Author Topic: https://joebiden.com/gunsafety <-- NOT The Onion  (Read 1045 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
https://joebiden.com/gunsafety <-- NOT The Onion
« on: October 21, 2020, 11:08:32 PM »
"End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts."

See the page for yourself! https://joebiden.com/gunsafety
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: https://joebiden.com/gunsafety <-- NOT The Onion
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 05:38:08 AM »
Direct quote:

Joe Biden will enact legislation to once again ban assault weapons.

Sounds like we're electing a dictator. 

To be sure, other statements describing what Biden wants are more in line with the real procedure to create law but that one popped out at me.

So it might be what you could call a "Freudian slip," where the writer's true intents and beliefs accidentally slipped out.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 08:08:11 AM »
No *expletive deleted*it.  He's been pretty open about it.

To Terry's point I think that's just the writer trying to make it sound active voice and like Biden will be the doer.  Biden, after 47 years and a handful of bills, I'm sure knows how difficult a bill is to pass.  That line is just manna for the faithful.  More concerningly, he would have a pen and a phone, and has seen how to use them.  The parts on that page about using executive authority to stop imports and interstate sales of stuff, and to reclassify items is scarier, in my opinion.  If a Pres can get a bump stock reclassified into a "Machine Gun" sans legislative action, I suspect the same could be done with an AR Lower.

My favorite line on that page for the sheer idiocy of it is:

One way people who cannot legally obtain a gun may gain access to a weapon is by assembling a one on their own, either by buying a kit of disassembled gun parts or 3D printing a working firearm. Biden will stop the proliferation of these so-called “ghost guns” by passing legislation requiring that purchasers of gun kits or 3D printing code pass a federal background check.

Psst!  Hey Buddy!  [looks around furtively] Wanna bay some G-Code?  .0000000001 BTC per line.  I got the good stuff, it's a swift link.  I don't need no papers.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 08:31:44 AM »
C’mon man!
You’re a lying dog faced pony soldier!
What we have here is failure to communicate.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 08:53:39 AM »
With the way the threads are currently, I read this as

jobiden.com/gluesafety.... and that's probably a much more important thing for him and his handlers to be aware of right now.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
The Biden Plan to End Our Gun Violence Epidemic
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 10:49:58 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vef_fjyBYOk
Steven Crowder had this video so I thought I would link to Biden's campaign website on gun control.  Might be preaching to the choir here, but something to pass on if anyone hasn't seen this information.

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/
Some key take aways:

Regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act. Currently, the National Firearms Act requires individuals possessing machine-guns, silencers, and short-barreled rifles to undergo a background check and register those weapons with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Due to these requirements, such weapons are rarely used in crimes. As president, Biden will pursue legislation to regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act.
Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.
Reduce stockpiling of weapons. In order to reduce the stockpiling of firearms, Biden supports legislation restricting the number of firearms an individual may purchase per month to one.
I am not sure I want to buy one gun per month, but if that is the law, I guess I can do it.

Reinstate the Obama-Biden policy to keep guns out of the hands of certain people unable to manage their affairs for mental reasons, which President Trump reversed. In 2016, the Obama-Biden Administration finalized a rule to make sure the Social Security Administration (SSA) sends to the background check system records that it holds of individuals who are prohibited from purchasing or possessing firearms because they have been adjudicated by the SSA as unable to manage their affairs for mental reasons. But one of the first actions Donald Trump took as president was to reverse this rule. President Biden will enact legislation to codify this policy.
Find reasons to keep elderly people from owning guns.

End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts.
That is a pretty sweeping statement including all sorts of things.  When does a spring become a part.  Also, if I have to buy everything at a store, I am paying cash.  Nothing to track.

Probably other stuff I missed.  All this is on his website.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
Re: The Biden Plan to End Our Gun Violence Epidemic
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, 10:53:26 AM »
I didn't see HeroHog's thread.  Please delete.

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=63152.0
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 11:15:06 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2020, 10:54:36 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vef_fjyBYOk
Steven Crowder had this video

Regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act. Currently, the National Firearms Act requires individuals possessing machine-guns, silencers, and short-barreled rifles to undergo a background check and register those weapons with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Due to these requirements, such weapons are rarely used in crimes. As president, Biden will pursue legislation to regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act.

Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.

Reduce stockpiling of weapons. In order to reduce the stockpiling of firearms, Biden supports legislation restricting the number of firearms an individual may purchase per month to one.
I am not sure I want to buy one gun per month, but if that is the law, I guess I can do it.

Reinstate the Obama-Biden policy to keep guns out of the hands of certain people unable to manage their affairs for mental reasons, which President Trump reversed. In 2016, the Obama-Biden Administration finalized a rule to make sure the Social Security Administration (SSA) sends to the background check system records that it holds of individuals who are prohibited from purchasing or possessing firearms because they have been adjudicated by the SSA as unable to manage their affairs for mental reasons. But one of the first actions Donald Trump took as president was to reverse this rule. President Biden will enact legislation to codify this policy.

End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts.
That is a pretty sweeping statement including all sorts of things.  When does a spring become a part?  Also, if I have to buy everything at a store, I am paying cash.  Nothing to track.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2020, 11:04:50 AM »
My one big worry in all that crap, because I think he could do it somewhat easily (I may, hopefully, be wrong), is putting the kibosh on interstate ammo sales. That could easily create artificial shortages of ammo, and possibly via the fallout, components, in a lot of places.

Obviously things like total gun bans are more serious, but the ammo thing would put a cramp in a lot of people's style.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2020, 11:05:59 AM »

Obviously things like total gun bans are more serious, but the ammo thing would put a cramp in a lot of people's style.

Not to mention the huge black market that would likely spring up.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2020, 11:08:46 AM »
Double post.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 11:24:08 AM by 230RN »

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2020, 11:13:35 AM »
No *expletive deleted*it.  He's been pretty open about it.

My favorite line on that page for the sheer idiocy of it is:

One way people who cannot legally obtain a gun may gain access to a weapon is by assembling a one on their own, either by buying a kit of disassembled gun parts or 3D printing a working firearm. Biden will stop the proliferation of these so-called “ghost guns” by passing legislation requiring that purchasers of gun kits or 3D printing code pass a federal background check.

Psst!  Hey Buddy!  [looks around furtively] Wanna buy some G-Code?  .0000000001 BTC per line.  I got the good stuff, it's a swift link.  I don't need no papers.
:)

"And the first one is free."

As I say, "If they can ban one item and generate a rationale for it, they can ban them all."

Actually, the way I usually say it is "If they can ban one, they can ban them all."

Depends on the subject area.  For magazines, "If they can restrict you to ten rounds, they can restrict you to one."

Terry. 230RN

« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 05:48:12 AM by 230RN »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2020, 11:23:45 AM »
My one big worry in all that crap, because I think he could do it somewhat easily (I may, hopefully, be wrong), is putting the kibosh on interstate ammo sales. That could easily create artificial shortages of ammo, and possibly via the fallout, components, in a lot of places.

I think you would see a resurgence of the ammo sellers at the gun shows along with ammo being a bigger part of the gun dealer's business.  I think you would also see a lot more people paying cash for ammo.   

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2020, 11:26:55 AM »
Also, if I have to buy everything at a store, I am paying cash.  Nothing to track.

That is a pretty big flaw in his plan. Not sure it's something I would want the NRA or whoever to bring up in the mainstream, since some asswipe politician will then attempt some kind of cash sale ban or forced tracking or similar (like CA does with ammo now).

That said, now that I live in a state where  I don't have to do NICS, all but two of the guns that I've bought here have been cash sales, just because. Of those two, one was a waterfowl shotgun that I ordered on a website, and the other was paid for with Cabela's points.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2020, 11:29:23 AM »
I think you would see a resurgence of the ammo sellers at the gun shows

I wouldn't mind it if like years ago, you bought your ammo in quantity at the gun show because you could actually get great bargains for good quality ammo. With the prices I've seen at gun shows lately (including pre-panic), I could get it cheaper at the LGS.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2020, 11:48:20 AM »
the other was paid for with Cabela's points.

Because that Big Box Store is never going to collude with the feds and open their 4473 hive, or member benefits programs, to ATF datamining...
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2020, 11:54:15 AM »
Because that Big Box Store is never going to collude with the feds and open their 4473 hive, or member benefits programs, to ATF datamining...

I didn't say that. It was an example of one of the two guns I didn't pay cash for. You have to use your Cabela's credit card to get the points back.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2020, 11:56:27 AM »
I have ..... a lot of stuff that is either not 4473'd to me, or was never 4473'd at all.  That said, I'll reiterate something I've said several times during the Obama years:

If we ever get to the point that law enforcement is hitting gun stores and looking at 4473's, then going door to door for confiscation, I hope they are thorough.  I want those officers to look at ALL of the forms, and cross reference my ammo purchases as well.  They should know what they would be walking into.  

IMO you will never see door-to-door confiscation or cross referencing of 4473's and guns in the US.  If they win, they will just make them illegal and tell you to turn them in.  Then wait hammer people for AR's found during traffic stops or from neighbor's tips.

It's a moot point for me though, because between the NFA items, the FFL, and the various activities on builders social media I am on enough lists already.  Hell BATFE messages me on FB like every 90 days asking if I'll print them a gun or swift link, or mill a lower for them.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2020, 12:02:16 PM »
Quote from: MechAg94

The problem here is that they had NOT been "adjudicated." The SSA didn't refer these cases to the court, they made unilateral, administrative determinations. That falls FAR short of "adjudicated." The same applies to the way the Veterans Administration was doing it. The SSA is not a court -- it can't "adjudicate" anything.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2020, 12:11:02 PM »
"Joe Biden will enact legislation to once again ban assault weapons."

The 94 bill they keep tooting their horn over actually had zero to do with assault weapons. Just banned collapsible stocks, flash hiders, bayonet lugs, and mags >10rds on civilian weapons and had, except for the mag part, had pretty much zero effect on their effectiveness.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2020, 01:52:08 PM »
Merged Topics.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2020, 02:14:49 PM »
Quotimg myself:

Kind of "shoulder-of-the-road," but when I had my M1917 Colt with a lanyard loop, I found a properly adjusted lanyard, with the gun pulled tight while aiming, was a distinct aid to accuracy... or at least steadiness.

Over the years I've several times wanted to mount some kind of lanyard loop to some of my handguns.

I wonder if the ATF would consider the lanyard as "collapsable" if it is just hanging off your gun.

I'm a little more than half serious about that last remark.

Actrually. I tried very hard to delete those last two paragraphs but some glitch prevented me from doing so, which is why the double post.

But thanks for pointing out the shoelace affair as being defined as a machinegun --I had forgot about that.

Terry, 230RN
EDITED TO ADD:  SAY, WHO POSTED THAT REFERENCE TO SHOELACES BEING DEFINED AS MACHINEGUNS?  I CAN'T FIND IT ON THE THREAD NOW. Did the merge zap a few items now?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 02:34:55 PM by 230RN »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2020, 04:03:02 PM »

EDITED TO ADD:  SAY, WHO POSTED THAT REFERENCE TO SHOELACES BEING DEFINED AS MACHINEGUNS?  I CAN'T FIND IT ON THE THREAD NOW. Did the merge zap a few items now?

Guilty as charged, Sir.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2020, 10:01:48 PM »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!