Author Topic: The good old democrat standby - accuse them of sexual assault  (Read 870 times)

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
The good old democrat standby - accuse them of sexual assault
« on: September 17, 2020, 11:26:33 AM »
I was wondering when something like this was going to pop up....

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/17/donald-trump-accused-of-sexual-assault-by-former-model-amy-dorris

Couple weeks early for the October surprise....

I'm curious why it took her 23 years to report this alleged sexual assault.  Allegedly she told her therapist and friends back then (or she's convinced some NEVERTRUMP friends to back her story - at this point my cynicism knows few if any bounds). I'm extremely curious why she didn't report this at any point in the last 4 years.  I'm downright cynical that it popped up 6 weeks before the election.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: The good old democrat standby - accuse them of sexual assault
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 12:11:35 PM »
I was wondering when something like this was going to pop up....

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/17/donald-trump-accused-of-sexual-assault-by-former-model-amy-dorris

Couple weeks early for the October surprise....

I'm curious why it took her 23 years to report this alleged sexual assault.  Allegedly she told her therapist and friends back then (or she's convinced some NEVERTRUMP friends to back her story - at this point my cynicism knows few if any bounds). I'm extremely curious why she didn't report this at any point in the last 4 years.  I'm downright cynical that it popped up 6 weeks before the election.

Trump just took the lead in polling. They've got to spring their surprises early and often.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 12:25:06 PM »
I would not be surprised to see minimal if any effect on his polling at this point.  I think anyone who was considering voting for Trump is going to likely see this in the same light - it may be unfair to this woman, but it's hard not to be really cynical about her motivation and veracity given the timing.

Absent an actual police report from the time in question, I'm going to have a hard time believing anyone that comes forward claiming "20 some odd years ago Trump did bad things to me!"
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 12:29:05 PM »
I would not be surprised to see minimal if any effect on his polling at this point.  I think anyone who was considering voting for Trump is going to likely see this in the same light - it may be unfair to this woman, but it's hard not to be really cynical about her motivation and veracity given the timing.

Absent an actual police report from the time in question, I'm going to have a hard time believing anyone that comes forward claiming "20 some odd years ago Trump did bad things to me!"

Especially when you consider the character assassination the media did with Tara Reade
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 01:53:38 PM »
So we are back to believing all women unconditionally, right?

Although, TBH, having read that article, I don't find it that hard to believe that a mid 90's Trump would act that way.  He was a rich Democrat then, that's what they do.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 02:00:33 PM »
Next they'll find Trump had a great great great great cousin that visited a town that had a slave auction once.

CNN: Shocking revelations of Trump family history
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 02:46:25 PM »
Next they'll find Trump had a great great great great cousin that visited a town that had a slave auction once.

CNN: Shocking revelations of Trump family history

That’s Kamala with the slaving ancestors.

Me Too is dead, go get the chalk. Biden’s accuser ignored. My own Lt Gov Justin Fairfax disappeared his credible accuser.

In a way I am happy for it. Like family docs prescribing Suzy Precious antibiotics for the common cold the progressives steadily burn through every weapon. More people are waking up to the fact that we live in a great place where racism, sexism, corruption etc hold far less sway then in the rest of the world. Keep crying wolf.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 07:54:41 PM »
The Story of Despacito

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEsHFdR9XcU&feature=youtu.be&t=1069

Then Trump retweeted a version of the video in which Biden plays "F the Police." Of course the Left loses their minds.  :lol:

But this Despacito is most brutalist Despacito

https://youtu.be/qBUUAce2Hc0

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife