Author Topic: Trump and Taxes  (Read 2766 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Trump and Taxes
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2020, 06:52:50 PM »
Biden: "TRUMP HARDLY PAID ANY TAXES AT ALL FOR DECADES!!!!"

Trump: "Joe, that's called TAX COMPLIANCE, and I'd really like to thank you for being such a big part of making the laws covering the tax code for your 47 years in government!"
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2020, 06:58:30 PM »
I think it pretty well falls under the same rules that classified info does. If the publisher didn't acquire the info illegally first hand, i.e. "someone" who might have illegally acquire the info gave it to them freely then they can publish without violation of the law.

But if they find the geezer that leaked the dox...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2020, 07:35:49 PM »
How is that not a crime?

Leaking it is a crime, especially if it was an IRS/federal employee. Publishing it is technically against a section in the IRS code, but that hasn't been used in previous instances and would be certainly challenged (and it's a commonly held opinion that it wouldn't hold up, much like the Logan Act).
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2020, 01:00:44 AM »
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2020, 08:40:19 AM »
Another thing Trump could point out if it comes up is that he is one of the only politicians in D.C. that is losing money while in office instead of getting richer. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2020, 08:54:27 AM »
Oh no! Trump is done. NYT just discovered that Trump made money endorsing products, just like all TV celebrities do. $500,000 for endorsing Oreo Double Stuff cookies.  :laugh:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/09/29/hes-finished-the-nyts-2nd-article-on-trumps-taxes-discovers-his-delicious-sources-of-income/

They're contributing to his campaign at this point. This kind of thing doesn't swing sway voters (except maybe in Trump's direction). This is just food for the people who have full blown TDS.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2020, 09:43:56 AM »
I wonder if the TDS that has infected them for a while will overshadow any actual October surprises.  They have claimed to have the goods on Trump a few times before and it amounted to nothing. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2020, 09:55:33 AM »
Privacy Act of 1974 and possibly HIPAA.

Perhaps I missed this, but as someone who does HIPAA for a living, was any healthcare information about the President released?  I thought the NYT story was about tax and financial information.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2020, 11:04:05 AM »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2020, 01:21:39 PM »
I am deeply disappointed that I am the first to post this. https://monsterhunternation.com/2020/09/28/no-you-idiots-thats-not-how-taxes-work-an-accountants-guide-to-why-you-are-a-gullible-moron/?fbclid=IwAR0_568fhWuIgC_9ZyUS8KSaObJTncSqFL94No6gl7pfE8zSa0E7sgb9dzM

Also, his post has exploded and will often not load, like right now.

He posted on Facebook about moving to a new host service for his blog because of consistent problems like that.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2020, 04:23:11 PM »
I can't see the NYT story originally posted.  I am hearing that the story itself says Trump actually paid more money than was required and more than the $750 that has been claimed.  Have any of you seen a link that reprints the NYT story?