Author Topic: Fastest Growing Jobs  (Read 741 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Fastest Growing Jobs
« on: October 21, 2020, 08:22:32 AM »
I usually take polls like this with a grain of salt, but they got their numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, so they should be generally accurate. Anyway, interesting mix of jobs. I have to wonder if CA is due to people being cooped up with the beer virus.  :laugh:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/fastest-growing-job-every-state-2020
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Fastest Growing Jobs
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 08:46:52 AM »
What is with the statisticians in a few states?  Is that election or poll analysis people?
β€œIt is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 08:48:35 AM »
What is with the statisticians in a few states?  Is that election or poll analysis people?

I was thinking virus related, but short term jobs through the election is a possibility as well.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 09:32:22 AM »
How the hell does North Dakota experience a 210% growth in legislators?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 09:50:53 AM »
How the hell does North Dakota experience a 210% growth in legislators?

The 2.1 of them who died were replaced.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 09:57:15 AM »
Illinois has had a 286% increase in "Costume Attendants."  I think maybe a few grains of salt are indicated . . . .

WTH is a costume attendant anyway?
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 10:37:50 AM »
Illinois has had a 286% increase in "Costume Attendants."  I think maybe a few grains of salt are indicated . . . .

WTH is a costume attendant anyway?

Have you seen the Chicago mayor lately?  :laugh:

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020, 10:41:45 AM »

I see that is the fastest growing job in Iowa also, I'm going to guess with all the insurance businesses located in Iowa.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2020, 10:44:31 AM »
Have you seen the Chicago mayor lately?  :laugh:

Good point. 

:rofl:
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 11:58:22 AM »
When I was in college I worked part time inventorying grocery stores.  One of our team members was a young girl who already had her degree, but couldn't get a job.  It wasn't fair!  Her degree was in theater costuming.

No offense to the theater costumers here.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2020, 04:54:53 PM »
. . . Her degree was in theater costuming.
And to think she could have gotten a degree in Medieval French Poetry or Gender, Ethnic, and Womyn's Studies instead!
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2020, 06:07:08 PM »
And to think she could have gotten a degree in Medieval French Poetry or Gender, Ethnic, and Womyn's Studies instead!

Nope, this was back in the 1970s when there were real courses of study.  Old school !   :old: