Author Topic: Declassification of all docs related to the Russian Hoax & Hillary email scandal  (Read 2781 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
 [popcorn]

Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe on Tuesday declassified documents that revealed former CIA Director John Brennan briefed former President Obama on Hillary Clinton’s purported “plan” to tie then-candidate Donald Trump to Russia as “a means of distracting the public from her use of a private email server” ahead of the 2016 presidential election, Fox News has learned.

Ratcliffe declassified Brennan’s handwritten notes – which were taken after he briefed Obama on the intelligence the CIA received – and a CIA memo, which revealed that officials referred the matter to the FBI for potential investigative action.
I have fully authorized the total Declassification of any & all documents pertaining to the single greatest political CRIME in American History, the Russia Hoax. Likewise, the Hillary Clinton Email Scandal. No redactions! https://t.co/GgnHh9GOiq

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 7, 2020

‘Here we go’! Trump says he’s declassifying all documents related to the ‘single greatest political CRIME in American history’
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/10/06/here-we-go-trump-says-hes-declassifying-all-documents-related-to-the-single-greatest-political-crime-in-american-history/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
"What difference at this point does it make?"
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
 [popcorn]

How long can the media ignore the treason?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
[popcorn]

4 years if the past 4 years is any clue. My only hope is that this action means that any impact to Durham's probe has been discussed and there isn't any because he already has charges ready.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
How long can the media ignore this?  Forever.
And Durham isn't bringing any charges.  He was one and done with the earlier indictment. There won't be any more, and there likely will not be a report until after the election, if even then.
We were naive to even get our hopes up.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
[popcorn]

Well, they're a part of it, so...

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
Quote from: RocketMan on October 06, 2020, 10:09:55 PM
How long can the media ignore this?  Forever.
And Durham isn't bringing any charges.  He was one and done with the earlier indictment. There won't be any more, and there likely will not be a report until after the election, if even then.

My buddy and I have a little thing we say when we are out backpacking in rugged terrain.

As the afternoon wears on and we are starting to flag a bit, one of us will inevitably say "how much further till we get to camp?" with the other responding "it's just over that next hill"   =D  It stops being funny after four or five hills.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HankB

• friend
How long can the media ignore this?  Forever.
And Durham isn't bringing any charges.  He was one and done with the earlier indictment. There won't be any more, and there likely will not be a report until after the election, if even then.
Come on, man - Durham will send at least as many perps to jail as the tough talking Darryl Issa and even tougher talking Trey Gowdy combined.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
These are the same people1 who brazenly wiped all their government owned devices during the Mueller "Investigation".

I'm more than certain they already destroyed anything truly damaging.

1: And I don't mean "same type of people", I mean the EXACT SAME PEOPLE committed all these crimes prior to the election and then were given free rein to "investigate" the same things... meaning wiping clean evidence of their own malfeasance while casting aspersions on Trump and attempting a "soft coup".
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Yup. For that "deep state" definition we often argue about, here you go. The only documents getting declassified are the ones that weren't somehow destroyed or disappeared. The person at the CIA with all the power is a certified Trump hater. There might be a trail to "Oops, I wonder what happened to those docs? We had controls in place.", but the result will be the same as "accidentally" wiping/breaking a dozen phones in the same office that somehow weren't backed up by the IT department, which is a lot of talk and no action.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
“In late July 2016, U.S. intelligence agencies obtained insight into Russian intelligence analysis alleging that U.S. Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton had approved a campaign plan to stir up a scandal against U.S. Presidential candidate Donald Trump by tying him to Putin and the Russians' hacking of the Democratic National Committee. The IC does not know the accuracy of this allegation or the extent to which the Russian intelligence analysis may reflect exaggeration or fabrication.”

“According to his handwritten notes, former Central Intelligence Agency Director Brennan subsequently briefed President Obama and other senior national security officials on the intelligence, including the ‘alleged approval by Hillary Clinton on July 26, 2016 of a proposal from one of her foreign policy advisors to vilify Donald Trump by stirring up a scandal claiming interference by Russian security services.’”

So Brennan told Obama that the CIA overheard the Russians say that Hillary Clinton is going to attack Trump by tying him to Russians and the email hack. Do I have that correct?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
So Brennan told Obama that the CIA overheard the Russians say that Hillary Clinton is going to attack Trump by tying him to Russians and the email hack. Do I have that correct?

Yes. The head of the CIA briefed the President about this specific piece of intelligence.

If it is unimportant, as you are implying, why did the head of the CIA think it was important enough to tell the president about?

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'

This, with bells on.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

DittoHead

• friend
Yes. The head of the CIA briefed the President about this specific piece of intelligence.

If it is unimportant, as you are implying, why did the head of the CIA think it was important enough to tell the president about?

Just making sure I have it right. There is no mention of the source of that piece of intelligence in the original post, a lot of the headlines gloss right over that.
It does seem odd that Brennan would think that Obama would need to know what the Russians think the Clinton campaign was going to do to attack the Trump campaign.
Wouldn't the Clinton campaign be a better source than the Russians for that kind of info?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Just making sure I have it right. There is no mention of the source of that piece of intelligence in the original post, a lot of the headlines gloss right over that.
It does seem odd that Brennan would think that Obama would need to know what the Russians think the Clinton campaign was going to do to attack the Trump campaign.
Wouldn't the Clinton campaign be a better source than the Russians for that kind of info?

You're right to think that's a very strange piece of intelligence to share with the Commander in Chief.

Why, it's almost as if the CinC might have already been aware of the information that the Russians had discovered, and so was briefed so that he knew that the Russians ALSO knew this information.

That really seems to be the only reason it would be important enough to include in a Presidential briefing, doesn't it?

MikeB

• friend

I think you are making an assumption that Clinton would have shared what she was doing with Obama. Either ahead of time or if he asked. I never got the impression that the Clinton’s and Obama’s nor many of their respective circles were all that friendly. Sure once she had the nomination he supported her as the Dem candidate; but would they have been working that closely even then?

I would say it’s entirely possible he may have learned some information about what she was doing this way. He still had a responsibility if he knew the whole Russian Hoax was mostly a Clinton campaign operation.

DittoHead

• friend
the CinC might have already been aware of the information that the Russians had discovered, and so was briefed so that he knew that the Russians ALSO knew this information.

That really seems to be the only reason it would be important enough to include in a Presidential briefing, doesn't it?

Why is it important that Obama knew that the Russians knew that Clinton was going to attack Trump for ties to Russia? By that point who didn't know that?
What might that mean? Well, we already know that on July 24, 2016, when the DNC hack was in the news, Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook went on TV to allege that Trump was somehow linked to the Russian hack. That same day, the New York Times reported that portraying Trump as too close to Russia was "emerging as a theme of Mrs. Clinton's campaign." So everyone knows that the Clinton campaign, in public, was trying to link Trump to the Russian hack.
For what it’s worth, I surmise that the Russians probably did believe Clinton had approved this political narrative because it lines up with contemporaneous events – it would not have taken a genius to figure it out.

Jim147

• friends
But was it a hack? Under oath the head of the company that looked at the servers, that they wouldn't let the FBI see, said they could not find how the information got out.

Press did not come ver that admission at all.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
Why is it important that Obama knew that the Russians knew that Clinton was going to attack Trump for ties to Russia? By that point who didn't know that?
theoretically there should be much more coming to light than just this particular tidbit.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
theoretically there should be much more coming to light than just this particular tidbit.

Hoping this is just the tip of the Oct Iceberg
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
Time to make a deal with Assange,  he's probably got the relevant missing info.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

DittoHead

• friend
Attorneys from the Department of Justice argued in court on Tuesday that President Trump's tweets authorizing the "total declassification of any & all documents" related to the Russia investigation and Hillary Clinton's emails should not be considered real declassification orders.
:-X
I'm pretty sure the DOJ has made (and won!) this argument about Trump tweets before.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 08:13:48 PM by DittoHead »

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
:-X
I'm pretty sure the DOJ has made (and won!) this argument about Trump tweets before.

Works right up to the moment Trump tweets "no, really, declassify it all, that's an order."

Which he absolutely can do as he is presently the Final Classification Authority.  It is law he can declassify anything at any time for any or no reason at all.

DittoHead

• friend
Works right up to the moment Trump tweets ...

Or if he's serious about it then maybe just send over a memo, something a bit more official not to mention secure.
It seems dumb to try to make official orders over twitter if the DOJ is repeatedly arguing they don't need to follow them.

“Because the president’s tweet amounts to speculation, it does not” require agencies to acknowledge whether documents exist, U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson ruled in a case concerning whether Trump was under investigation.

"As already discussed, the president's statements may very well be based on media reports or his own personal knowledge, or could simply be viewed as political statements intended to counter media accounts about the Russia investigation, rather than assertions of pure fact," U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta ruled in a case seeking release of the government synopsis of a dossier of information about Trump.

DittoHead

• friend