Author Topic: Presidential Debate #2  (Read 3067 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Presidential Debate #2
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2020, 01:52:12 PM »
These dueling townhalls tonight should be interesting. Or at least the aftermath analysis will be. I will be very curious (referring to a comment at the link) to see tomorrow's analysis of people at Trump's townhall to see how many of the "undecided" audience are actually Biden supporters and dem operatives.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/10/15/what-bias-nyts-ben-smith-says-nbc-under-enormous-pressure-to-make-town-hall-a-nightmare-for-trump/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2020, 02:55:01 PM »
"Ladies and gentlemen.  The President of the United States, Donald J.  Trum......." [Click]
"The NBC Television Network is experiencing temporary technical difficulties.  The program will resume as soon as the technical difficulties are resolved."
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2020, 05:51:32 PM »
Of the 2, I think I'd rather watch Biden's, just for the gaffes. Don't know if I could take watching all the malicious dishonesty, though.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2020, 10:39:53 AM »
So in Trump's Town Hall, where he is supposed to take questions from voters...

Questions* asked by the moderator = 43
Questions asked by voters = 10

*Most in the vain of, "Have you stopped beating your wife?"
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2020, 03:09:22 PM »
Trump on NBC, Biden on ABC. The ratings on each network might be one of the more accurate polls.  :laugh:
Looks like a tight race then.
Biden’s event on ABC, running from 8 to 10 p.m Eastern, averaged 13.9 million viewers. Trump, whose event aired from 8 to 9 p.m. Eastern, attracted an average of 13.06 million viewers across the NBC broadcast network and cable channels MSNBC and CNBC. In the hour where the two candidates were head-to-head, Biden led Trump as well with 14.1 million viewers.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2020, 04:00:52 PM »
https://nypost.com/2020/10/16/tiktok-effort-to-manipulate-biden-town-hall-youtube-ratings-fails/
That "youth vote" fails to materialize for the umpteenth time.*

*I'm assuming tiktok is all children. I dunno.  :old:
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2020, 04:20:30 PM »
Probably no way to tell, but I'd be curious if / how much the Hollywood celebrity boycott blitz affected ratings. I didn't see any ABC boycott movements of any significance.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2020, 05:59:06 PM »
Looks like a tight race then.

The Nielsen ratings only measure viewership on TV sets. Both town halls were also live-streamed to phones, computers and other devices.
But there is no industry standard to measure all the various ways the town halls were streamed. In any event, that would be like trying to combine apples and oranges. In the apples to apples match-up between the two candidates, Biden had the better night.
I saw Tim Pool had a video saying Trump's streaming numbers were almost double Biden at over 4 million.  So whatever.

I watched the Crowder stream for a few minutes, but got tired of hearing Biden drone on for minutes at a time saying nothing with no interruption. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2020, 06:02:04 PM »
I saw Tim Pool had a video saying Trump's streaming numbers were almost double Biden at over 4 million.  So whatever.

I watched the Crowder stream for a few minutes, but got tired of hearing Biden drone on for minutes at a time saying nothing with no interruption. 

I wonder how many more were watching commentary streams.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2020, 06:12:00 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NijVV7wdFvg
Media Ignores Total Ratings And Claims Trump LOST But Once Again Online Viewership PROVES Trump Won

Tim Pool just put this video out.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2020, 12:55:53 AM »
I just like to think of all those cops who suddenly realized they can just shoot people in the leg a little bit, instead of killing them all the time. Man, cops are stupid!

But this Biden guy, though. He hasn't even been elected, and he's already solved police brutality! Can you imagine what he could do if he could just be in government for a few decades?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2020, 11:26:04 PM »
I can't move off the shoot him in the leg thing.

"Cops hate him: this one weird trick is turning lethal encounters into totally chill arrests."

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2020, 11:31:31 PM »
Are the cops supposed to be on a balcony with a shotgun first?

I'm not totally clear about the new rules yet.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2020, 12:22:27 AM »
Biden just wants the cops to take a knee.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2020, 12:32:53 AM »
Biden just wants the cops to take a knee.

=D

Obviously, I'm totally on board with shooting people in the leg. I'm just finding it difficult to hit such a small target when I'm shooting through the door.

Two of the guys that knocked on my door I totally missed. Another guy I shot in the foot. The midget wasn't so lucky. Poor soul. I'd like to keep trying, and get it right, but no one seems to drop by anymore.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2020, 07:34:55 AM »
but no one seems to drop by anymore.

Halloween is coming.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?