Author Topic: Product review - Caldwell Lead Sled DFT 2 Rifle Shooting Rest  (Read 464 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Product review - Caldwell Lead Sled DFT 2 Rifle Shooting Rest
« on: September 30, 2020, 07:53:39 PM »
I might have mentioned that I've had some shoulder problems the passed year. Left one fixed in January, right one operated on in June, note, I did not say fixed.  =|
My right shoulder is pretty jacked up, I'm convinced they injured/re-injured it when I had the gallbladder surgery in August. I go back to see the surgeon in 2 weeks.
Anyway, it's put a serious crimp in my shooting for the last year.

I picked up a Caldwell Lead Sled DFT 2 Rifle Shooting Rest  a few weeks ago and so far I'm liking it a lot.
While I don't for a second consider it "marksmanship" practice I am able to evaluate loads I have worked up for different rifles. So far I have only used it with my new Marlin 1894 .45 Colt with some upper end cast bullet loads. I used a single 25# bag of lead shot as a weight and I felt essentially zero recoil.
I believe I will be able to continue .45-70 load work up for my 1874 Sharps and my Henry .45-70 lever gun without disassembling my shoulder.

I picked mine up from MidwayUSA, they had the best price when I ordered though they currently show out of stock.
The rest looks to be well made and solid. In use adjustment was easy, consistent and solid.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/101827114?pid=452933

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Product review - Caldwell Lead Sled DFT 2 Rifle Shooting Rest
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 09:47:29 PM »
I was at the range just yesterday doing some fine zero tuning and said to myself I need to get a lead sled.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes