Author Topic: Black man shot dead by police after witnesses say he was stopped for jaywalking  (Read 875 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Black man shot dead by police after witnesses say he was stopped for jaywalking
https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/xandr/black-man-shot-dead-police-182151153.html
This is what I saw on yahoo news.  

https://www.ocsd.org/civicax/inc/blobfetch.aspx?BlobID=117867
This was a press release on it.  It appears he was walking in the middle of the street blocking traffic which is why the police got involved.  The police say he got control of one of the officer's gun.  Can see much on the available video once they go to ground.  He was definitely combative, but I could tell what was being said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poI5d4v8WAM
This has video at the beginning.  I didn't listen to any commentary.  
Another video showed one officer had his gun out, but it looked to me like it was re-holstered before the fight started.  

Not sure what type of retention holsters they use.  Maybe the one officer didn't get it holstered properly.  

A couple articles say local protests were already happening.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Cue the riots in 3....2....1...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
I see enough stupid headlines that specify the race of the deceased. Do we really need to do that here, too?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Cue the riots in 3....2....1...

Did they even stop yet?
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Phyphor

• friend
No.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Another bag of Ammonium Nitrate thrown onto an already burning pile
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
so was he shot for jaywalking or grabbing a cops gun?
oh boy, 2020 is a dooozy of a year.

I don't think we should shoot jaywalkers, I think we should "accidentally" run them over. >:D
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MechAg94

• friend
so was he shot for jaywalking or grabbing a cops gun?
oh boy, 2020 is a dooozy of a year.

I don't think we should shoot jaywalkers, I think we should "accidentally" run them over. >:D
First, was it jaywalking or blocking traffic.  If he was just jaywalking, the cops would have never been called. 

Yes, he was shot for grabbing the officer's gun. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
I see enough stupid headlines that specify the race of the deceased. Do we really need to do that here, too?

The thread title I used was the first headline I saw.  I assuming it wasn't true before checking the article and looking for other links.  Yahoo news always does that especially with stories like this.  I still have my email with them.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
First, was it jaywalking or blocking traffic.  If he was just jaywalking, the cops would have never been called. 

Yes, he was shot for grabbing the officer's gun. 

>:D >:D >:D
 ya know, maybe shooting jaywalkers isn't a bad idea.
 I'm willing to bet that Trump made them kill the poor innocent former boy scout / preacher  , some kind of executive order of execution .

I'm also sure that the media will fairly and accurately tell the whole story
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."