Author Topic: As presented, nothing about this story makes a lot of sense.  (Read 549 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
As presented, nothing about this story makes a lot of sense.
« on: September 22, 2020, 10:15:00 AM »
As I was reading a blog I check in on I came across this comment about the topic at hand.

"As presented, nothing about this story makes a lot of sense."

It dawned on me almost immediately that his comment could reference just about every story in the media out there!

Every story out there has unspoken assumptions embedded in it and is written in harmony with an unrevealed narrative.

If you reject their assumptions and narrative it is like reading nonsensical gibberish. Or at its very best it's like a math equation that sort of works out, but is based upon a false axiom.

We are bombarded with so much absurdity and nonsense that it is hard to purge it out of your life.

Confusion! Be Afraid!

A population that is confused and afraid is much easier to manipulate than a population based on first principles, well defined presuppositions and focused on maintaining traditions that worked.

Everyone is floating along on the ocean without any notion of where the currents are taking them, they are just holding on for dear life, hiding, trying not to get tossed off the raft by the loonies.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: As presented, nothing about this story makes a lot of sense.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 10:57:38 AM »
I think social media makes that worse since everyone highlights the most extreme content out of sheer entertainment and shock value.  No one wants to forward a video link of people doing normal stuff.  This gives the impression that weird stuff is common when it is far from common.

The rioting is not rare, but it isn't everywhere.  If you followed the right online stuff, it seemed that stuff was all over every city when it was largely in smaller areas and involved a lot fewer people than it seemed. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 11:11:19 AM »
Everyone is floating along on the ocean without any notion of where the currents are taking them, they are just holding on for dear life, hiding, trying not to get tossed off the raft by the loonies.

That pretty well sums it up.

griz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 01:23:20 PM »
I think social media makes that worse since everyone highlights the most extreme content out of sheer entertainment and shock value.  No one wants to forward a video link of people doing normal stuff.  This gives the impression that weird stuff is common when it is far from common.

The rioting is not rare, but it isn't everywhere.  If you followed the right online stuff, it seemed that stuff was all over every city when it was largely in smaller areas and involved a lot fewer people than it seemed. 

Well said sir.  And not just social media, the evening news has become a series of shocking teasers to stories that are a lot less shocking than they were before the commercial.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 02:56:11 PM »
Ever hear of Sturgeon's Law, attributed to the science fiction writer Theodore Sturgeon?

"90% of everything is crap."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain