Author Topic: Fox news fish story?  (Read 1009 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Fox news fish story?
« on: October 29, 2020, 09:27:21 AM »
Fox News' Tucker Carlson is trumpeting a story about "damning documents" going missing in transit. TL/DR version... they shipped a bunch of supposedly bombshell documents and the documents never made it to the intended destination.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tucker-carlson-hunter-biden-documents-vanish-los-angeles

As much as I like to think Fox News has at least some scruples, something about this just doesn't add up. The story makes it sound like the docs were originals. If so, they broke the absolute most basic rule of handling sensitive documents... never ship originals. Either hand-carry them or send copies. Heck, why not just scan and email? Surely Fox has a VPN and secure document sharing service just for stuff like this? My BS-o-Meter is pegged pretty hard.

Anyone have info not covered in the linked story?

Brad
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 12:26:03 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
Re: Fix news fish story?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 09:34:45 AM »
When I saw the first headline about it last night, I thought it was from The Onion. :lol:
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 09:43:14 AM »
Definitely caused an eyebrow raise from me. It seemed over the top to me when I read it. Tucker Carlson has done some really good reporting regarding stuff the MSM ignores and/or covers up. It would be a shame if he's pulling some kind of publicity stunt or similar.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 09:46:09 AM »
When I saw the first headline about it last night, I thought it was from The Onion. :lol:

It has gotten almost impossible to tell the difference between real life and the Onion at times
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 10:08:18 AM »
So much makes zero sense that it's hard to stay engaged.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

grampster

• friend
Re: Fox news fish story?
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 02:21:37 PM »
It seems that today the UPS has found the documents.   When Tucker aired the story about the loss of the documents, he never, ever mentioned whether their were any copies or not.  What's really interesting is that the MSM went bonkers reporting how stupid it was of Tucker et al for shipping documents that they didn't have copies of and alluding to the fact that there were NO documents in the first place.  LOL  LOL.  I think Tucker trolled them by NOT mentioning whether there were copies.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 02:58:31 PM »
Yup, UPS officials have confirmed that the package was opened and documents removed:

It came after Glenn Zaccara, UPS’s corporate media relations director, confirmed Carlson used the company to ship the materials before they were lost. “The package was reported with missing contents as it moved within our network,” Zaccara said before they were located. “UPS is conducting an urgent investigation.”

During his Wednesday night broadcast, Carlson said that a UPS employee notified them that their package “was open and empty … apparently, it had been opened.”

“The Biden documents never arrived in Los Angeles. Tuesday morning we received word from our shipping company that our package had been opened and the contents were missing,” Carlson also remarked. “The documents had disappeared.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/ups-says-it-located-joe-biden-related-documents-that-tucker-carlson-said-were-lost_3557783.html?utm_source=news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2020-10-29-2

I was ready to doubt that Carlson had any documents to send. Shows that it pays not to be like Twitter and the MSM, speaking before more info is presented. I've had UPS packages show up that were obviously opened, or ripped open, and taped back together. Never had anything missing though. One could say that it's curious regarding this particular package.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2020, 03:02:59 PM »
Yup, UPS officials have confirmed that the package was opened and documents removed:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/ups-says-it-located-joe-biden-related-documents-that-tucker-carlson-said-were-lost_3557783.html?utm_source=news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2020-10-29-2

I was ready to doubt that Carlson had any documents to send. Shows that it pays not to be like Twitter and the MSM, speaking before more info is presented. I've had UPS packages show up that were obviously opened, or ripped open, and taped back together. Never had anything missing though. One could say that it's curious regarding this particular package.

Should have seen the reaction here when UPS notice a leaking box and after opening it, per company policy for leaking boxes, discovering it contained several severed human heads. Some doctor had decided to ship a bunch of heads UPS
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2020, 03:40:21 PM »
Yup, found.

https://news.yahoo.com/ups-found-lost-package-tucker-163133650.html

Question is, are they all they documents or just some?

And I still want to know if they were copies or originals, and why the hell didn't they just scan and email them or xfer through a corporate document service?

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2020, 03:47:24 PM »
“After an extensive search, we have found the contents of the package and are arranging for its return,” UPS told TheWrap. “UPS will always focus first on our customers, and will never stop working to solve issues and make things right. We work hard to ensure every package is delivered, including essential goods, precious family belongings and critical healthcare.”
They said they found the "contents".  Did the box get shredded/damaged?  Did someone have it open reading it? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2020, 09:12:31 AM »
It was a flash drive. "Found" on a UPS supervisor's desk and the original envelope discarded.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-missing-ups-biden-family-documents-hunter-biden

At least they had the forethought to make copies before it was sent. Still, why send a physical drive? Surely Fox has a document hosting service for transferring video and data files.

Brad
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 12:27:59 PM by Brad Johnson »
-HankB

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2020, 11:04:31 AM »
At least they had the forethought to make copies before it was sent. Still, why send a physical drive? Surely Fox has a document hosting service for transferring video and data files.
[tinfoil]
Maybe their document hosting service is run by Twitter and any relevant documents were being blocked.