Author Topic: ACB's confirmation hearings have begun...  (Read 9364 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: ACB's confirmation hearings have begun...
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2020, 09:14:33 PM »
It’s funny how the definition of court packing, according to the libs is now filling a vacant seat but then they are literally calling for more justices to be added when they get in power.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2020, 09:32:55 PM »
I guess Conspiracy Bro at work just wants to find some reason to rag on ACB, because anytime she comes up he has to say something about how she's obviously a witch, because she just looks like a witch. Which (har-har) is a full step below the inanity of most of what he says.  ;/

Also, how stupid can these people be? This stupid:
https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/13/msnbc-analyst-compares-amy-coney-barrett-in-mask-to-sex-slave-in-the-handmaids-tale/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2020, 09:40:31 PM »
ACB needs to use this line at least once during the hearings:

what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
At no point, in your rambling, incoherent question were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2020, 11:08:29 AM »
Interesting tangent: Websters dictionary suddenly changed their definition of "preference" to meet yesterday's liberal outrage. Without stuff like the wayback machine, we would never know this was happening.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/10/14/orwellian-websters-dictionary-caught-changing-its-entry-for-preference-after-yesterdays-fake-outrage/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2020, 11:48:48 AM »
Holy crap she is good! Calm and collected in all her answers, yet torching the most jackass of her questioners. All with no notes. She must have like a 200 IQ.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2020, 11:52:15 AM »
And people on Facebook, the TDSers, are going absolutely nuts that she's not using, or taking, notes.

IT JUST SHOWS SHE KNOWS ITS IN THE BAG! SHE'S IN ON THE CONSPIRACY TO PACK THE COURT!

And a lot worse...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2020, 12:06:52 PM »
Holy crap she is good! Calm and collected in all her answers, yet torching the most jackass of her questioners. All with no notes. She must have like a 200 IQ.

That's my assessment as well. I am a very bright person and I watch her knowing that even though I'm pretty sure I could debate the trained monkeys in the questioner roles with ease, I would be very unlikely to be able to draw up every single case/ruling that she's been doing from memory. And she's been doing it with (apparent) ease. 

Even the things I know, and know I have read, and can call up, I would still want to have notes so I knew I was quoting it correctly or attributing it correctly. That empty notepad really impressed me.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2020, 12:23:57 PM »
^
"...the trained monkeys in the questioner roles..."

Excellent.

Like.

Will steal.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2020, 12:48:50 PM »
I loved it how yesterday she stuck a knife in the Dems by quoting RBG's line about not forecasting anything...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2020, 10:56:28 AM »
I loved it how yesterday she stuck a knife in the Dems by quoting RBG's line about not forecasting anything...
Quoting a democrat icon at the dems?   :rofl:

The dems probably found that most infuriating. Sort of like the nuns I was stuck with in grammar school when I threw their own words back at them.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2020, 11:03:56 AM »
Oh, the Dems are finding EVERYTHING most infuriating.

It's just a huge ball of fury.

I predict there won't be a single Democrat to vote for her, either in committee (if they stay and actually vote and don't try to derail things by walking out to deny a quorum) or in the Senate.

When a Dem nominates someone for the court, they DEMAND that everyone vote on the individual's qualifications (and that goes for all Dem nominees, not just for the courts).

But when a Republican, especially ORANGEMANBAD!!! nominates someone, the vote suddenly isn't about the nominee's qualifications, is about the person who nominated them.

Yet another reason why I hate the left and all of their flower children.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2020, 11:06:31 AM »
Now they are using whiny law students to show how much ACB sucks and doesn't know the law.  :rofl:

Whenever I need brain surgery, I'm definitely asking for a first year med student to do it.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/10/15/lefty-blue-check-gushes-over-these-law-students-fed-the-fck-up-with-amy-coney-barrett-as-if-their-opinions-are-worth-a-damn-video/

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2020, 01:16:36 PM »
Blumenthal made a motion to postpone ACB's nomination process "indefinitely."

FAILED!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2020, 01:18:12 PM »
Now they are using whiny law students to show how much ACB sucks and doesn't know the law.  :rofl:

Whenever I need brain surgery, I'm definitely asking for a first year med student to do it.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/10/15/lefty-blue-check-gushes-over-these-law-students-fed-the-fck-up-with-amy-coney-barrett-as-if-their-opinions-are-worth-a-damn-video/

:rofl:

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2020, 02:09:47 PM »
Oh dear, and here's the smoking gun...

A bus load of Nuns who ACB forced into servitude as her personal teachers over a span of 12 years.... all without her paying them anything, and the whole time while she matriculating shamelessly.

UNFIT! UNFIT!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2020, 02:58:17 PM »
I imagine prog heads everywhere are exploding:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/10/15/watch-dianne-feinstein-ends-the-acb-hearing-by-praising-lindsey-graham-and-giving-him-a-hug-with-no-mask-of-course/

Also sounds like it's about said and done, welcome ACB to the SCOTUS. Can't see anything stopping it now.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2020, 03:05:46 PM »

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/10/15/watch-dianne-feinstein-ends-the-acb-hearing-by-praising-lindsey-graham-and-giving-him-a-hug-with-no-mask-of-course/

Also sounds like it's about said and done, welcome ACB to the SCOTUS. Can't see anything stopping it now.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2020, 03:40:12 PM »

Never underestimate the ability of Republicans to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2020, 03:54:50 PM »
"Never underestimate the ability of Republicans to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory."

Christ, I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't thinking the same thing.

Although they have managed to get Gorsuch and Kavanaugh on the bench...

But yeah...

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2020, 04:01:08 PM »
"Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., later called originalism a "smokescreen" for "activist" judges,"

OK, my *expletive deleted*ing head just popped at that commnent...

The left has, for 50 years, used the court's activism to get things that they couldn't get legislatively. I'm not taking a stance on whether that is inherently good or bad, but the hypocrisy of such a statement is just stunning.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2020, 04:05:35 PM »
"It's not activism when we do it."
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2020, 05:48:56 PM »
Never underestimate the ability of Republicans to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

On the other hand, the Republicans have more seats in the Senate than they did in 2018. Also, the made-up objections to ACB are not nearly as good as the made-up objections to the sinister Brett Kavanaugh.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2020, 06:43:26 PM »
They're not happy

Liberal groups are demanding that an ‘in decline’ Sen. Dianne Feinstein step down from the Judiciary Committee
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/10/15/liberal-groups-are-demanding-that-an-in-decline-sen-dianne-feinstein-step-down-from-the-judiciary-committee/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2020, 06:49:11 PM »
Yep, not happy at all. Calling for protests. Didn't Pelosi drop hints for protests a couple of weeks ago?

Dem CT Sen Blumenthal on Barrett: Our main and last best hope is for the American people to tell my colleagues..vote against this nominee and delay it until after the election. Those protests have to occur outside Washington, or even in the streets.

— Chad Pergram (@ChadPergram) October 15, 2020

Sen. Dick Blumenthal calls for protests in the streets to delay Amy Coney Barrett’s confirmation
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/10/15/sen-dick-blumenthal-calls-for-protests-in-the-streets-to-delay-amy-coney-barretts-confirmation/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2020, 06:56:31 PM »
They're not happy

Liberal groups are demanding that an ‘in decline’ Sen. Dianne Feinstein step down from the Judiciary Committee
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/10/15/liberal-groups-are-demanding-that-an-in-decline-sen-dianne-feinstein-step-down-from-the-judiciary-committee/

Well, she is 87.  She should be retired by now. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?