Author Topic: After affects from a dental procedure  (Read 488 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
After affects from a dental procedure
« on: September 23, 2020, 09:25:21 AM »
A piece of tooth erupted from my gum last night. After effects of having all my wisdom teeth removed, two of which had to be chiseled out in pieces. It's happened before and the soreness had me thinking that was probably the case again. Amazing thing that.

Why am I so amazed?

The procedure was 32 years ago. Yes, years. 3.2 decades. Spring Break of 1988, to be precise. Beats me why that little razor sharp chunk of misery took so long to show itself, but it did. Glad it did, too. Things were getting mighty tender and mouth pain is one of the few minor discomforts I have trouble tolerating.

Brad
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 10:10:56 AM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: After affects from a dental procedure
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 09:53:24 AM »
About 10 years ago I had a little spot on my foster up and get sore over an old surgery scar from a 1978 football injury.
I figured I'd picked up a briar thorn or similar so went to work at it with tweezers and a needle. Worked up a little stub that looked like my suspected briar thorn. I got ahold of it with the tweezers and gave it a yank.  The 9" scar over my knee pulled up like pulling a drawstring on a bag. 30+ year old "dissolving suture" that didnt.
The wife insisted that I go see the Dr. about it. All he did was pull it up and clip it off.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 10:30:58 AM »
In 1992 I went through a car window head first, and it cut up my lower lip pretty bad. About 6 or 7 years ago I had a little square piece of glass poke a corner out. I got it out, but ended up getting one stitch to close it.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 10:32:18 AM »
I had my wisdom teeth out when I was 18.

I had a chunk of tooth pop out about 15 years later...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 10:36:53 AM »
That stuff can migrate also. I know a lady that had ankle surgery with plate and screws and years later a screw festered and came out behind her knee. A viet nam vet had shrapnel move from his chest to his spine around and between his ribs.
I had a piece of cinder come out of my hip many years after a motorcycle spill.
What we have here is failure to communicate.