Author Topic: Why don't political yard signs...  (Read 979 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Why don't political yard signs...
« on: October 28, 2020, 08:19:00 PM »
Why don't those political yard signs have the candidate's political party listed?  They used to do that.

Anyone know why that has changed?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Andiron

• friend
Re: Why don't political yard signs...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 08:30:04 PM »
The bastards do it for everything here,  even judges.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 08:33:05 PM »
I've noticed that primarily with democrat candidates. It's almost like they're don't really want people to realize they are aligned with the forces of evil. 
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 09:10:01 PM »
I've noticed that primarily with democrat candidates. It's almost like they're don't really want people to realize they are aligned with the forces of evil.  

Here in SC we have a Dem candidate challenging Lindsay Graham. His name is Jamie Harrison. He has not admitted in one single campaign ad or sign that he’s a Democrat and is pushing a “work together” message. His campaign is all bankrolled by the national Dem party with a shitton of money pouring in. He is also using a quite underhanded tactic of advertising heavily, directly and indirectly (by calling him “Too conservative for SC”) for a Constitution party candidate named Bill Bledsoe that withdrew weeks ago but whose name is still on the ballot in an effort to split away Graham’s potential voters...and its working based on online comments.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 09:31:36 PM »

Yup,  that's here all day too.  Of course,  I'm in enemy territory, so they don't even pretend.

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 09:32:43 PM »
Seems the dim signs are usually blue around here
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zahc

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 09:38:55 PM »
I think this is better. I wish the party weren't listed next to the candidate on ballots, too. Shouldn't we support policies, not parties?
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 09:46:32 PM »
I think this is better. I wish the party weren't listed next to the candidate on ballots, too. Shouldn't we support policies, not parties?

For the percentage of the population that actually bothered to inform themselves enough to make a policy based decision,  I'm not convinced our current form of democracy/representative republic is still a good idea.  It worked on paper,  but you can't point at the current self perpetuating oligarchy and tell me that's a functional representation of how this country is supposed to work.

No,  I don't have a better idea.  The Founders gave us a blueprint,  the current "people" are too dumb and lazy to make it work.