Author Topic: Louisville Metro declares "State of Emergency"  (Read 7364 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: Louisville Metro declares "State of Emergency"
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2020, 01:49:45 PM »
I don't think three counts of wanton endangerment will be enough to satisfy the mob.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2020, 01:55:39 PM »
Yeah... My thoughts exactly... I think there are going to be some problems the next couple of evenings.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2020, 02:27:58 PM »
I believe the charges are insufficient.
Cue the riots.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2020, 02:32:34 PM »
Do you think the cops are the ones that should be punished for this?  Was the one charged the one that requested the warrant? 

It seems to me they are just the ones at the tail end.  The system is set up to do exactly what happened.  Punishing the officer won't change anything. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2020, 02:45:51 PM »
The system is set up to do exactly what happened. 

Sounds like we need to tear down the system then.
Cue the riots?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2020, 02:47:00 PM »
Yeah... My thoughts exactly... I think there are going to be some problems the next couple of evenings months.

FTFY
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2020, 02:47:26 PM »
Do you think the cops are the ones that should be punished for this?  Was the one charged the one that requested the warrant? 

It seems to me they are just the ones at the tail end.  The system is set up to do exactly what happened.  Punishing the officer won't change anything. 

While that's not a bad point, and there's blame to go around, the cops pulled the triggers.  If you pull the trigger you own that bullet, even if your boss/coworker/department/culture set you up to be in a bad spot.

The cops were the ones entering in a fashion a reasonable person would think was violent.  It was on them to make sure that the folks inside understood what was happening, and to hold their fire until they were sure the folks inside knew what was happening.  IMNSHO, the residents of the apartment acted reasonably to people kicking in their door.  The cops don't get to shoot until the residents have been proven to be unreasonable.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2020, 04:03:27 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2020, 04:23:59 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2020, 06:24:51 PM »
I think that cops that request or execute a no knock warrant need to be criminally liable for their actions if the object of their warrant isn't present at all.  First degree murder.  Make them do some gorram due diligence to make sure their suspect is actually there when they go in guns blazing and no peaceable effort from a conventional warrant execution.

Also, judges that authorize no-knocks need to be culpable for conspiracy to commit murder when the warrant object isn't present at all.

I'm good with Louisville burning on this one.  I hope it remains constrained to police stations and courthouses, and private property is left more or less alone. 
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2020, 07:43:48 PM »
Several big MSM outlets are saying  "No charges" as in zero  :facepalm:
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2020, 08:20:09 PM »

I think the officers should be charged. I very much think the sack of excrement who filled out the warrant application should be charged with perjury, or making false statements on an official document. They person they were after wasn't even there. The warrant was a result of sloppy detective work. It was akin to other incidents in which police have served no-knock warrants on innocent occupants of their own homes when the person the cops were after had moved out months or even years before.

As to the other cops -- I'm pretty certain they took an oath to support and defend the Constitution. The Constitution supposedly protects the People from unreasonable searches. IMHO, except in the rare cases of actual armed and dangerous fugitives, no knock and "knock and announce" (which, as executed, are virtually indistinguishable from no knock) warrants should never be issued. If some judge is dumb enough to issue such a warrant in a case like this, then the cops should refuse to serve it. Saying they were just following orders wasn't good enough at the Nuremberg trials, why is it good enough for American police officers -- who killed an innocent person?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2020, 08:20:52 PM »
Several big MSM outlets are saying  "No charges" as in zero  :facepalm:

The charges were unrelated to Breonna Taylor's death.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2020, 08:33:20 PM »
Shots fired at the police
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2020, 08:37:11 PM »
Guy on PT News is pissed off
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2020, 08:38:17 PM »
Officer down
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2020, 08:40:19 PM »
Reports of two officers shot in Portland
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2020, 08:55:22 PM »
I just heard two sets of gun shots 5 or 6 each
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2020, 09:02:49 PM »
And more
- Calvin and Hobbes

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2020, 09:32:42 PM »
Breanna Taylor was a legitimate target for a warrant.

She was a known associate of the people in the drug gang that was being investigated.

Plus there was a body found in a car rented under her name. That's going to raise some eyebrows.

The fact that the person they were looking for wasn't there is not relevant. They were looking for other things as well. So the warrant was going to be served regardless.

Under our current laws the police had a right to be there.

It's possible that Kenneth Walker really believed that it was a gang of robbers coming through his door and so he fired his gun.

Had he not fired, the cops would have not returned fire and Taylor would still be alive.

Had it been a no-knock Walker may not have had time to react and Taylor might still alive.

So there's blame to share here.

But she was no saint and her involvement in criminal activity brought the police to her door so she also deserves some of the blame.  

Also the narrative that she was sleeping is not true. She was standing in her hallway when shot.

And the only way that the police could return fire and hit her and miss him totally is if he fired from behind her. I don't know if that is a criminal act but he is responsible for getting her in the cross-fire.

Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2020, 09:48:09 PM »
 :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Chris Hayes: As President Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transfer of power, ‘pro-regime gunmen are prowling the streets of Louisville harassing dissidents’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/09/23/chris-hayes-as-president-trump-refuses-to-commit-to-a-peaceful-transfer-of-power-pro-regime-gunmen-are-prowling-the-streets-of-louisville-harassing-dissidents/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2020, 09:55:53 PM »
Two officers shot
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2020, 09:57:07 PM »
The Left needs to better vet their black martyrs,  because the last 3 they've rioted over have been dubious at best.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2020, 09:59:34 PM »
Breanna Taylor was a legitimate target for a warrant.

She was a known associate of the people in the drug gang that was being investigated.

Plus there was a body found in a car rented under her name. That's going to raise some eyebrows.

The fact that the person they were looking for wasn't there is not relevant. They were looking for other things as well. So the warrant was going to be served regardless.

Under our current laws the police had a right to be there.

It's possible that Kenneth Walker really believed that it was a gang of robbers coming through his door and so he fired his gun.

Had he not fired, the cops would have not returned fire and Taylor would still be alive.

Had it been a no-knock Walker may not have had time to react and Taylor might still alive.

So there's blame to share here.

But she was no saint and her involvement in criminal activity brought the police to her door so she also deserves some of the blame.  

Also the narrative that she was sleeping is not true. She was standing in her hallway when shot.

And the only way that the police could return fire and hit her and miss him totally is if he fired from behind her. I don't know if that is a criminal act but he is responsible for getting her in the cross-fire.

Yes, and the leaked transcripts of jail phone calls are pretty revealing. I don't particularly find myself a cheering section for cops usually but from Ferguson on that is where I find myself. Fix the warrant system(both war on drugs and FISA) but lets stop pretending these are noble causes. The facts matter not one bit to the people trying to tear down civilization. They don't want to end abuse of police power, they just want the club.

The penalty for running around with drug dealers is not death in the legal system. But it might be in the real world. I will not associate in the least with people I know to do drugs, make illegal guns, whatever just because I know guilt by association and I am terrified for any of my property and their property to exist in the same place. I don't want to ever have to use the "not my pants" defense.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.