Author Topic: Are the Dorr brothers effective?  (Read 1045 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Are the Dorr brothers effective?
« on: September 22, 2020, 09:40:04 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2020/09/21/915445969/does-no-compromising-really-work?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews&utm_campaign=npr&fbclid=IwAR08nvT09R8zgV4EGf6B9FQDEFjjvZPFrlHRV8vPRksQrjjk38JYU3ESu58

I don't know very much about them since I don't think they make it to the PNW. I have seen a lot about them on Facebook in recent years.  What does the Collective think about them?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Are the Dorr brothers effective?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 09:49:22 PM »
Never heard of them
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 10:36:28 PM »
They aren't well respected in Iowa. Professional lawsuit (ers).

They are in it to put money in their own pockets.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 07:10:21 AM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 12:19:31 PM »
Who?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 12:23:35 PM »
Who?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 01:16:04 PM »
You guys haven't heard of the Door brothers? They invented doors! What, are ya still comin in through the window?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2020, 01:25:43 PM »
You guys haven't heard of the Door brothers? They invented doors! What, are ya still comin in through the window?
As I recall, the Door brothers are mostly known for building on the work of Andrew N. Koolaidman.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2020, 02:53:19 PM »

Doors?  I don't use no stinkin' doors.  I have sheets of deer hide hanging over my entry ways.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2020, 05:28:32 PM »
As I recall, the Door brothers are mostly known for building on the work of Andrew N. Koolaidman.

Ah, the noted open borders advocate.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2020, 05:43:45 PM »
Ah, the noted open borders advocate.
Oh yeah.

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2020, 05:45:53 PM »
I've dealt with them so much in MN. They run a few fake charities and a ton of fake political groups. They had something like five or so in MN alone. They basically just make up a bunch of lies to fund raise off of, and attack all of the legitimate pro gun groups. It is the same set of BS stories repeated in a dozen states.

https://www.facebook.com/trueiowagunowners has some info on them.

As to their effectiveness they intentionally torpedo pro gun bills to fund raise off of the failure. I don't just mean act like jackasses to drive away support, but they work to kill pro gun bills and then take credit once they pass.

Ben Dorr and I have had a lot of confrontations in real life.

https://www.sixbrothersdisasterrelief.com/about/ They pretended to help during a hurricane but never attempted to enter the disaster area. They just posed for a few pictures and videos and left.

They run some fake pro life groups, fake pro farm land management groups, about a dozen pro gun groups including national org. They funnel their money through a direct mail company that they moved from Iowa to Ohio.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

grampster

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2020, 06:10:18 PM »
"If you do not have Doors, you may be entitled to compensation."
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2020, 07:21:51 PM »
I've dealt with them so much in MN. They run a few fake charities and a ton of fake political groups. They had something like five or so in MN alone. They basically just make up a bunch of lies to fund raise off of, and attack all of the legitimate pro gun groups. It is the same set of BS stories repeated in a dozen states.

https://www.facebook.com/trueiowagunowners has some info on them.

As to their effectiveness they intentionally torpedo pro gun bills to fund raise off of the failure. I don't just mean act like jackasses to drive away support, but they work to kill pro gun bills and then take credit once they pass.

Ben Dorr and I have had a lot of confrontations in real life.

https://www.sixbrothersdisasterrelief.com/about/ They pretended to help during a hurricane but never attempted to enter the disaster area. They just posed for a few pictures and videos and left.

They run some fake pro life groups, fake pro farm land management groups, about a dozen pro gun groups including national org. They funnel their money through a direct mail company that they moved from Iowa to Ohio.

Ayup, I would cross the street to piss on them if they were on fire.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536