Author Topic: Millionaires Who Want to Pay Higher Taxes  (Read 1167 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Millionaires Who Want to Pay Higher Taxes
« on: December 26, 2020, 12:20:18 PM »
I hate when these "millionaires" get together for a little virtue signaling and "hey, look at me!" time. As the link says, it's extremely easy for them to pay higher taxes if they want to. We all know they really don't want to and will still use their CPAs to follow the tax code to their advantage.

I'm betting if we went to a straight 10% flat tax, no deductions, they would all be singing a different tune.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/12/26/guilt-ridden-ultra-wealthy-begging-to-have-their-taxes-increased-get-informed-how-to-make-it-happen/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Millionaires Who Want to Pay Higher Taxes
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 12:42:25 PM »
As stated in many of the comments there's nothing stopping them from sending in more money.
But I'm sure in any "tax the rich" tax hike they know the dems will be making sure there are tax loop holes for their rich dem supporting friends so they know they probably won't be paying much if any increase in taxes.

But before we do a "tax the rich" tax hike lets as a test do a massive across the board tax increase on Hollywood elites who seem to be crowing for this stuff the loudest and see if they change their tune.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 02:45:15 PM »
The want taxes on INCOME, not wealth.
They don’t want peole clawing their way out of the middle class.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 11:36:57 PM »
The first person focused on in the article is Abigail Disney.  So someone who didn't earn the money she has and has a guilt complex because she is rich.  I bet many of the others in this group also fit that description.  And instead of finding ways to help people directly with her own money, she spends time trying to get the Govt to take more of other people's money. 

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2020/01/06/the-ultra-wealthy-who-argue-that-they-should-be-paying-higher-taxes?mbid=social_twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_brand=tny&utm_social-type=owned

They mention she heard of a night janitor working for Disney who died while living their car.  The article mentioned a higher minimum wage and unions.  Didn't mention her building affordable housing near the Disney park or maybe subsidizing housing herself or Disney doing it.  I have no idea what housing is already in that area.  I have heard in Florida, Disney owns quite a bit of real estate. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 11:39:57 PM »
And I guess those on this forum know that none of Abigail Disney's wealth will be touched by higher income taxes.  Just the income generated each year (that isn't in tax shelters or covered by some other tax loophole).  So she is really advocating to take more money from people who may not have a lot of wealth (yet) thereby increasing the barrier between the middle class and the wealthy class. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 02:51:08 PM »
An interesting and timely study on how trickle down tax cuts don't really trickle down:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/12/23/tax-cuts-rich-trickle-down/

http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/107919/

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2020, 05:52:04 PM »
An interesting and timely study on how trickle down tax cuts don't really trickle down:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/12/23/tax-cuts-rich-trickle-down/

http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/107919/
Was that what they were really measuring?  Scanning through it all sounds like a bunch of propaganda saying the rich aren't paying enough without really defining who those people are and what they are paying.  A bunch of comparative charts that say very little.  It just strikes me as class warfare nonsense. 

For that matter, why should the rich/weathly pay a higher tax rate on their income?  Does that help you or me any?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2020, 06:23:44 PM »
Considering that Congress and the President spend millions/billions more than we take in as tax revenue annually I say why should we have to pay taxes at all?

Obviously, the debt will never be paid off, it's a mathematical impossibility without totally debasing the currency (further).

The whole ponzi scheme has to be coming close to an end, it cannot endure indefinitely.

I know! How about a Great Reset!

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2020, 09:10:45 AM »
And I guess those on this forum know that none of Abigail Disney's wealth will be touched by higher income taxes.  Just the income generated each year (that isn't in tax shelters or covered by some other tax loophole).  So she is really advocating to take more money from people who may not have a lot of wealth (yet) thereby increasing the barrier between the middle class and the wealthy class.  

Good point.

But in addition, my assessment is that by climbing onto the redistribution wagon, all these wealthy wealth-distribution folks are angling to secure Commisar or higher positions in the coming collapse into complete Communism.

Their motivation may be a combination of your point and my point, plus a ploy to prevent the mobs from storming their individual, personal, Bastilles.

But what do I know?

This list of possible motivations is not exhaustive, I'm sure.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 09:25:39 AM by 230RN »