Author Topic: Snatch and grab the Michigan governor  (Read 3522 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Snatch and grab the Michigan governor
« on: October 08, 2020, 04:04:33 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Snatch and grab the Michigan governor
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 04:47:32 PM »
This guy tracked down a youtube channel of one of the arrested.

https://mobile.twitter.com/robbystarbuck/status/1314267058339819520
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 05:00:59 PM »
Perhaps I am giving too much credit from seeing too many movies and reading too many books, but I would assume that these sort of plots are penetrated by the FBI or others.  But then again Tim McVeigh pulled it off so maybe I am giving too much credit.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 05:02:27 PM »
Perhaps I am giving too much credit from seeing too many movies and reading too many books, but I would assume that these sort of plots are penetrated by the FBI or others.  But then again Tim McVeigh pulled it off so maybe I am giving too much credit.

The difference is intelligence and opsec. They need to be smart enough to shut their pie hole.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 05:10:06 PM »
The article I read indicated at least one paid informant and I think they had someone who penetrated the group.

I could be wrong, it may have been the same guy (the paid informant).
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2020, 05:41:21 PM »
One guy, Fox,  lives here in Grand Rapids.  The local media is breathlessly reporting that he, OMG, HAS 3 GUNS AND AMMO FOR THEM!!!!!!!
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2020, 07:31:53 PM »
   I wonder where they got their motivation from. https://t.co/Sqw8k80SNY pic.twitter.com/mhdSMElz5F

— Rashida Tlaib (@RashidaTlaib) October 8, 2020
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/10/08/reality-checks-trip-up-rep-rashida-tlaibs-attempt-to-tie-trump-to-thwarted-plot-to-kidnap-michigan-gov-whitmer/

Hmmm, I wonder who she has in mind
Lets see
https://twitter.com/RashidaTlaib/status/1314269356021424133?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Yep, all roads blame lead to Rome Orange Man
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2020, 07:48:26 PM »
One guy, Fox,  lives here in Grand Rapids.  The local media is breathlessly reporting that he, OMG, HAS 3 GUNS AND AMMO FOR THEM!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!

Ammu-NI-tion? That's just HORRIBLE!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2020, 07:52:57 PM »
The difference is intelligence and opsec. They need to be smart enough to shut their pie hole.

Yea .... don't use 55 year old MAN FROM UNCLE SECRET DECODER RINGS to communicate.   Apparently facebook.... or twitter, one of the social innernetz sites,  reported them.     
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2020, 08:29:15 PM »
My guess is that the undercover FBI dudes that infiltrated the group were the ones that came up with the idea and the plans to implement it.
 :mad:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2020, 08:30:22 PM »
OMG!!!!

Ammu-NI-tion? That's just HORRIBLE!

Sometimes I imagine what the media would have to say about my meager collection of arms and ammo  >:D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2020, 08:35:20 PM »
Remember one story where they were in full panic mode over the guy's HUUUUGE ammo stash "Hundreds of Bullets!" Photo showed a brick of 22s.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2020, 09:01:36 PM »
To borrow a line from a friend...some people are taking this Ohio State v. Michigan thing entirely too far.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2020, 09:03:35 PM »
Biden and the Governor are blaming Trump.
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2020, 09:39:58 PM »
Biden and the Governor are blaming Trump.

In other news, water may, in fact, be wet.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2020, 10:23:26 PM »
In other news, water may, in fact, be wet.

How dare you assume it's state of matter?

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2020, 10:52:06 PM »
These guys may more anarchists than anything else and thus anti govt in general, one of their videos had the anarchist flag in the background and the guy was very anti police.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2020, 11:07:05 PM »
To borrow a line from a friend...some people are taking this Ohio State v. Michigan thing entirely too far.
In the old days they just went after mascots.  Going after Governors might be a bit much.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zahc

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2020, 11:22:15 PM »
It's part of the playbook. The FLQ kidnapped and later killed a public official.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_Crisis

Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2020, 02:27:25 AM »
My guess is that the undercover FBI dudes that infiltrated the group were the ones that came up with the idea and the plans to implement it.
 :mad:

It would be consistent with their track record.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2020, 07:57:40 AM »
On the radio the straight news broadcast (on WLS) it was being framed as "militia", "white supremacists", "Trumps fault".

Fake news has to be the most brilliant and obvious meme ever.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2020, 10:42:49 AM »
These guys may more anarchists than anything else and thus anti govt in general, one of their videos had the anarchist flag in the background and the guy was very anti police.

I forgot tp provide a link to the video, sorry about that, but guess what popped up on Twitchy

‘Wow! This is big.’ Bombshell video proves 1 of the ringleaders arrested in plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is anti-Trump (watch)
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/10/09/wow-this-is-big-bombshell-video-proves-1-of-the-ringleaders-arrested-in-plot-to-kidnap-gov-gretchen-whitmer-is-anti-trump-watch/
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2020, 12:05:28 PM »
I remember in the years immediately following the OKC bombing, someone suggested that all "militias" had essentially become government organizations since over half the members were government agents.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2020, 08:39:01 PM »
In the old days they just went after mascots.  Going after Governors might be a bit much.

If Michigan wants a reprisal shot at Dewine I'm fine with it.  Sort of like a penalty kick in soccer or something. 
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2020, 09:35:56 AM »
Instead of the booga loo we get the arrest of a "white supremacist militia" run by a an anti-fa type anarchist and paid government "informant".