Author Topic: Shoot to Injure!  (Read 1211 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Shoot to Injure!
« on: October 27, 2020, 09:12:48 PM »
Looks like Biden's "shoot 'em in the leg" bullshit is being picked up by his MSM water carriers. Man, these people are stupid.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/10/27/cnns-wolf-blitzer-asks-why-cops-in-philadelphia-didnt-shoot-to-injure-man-approaching-with-knife/

I also saw the video of this incident, and am shaking my head at all the people who are saying the cops should have used a taser and also that they shouldn't have used lethal force because he wasn't armed. Because the new normal is that a guy running at you with a knife is unarmed. Anyway, from what I saw, they used appropriate stopping force. They stopped shooting when he went down.

If this "shoot to injure" crap blows up in the mainstream, it's going to lead to a lot more violent riots, because while there are some bad shoots, every good shoot will now have to be held to the standard of "shoot them in the leg", and when that doesn't happen, it will be because of "bad cops". Or potentially even "bad citizens" if someone with a CCW defends themselves with COM shots.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Shoot to Injure!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 12:35:10 AM »
"Shoot rioters and shoot to kill arsonists."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 01:07:01 AM »
Shooting to wound is as ill-informed as every other gun control idea. The difference is, this one's aimed at cops (for now).
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 08:06:59 AM »
Shoot to stop
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 09:36:19 AM »
What if we just shot all the dumb *expletive deleted*ck reporters?
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 09:44:11 AM »
Shoot to wound is a viable strategy...

... if you have snipers who are engaging a mob of rioters from a position of safety shooting the rioters to stop the riot. (Looking at you, Mayor Daly!)

In a position where a police officer (or a soldier or anyone else) is currently in danger from an advancing, threatening, and dangerous individual? Center mass is the only option, for the safety of the shooter AND the bystanders. (Even shooting center mass, police miss a lot.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 09:49:09 AM »
Pedantic hat on.

"Shoot to injure" is exactly what we do.  

We shoot to injure bad guys to do enough physiological or psychological damge to them to make the the bad guys stop their actions.  Sometimes we have to do so much damage to stop the attack that the bad guy dies.  Sometimes we just have to do minimal damage to stop the attack.  

Shooting someone, whether justified or not, is always lethal force.  So, even when Double Barrel Biden says, "Choot 'em in the leg!" that is lethal force and the person may die.  Shooting someone in the leg has the same legal consequence as shooting someone in the chest, yet may be less effective at stopping the attack.

I know you all know this, but someone might find this thread and learn a thing or two.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 04:17:43 PM by Fly320s »
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 10:08:18 AM »

:laugh:
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2020, 06:42:35 PM »

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2020, 07:59:39 PM »
Is that Wolf Blitzer?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2020, 08:04:18 PM »
Is that Wolf Blitzer?

He really embarrassed himself on Jeopardy a few years ago.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2020, 08:08:39 PM »
Is that Wolf Blitzer?

I was wondering that too :D  

[preaching=choir]
You shoot to stop the threat; that generally means shooting at the largest target that presents itself to you because otherwise you'll probably just miss. (no offense)  If the bad guy's gun hand, or his ass, or whatever is the largest target that's what you shoot at.  (or hers if the bad guy is a female.)  Usually it will be upper center of mass thorax. *Any* shot is deadly force, so try to make it count!  Killing someone is a great way to stop them, just make sure you have plausible deniability that killing them wasn't the intent.
[/preaching]
"It's good, though..."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2020, 09:15:41 AM »
Pedantic hat on.

"Shoot to injure" is exactly what we do.  

We shoot to injure bad guys to do enough physiological or psychological damge to them to make the the bad guys stop their actions.  Sometimes we have to do so much damage to stop the attack that the bad guy dies.  Sometimes we just have to do minimal damage to stop the attack.  

Shooting someone, whether justified or not, is always lethal force.  So, even when Double Barrel Biden says, "Choot 'em in the leg!" that is lethal force and the person may die.  Shooting someone in the leg has the same legal consequence as shooting someone in the chest, yet may be less effective at stopping the attack.

I know you all know this, but someone might find this thread and learn a thing or two.

I tried to explain that shooting someone in the leg is still deadly force, but I was talking to a gun owner at work and Brawndo has electrolytes
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2020, 10:15:26 AM »
"and Brawndo has electrolytes"

And Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2020, 10:23:27 AM »
I tried to explain that shooting someone in the leg is still deadly force, but I was talking to a gun owner at work and Brawndo has electrolytes
It's got what plants crave.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge