Author Topic: Early Voting Statistics  (Read 3861 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Early Voting Statistics
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2020, 09:54:11 PM »
I checked today online, and the county clerk's office received our ballots in the mail and marked them accepted.  So now we wait for the count.

PS: According to the local paper, almost 18% of the ballots in the county have already been received, beating the former record set in 2008.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2020, 09:54:54 PM »
I did in person early voting, they were packed.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2020, 11:54:46 PM »
The Seattle Times just reported that as of one day ago, 33% of eligible votes in Washington have returned their ballots already.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2020, 06:10:06 AM »
The Seattle Times just reported that as of one day ago, 33% of eligible votes in Washington have returned their ballots already.

Just wait for election day.  112% of eligible voters will have voted in Washington.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2020, 10:04:19 AM »
I voted on Friday of the first week of early voting here.  There was a line, but it wasn't that long and it went fast.  For this area, there were quite a few people there.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2020, 10:28:02 AM »
Just wait for election day.  112% of eligible voters will have voted in Washington.

And during the next three days an additional 40% will be "found".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2020, 11:11:09 AM »
And during the next three days an additional 40% will be "found".

All Biden
Well, maybe two or three will be for Trump. You know, to make it look realistic
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2020, 01:41:45 PM »
Twitter censored Eric Holder, and I have to say, I don't think he's wrong in some of what he says:

It’s too late to use the mails. Given Supreme Court rulings I urge everyone to now vote in person; early vote or use drop boxes. Protect your health but don’t let the Court and the deliberately crippled Postal Service deprive you of your most precious civil right. Plan your vote.

I obviously disagree with his whole Trump/post office thing, but it is likely late for doing mail-in if you want your ballot counted by election day. I just checked mine, which I sent in a week ago, and have been tracking the last few days, and it's only today that it showed up validated.

I've been pushing the thought around here that a mail-in deadline should be at least a week before election day. I can only imagine how many people on whichever side loses next Tuesday will complain that their ballot, mailed in next Monday, has not been counted yet the day after the election. Or possibly a week after the election.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/10/27/twitter-censors-eric-holder-for-tweeting-disputed-and-misleading-information-about-the-election/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2020, 01:52:12 PM »
I absolutely refuse to vote by mail. I'll be voting in person on November 3.

And probably be waiting in long lines.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2020, 02:03:26 PM »
Twitter censored Eric Holder, and I have to say, I don't think he's wrong in some of what he says:

I obviously disagree with his whole Trump/post office thing, but it is likely late for doing mail-in if you want your ballot counted by election day. I just checked mine, which I sent in a week ago, and have been tracking the last few days, and it's only today that it showed up validated.

I've been pushing the thought around here that a mail-in deadline should be at least a week before election day. I can only imagine how many people on whichever side loses next Tuesday will complain that their ballot, mailed in next Monday, has not been counted yet the day after the election. Or possibly a week after the election.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/10/27/twitter-censors-eric-holder-for-tweeting-disputed-and-misleading-information-about-the-election/

In my county the rule is the mail in ballot must be AT the Supervisor of Elections office by 1900 on election day, not postmarked.  On the ballot, in huge bold letters it says "Mail no later than 26 Oct".  And then on the news this morning they reiterated that if you still had a mail in ballot, don't mail it, take it to the early voting location and drop it off.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2020, 02:24:02 PM »
To me it doesn't really matter what the rule is, whether it's postmarked by election day or received by election day or what. I don't understand why "naked" ballots should be invalid but if that's the rule in place then so be it. I don't think it's terribly important to have a result the next day or even the next week as long as the rules don't change once voting has started and all of the valid votes (according to those rules) are counted properly.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2020, 02:33:44 PM »

No in-person early voting locations? I presumed that was a thing everywhere.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2020, 03:03:10 PM »
The entire process has become a circus, one that makes a total mockery out of the concept of "election DAY." If we want to have election MONTH, let's just come right out and make it official.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2020, 03:23:14 PM »
In Washington, ballots must be deposited in a drop box by 8 pm on Election Day or postmarked by Election Day.  If mailing, the state recommends that they be mailed at least a week prior to Election Day. Ballots are not tabulated until starting at 8 pm on Election Day.

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2020, 03:26:42 PM »
makes a total mockery out of the concept of "election DAY."
It's all been downhill since switching to the Australian ballot :old:
Back to viva voce!
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2020, 03:33:07 PM »
No in-person early voting locations? I presumed that was a thing everywhere.

Brad

Yes. But I still intend to vote in person ON Election Day.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2020, 03:46:05 PM »
I don't understand why "naked" ballots should be invalid but if that's the rule in place then so be it.

Without the signed security envelop enclosing the ballot, it is impossible to tell if that person has voted more than once.  It's one of the only real safeguards in a vote-by-mail scheme.  And I used the term "scheme" deliberately.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2020, 03:50:50 PM »

I'll be there at 7am one the polls open. I'll be surprised if there is a line, maybe after 5pm, but not in the AM.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2020, 03:55:49 PM »
Without the signed security envelop enclosing the ballot, it is impossible to tell if that person has voted more than once.

I understand the security envelope, those are absolutely required and I haven't heard of any attempts to challenge that anywhere.
The court challenges in PA lately have been about secrecy envelopes (inside the security envelope), which seem like a silly reason to invalidate a ballot to me but I believe it was pretty clearly required in the rules.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2020, 04:39:55 PM »

Any and every district that reports greater than one hundred percent turn out needs to be disqualified from the count.

There is zero reason to accept such blatantly tainted votes.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2020, 04:43:04 PM »
Any and every district that reports greater than one hundred percent turn out needs to be disqualified from the count.

There is zero reason to accept such blatantly tainted votes.

You're not wrong, but as a practical matter there's no way that stands up in court.  I suspect what will happen is those districts will recount and find more ballots that are disqualified for being marked in blue ink instead of black, not having a secrecy sleeve or voting incorrectly, until they have "turnout" in the mid 90%'s.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2020, 04:48:22 PM »
You're not wrong, but as a practical matter there's no way that stands up in court.  I suspect what will happen is those districts will recount and find more ballots that are disqualified for being marked in blue ink instead of black, not having a secrecy sleeve or voting incorrectly, until they have "turnout" in the mid 90%'s.

No second bites of this apple.  Again it only serves fraud.  Turn in on time and honest or you don't get counted.

This is an issue for state legislatures as per the constitution.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2020, 08:07:24 AM »
This list on state by state ballot deadlines was enlightening. CA and IL are by far the outliers in due dates, with CA the winner (loser) at 17 days after election day.

Props to the biased Epoch Times for pointing me to the list. :)

https://www.vote.org/absentee-ballot-deadlines/

Edit: I had more states than CA and IL listed, but found there were a half dozen or so that went 10 days out. CA and IL were the only ones that went beyond that, so editied to just those two states. The majority of states want ballots in on election day, as it should be.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2020, 10:19:55 AM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/29/us-gdp-report-third-quarter-2020.html

So the third quarter GDP did very well; but probably too late to have much impact on the election.

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2020, 10:44:43 AM »
Texas is apparently at 95% of its 2016 total votes with two more days of early voting and Election Day to go.  :O
I think this kind of thing is going to break a lot of the polling models.