Author Topic: Hey Sous Vide people...  (Read 2041 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Hey Sous Vide people...
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2020, 07:41:30 PM »
Ok. Turkey tenderloin turned out great.

Had problems with the Brussels sprouts wanting to float. Think I'll skip veggies in the future and concentrate on meat.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2020, 08:47:46 PM »
Think I'll skip veggies in the future and concentrate on meat.

Now you're talkin'.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2020, 01:41:20 AM »
Think I'll skip veggies in the future and concentrate on meat.

That's what she said.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2021, 01:57:21 PM »
Update to this...

When I first got it, I figured I'd use the sous vide stick maybe a couple of times a month.

Since I've restarted my diet, I'm using it a couple of times a week...

My go to lunch is oven roasted vegetables, 4 ounces of very thinly sliced skinless chicken breast, and Lite Toasted Sesame Asian salad dressing by Kraft.

I wasn't happy at all with how dry the chicken was when I was oven or pan roasting it or even poaching it, so I gave the SV stick a try, and I'm glad that I did. Tender, juicy, and wonderful. I throw the chicken breast into a freezer bag with some garlic and onion powders and either some salt or chicken base and run it at 150 for 2.5 to 3 hours.

I also did a pork tenderloin a few weeks ago with the SV stick and man did that turn out nicely, as well.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2021, 02:37:20 PM »
^^^^

I was surprised at just a 10-20 degree difference in the sous vide will change the texture of the chicken. 150 is a good spot for chicken breasts.

bob

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2021, 03:38:09 PM »
^^^^

I was surprised at just a 10-20 degree difference in the sous vide will change the texture of the chicken. 150 is a good spot for chicken breasts.

bob

I was very surprised, too!

I tried them at 145 and they were almost mushy, so the next batch I did at 155. They were good, but on the cusp of drying out, so I backed off to 150... Sweet spot!