Author Topic: "Celebrities React"  (Read 1009 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"Celebrities React"
« on: September 27, 2020, 05:38:59 PM »
Celebrities are reacting to the SC nominee. And everything else. The news sites all want me to know that celebrities have weighed in! I am SO sick of news organizations doing the, "This is what celebrities have to say on 'X' ". Who gives a *expletive deleted*ck?

Even Fox News does it, and they may be worse than others. I realize Fox does it for clicks so people like me get suckered in with, "What are these damn idiot celebrities saying now?" and my blood pressure goes up. Still, I'd be happy if all news sites avoided "celebrities react" articles for anything not related to Hollywood.

That, or I increase my dang willpower to just avoid clicking on the link.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: "Celebrities React"
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 05:43:05 PM »
Yeah, but what did they say? I just gotta know!!!!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 08:14:29 PM »
The main foxnews site does that more and more.  

No,  I don't give two shits what Lebron James thinks about anything not involving a squeaky round orange ball.  And when he does open his mouth, it he sounds somewhere between illiterate and retarded.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 08:43:29 PM by Andiron »
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 08:38:25 PM »
I'd just as soon not know what celebrities I need to despise, thank you.   ;/

JN01

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 09:38:18 PM »
I'd just as soon not know what celebrities I need to despise, thank you.   ;/

All of them?

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 09:39:33 PM »

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 10:32:11 AM »
A good response to celebrities and their opinions.

http://injennifershead.com/?p=1841
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2020, 10:57:06 AM »
And another reason: Jeff Daniels, who plays Comey in a Showtime (commies) series designed to be released just before the election is now an FBI expert who we must listen to regarding Trump:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/09/28/jeff-daniels-portrays-james-comey-in-movie-so-take-his-word-for-it-that-trumps-heading-to-prison-and-his-supporters-are-idiots/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2020, 11:34:47 AM »
And another reason: Jeff Daniels, who plays Comey in a Showtime (commies) series designed to be released just before the election is now an FBI expert who we must listen to regarding Trump:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/09/28/jeff-daniels-portrays-james-comey-in-movie-so-take-his-word-for-it-that-trumps-heading-to-prison-and-his-supporters-are-idiots/

About the only people who are going to watch this are people who already made up their minds about who they're going to/not vote for a long long time ago.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 03:51:19 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2020, 01:23:39 PM »
A good response to celebrities and their opinions.

http://injennifershead.com/?p=1841

Who dis Jennifer?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2020, 03:36:12 PM »
Actors getting delusions of adequacy is hilarious.
Their entire stock in trade is the lie. Telling a story with emotion in an entertaining manner.
Their purpose in life is to entertain, to make people laugh.
They are the modern equivalent of the court jester, the fool.
They need to be reminded of that.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams