Author Topic: some thoughts from the opposition ...  (Read 768 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
some thoughts from the opposition ...
« on: October 31, 2020, 12:13:22 PM »
https://archive.is/jALI4

Story in The Atlantic

With Biden embracing America’s evolution and Trump appealing unrestrainedly to the white voters most fearful of it, the 2020 campaign marks a new peak in the most powerful trend shaping politics in this century. Over the past two decades, and especially since Barack Obama’s election in 2008, voters have re-sorted among the parties and thus reconfigured the central fault line between them. Today Republicans and Democrats are divided less by class or region than by attitudes toward the propulsive demographic, cultural, and economic shifts remaking 21st-century America. On one side, Republicans now mobilize what I’ve called a “coalition of restoration”; on the other, Democrats assemble a “coalition of transformation.”
evolution vs fear
transormation vs restoration

There certainly is a divide in how things are perceived ...
I’ve often said that modern American politics can be reduced to a single question: How long can Paducah tell Seattle what to do? Next week the answer may be that Seattle—that is, America’s future—has mobilized to reclaim control of the nation’s direction from Paducah—its past—and perhaps by a resounding margin.

With Trump solidifying the GOP’s transformation into a “white-identity party … a nationalist party, not unlike parties you see in Europe, … you see the Democratic Party becoming the party of literally everyone else,” as the longtime Republican political consultant Michael Madrid, a co-founder of the anti-Trump Lincoln Project, told me.
Trump has pretty much ignored his white base and spent all his time campaigning for everyone else's vote.
Lincoln Project liars spreading delusional lies.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: some thoughts from the opposition ...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 12:21:33 PM »
The usual Trump = rich privileged white men who fear the rising power of POC and women
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 12:32:12 PM »
And the usual denigration of most of America as being unfit to serve the elite who live in a few large, coastal cities.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 08:53:47 PM »
CHAZ/CHOP Seattle as America's future - yeah, go with that message, Lefties.  :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 07:48:23 AM »
CHAZ/CHOP Seattle as America's future - yeah, go with that message, Lefties.  :lol:

Talk about a lack of self awareness right?  :laugh:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 01:41:47 PM »
More thoughts from the opposition on Sean Parnell's garage:

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?