football is coming back!  (Read 902 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
YES! Big 10 Football is coming back!
« on: September 16, 2020, 10:35:46 AM »
October 23...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/big-ten-return-2020-college-football-coronavirus

For all of you pious virtue signalers who intend to post that they don't watch sports/tv/sports on tv/anything at all on anything at all, etc...

Eat an athletic viewing venue full of Johnsons...  :-*
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: YES! Big 10 Football is coming back!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 11:20:22 AM »
Awesome! I have something else not to watch now!  :rofl:

But seriously, I'm fairly certain colleges/sports leagues have been cutting their own throats with all the delays/uncertainty/cancellations that are undoubtedly responsible for at least some of the animosity towards them beyond the decision to spit in the face of half the country.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 11:30:29 AM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 11:32:47 AM »

If you are not in the US and referring to soccer, then yes.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 11:33:54 AM »
Do they think the schools in Michigan will participate?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 11:37:07 AM »
Do they think the schools in Michigan will participate?

Still not a lot of specifics out yet as to who's doing what or when.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 04:55:00 PM »
October 23...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/big-ten-return-2020-college-football-coronavirus

For all of you pious virtue signalers who intend to post that they don't watch sports/tv/sports on tv/anything at all on anything at all, etc...

Sorry, I just don't get excited about big muscular sweaty men playing with balls.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 05:04:57 PM »
So ... zero?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 05:24:35 PM »
I'm sure we can find some way of filling it up just to satisfy your.... appetites...

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 05:58:54 PM »
It's all Trump's fault

Note the date: 9/16/20, the day the vaunted Big Ten became the SEC. It choked. It got scared. It sold its soul for football. My @usatodaysports column on the darkest day in Big Ten history: https://t.co/uaWfgpgSqO

— Christine Brennan (@cbrennansports) September 16, 2020
    Or, we could call it the Trumpeting of the Big Ten. It was just two weeks ago that Trump, desperate to win votes in Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania, told the conference to play football. Originally, the league stood its ground. Rutgers president Jonathan Holloway aptly called it “cheap politics.” But wouldn’t you know, the university presidents ended up following right along, giving Trump exactly what he wanted.

pic.twitter.com/Mye9NeNr9W

— Dennis Peterson (@Dennis_Peterson) September 16, 2020
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/09/16/usa-today-columnist-says-to-note-todays-date-the-darkest-day-in-big-ten-history/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 06:56:55 PM »
I'm sure we can find some way of filling it up just to satisfy your.... appetites...

I think you're "projecting".

=D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2020, 08:34:22 PM »
Hot damn, college ball is the one sport I really enjoy, and was looking forward to. 

The Big 10 was looking seriously bitchmade when they pulled the plug and the SEC/ACC/Big12 just carried on.

This year has actually made me appreciate Jim *expletive deleted*ing Harbaugh.  The guy coaches the enemy team, is a giant ahole in general,  but he put himself out there for college ball so I'll give him that.  OSU is still going to wreck his team whenever they get around to meeting  :cool:
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2020, 07:09:59 AM »
I think you're "projecting".

=D

It's called a hot dog cannon, Dave...