Author Topic: Our dang luck...  (Read 927 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Our dang luck...
« on: September 17, 2020, 11:32:43 PM »
Terri got hit in the front bumper pretty hard getting some groceries today. Of course the dashcam was off!

I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Our dang luck...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 11:36:47 PM »
Does the store have video surveillance of the parking lot?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 02:01:13 AM »
Dunno. Too pissed to think right now and I have bladder chemo at 8am Friday so there goes that day.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 09:20:11 AM »
My wife's car got hit while parked right in front of the Illinois Sec of State DRIVERS LICENSE FACILITY. A vehicle with white paint hit her. It was a weekday and a not busy time and the time frame of the incident was known within 10 minutes, pretty precise.
They don't have camera's but they have a damn good record of who was there driving what. They refused to give us any info. They said they would provide info to law enforcement but local law enforcement doesn't "investigate" traffic accidents, they only fill out a report. 
 :facepalm:
I HATE inconsiderate drivers that damage someones property and don't own it.
When our daughter was 16 she came home one winter night from pop practice or something all upset. Seems she hit a parked car on an icy narrow street. I asked if she notified the owner and her excuse was she didnt know who it belonged to. I said it doesn't matter, You do the right thing. So we went back and the damage was minor scuff and a cracked rear tail light lens. We knocked on doors and found the owner. Offered to pay to fix it. She didn't much care but I said atleast let us replace the tail lens and told her if she decided to have the scuff fixed we would cover it.
Next day I took the daughter to the auto salvage place and we got a good used lens. I made her pay for it and took her back with a screw driver to replace it. A lesson she still remembers 25 years later.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 09:27:31 AM »
Hit and run is the worst. My very first new car was a 1986 Jeep Comanche. Less than two weeks after I bought it, somebody smashed in the rear quarter panel on it while I was parked in a parking lot. A very busy parking lot, which meant not only did the driver not care, but neither did potentially dozens of witnesses that could have left a note.

Sorry to see this happened to you Herohog. People suck.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 12:04:33 AM »
I'm over it now, and yesterday's chemo, mostly. Now I am almost at "great, another dent, oh well, WTF".
MOLON LABE!

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2020, 02:01:28 PM »
I'm over it now, and yesterday's chemo, mostly. Now I am almost at "great, another dent, oh well, WTF".

Now that you are all calmed down, try this.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2020, 03:21:31 PM »
Now that you are all calmed down, try this.

Woody

She looks fun.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2020, 04:16:41 PM »
LMAO
MOLON LABE!

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2020, 10:28:57 AM »
:rofl:

-----------

Can  you clear a drain with one?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 10:21:46 AM by 230RN »