Author Topic: I has been voterized...  (Read 2097 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
I has been voterized...
« on: November 03, 2020, 07:21:18 AM »
Voted this morning around 6:40 a.m. here in Northern Virginia.

No line, but polls were pretty busy.

Not a single sign for Republican candidates outside of the polling location. Not a single. Goddamned. One.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: I has been voterized...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 08:43:26 AM »
Here in Appalachistan I am glad that the local VFD and poll site took their Trump flag down for the day, that was going to cause problems. Voter 21, district should turn out about 350.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 09:08:41 AM »
My wife and I jumped on voter registration as soon as we relocated to Virginia.  We both received our voter registration cards on Friday and voted the same day.

We did receive Washington State vote-by-mail ballots even though we had withdrawn our registrations.  We promptly shredded them.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 09:10:46 AM »
Voted this morning around 6:40 a.m. here in Northern Virginia.

No line, but polls were pretty busy.

Not a single sign for Republican candidates outside of the polling location. Not a single. Goddamned. One.

When I visited the Sister-in-law in Arlington last month I saw few, but some, Trump signs.  Biden and BLM signs were in favor though.  Entertainingly I saw probably 8 or 10 LP bumper stickers or signs while jogging through her little neighborhood.  I was a little surprised to even see the 3 or 4 Trump signs I did.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 09:54:12 AM »
When I visited the Sister-in-law in Arlington last month I saw few, but some, Trump signs.  Biden and BLM signs were in favor though.  Entertainingly I saw probably 8 or 10 LP bumper stickers or signs while jogging through her little neighborhood.  I was a little surprised to even see the 3 or 4 Trump signs I did.
Driving around last weekend, that was pretty much all I saw.  Mostly rural areas.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 09:58:44 AM »
Went at 7:50 a.m., stood in line, got to the booth at 8:35 a.m. in SW Ohio.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 10:18:31 AM »
My wife and I voted last week. We also received our WA state ballots (forwarded by Post Office), they are in the shred box. Later today we are going down to the polling place to hang out with other like minded people and watch people come and go. Retirement in a small town, you gotta do something to get to know people.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2020, 10:21:53 AM »
Retirement in a small town, you gotta do something to get to know people.

bob

This is exactly the opposite of the APS philosophy. What do they put in the water down there in NV? :P  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2020, 10:43:03 AM »
This is exactly the opposite of the APS philosophy. What do they put in the water down there in NV? :P  :laugh:

Water???? We have no water here, it is all beer or liquor imported from the big city. Besides, this place is motorcycles and guns, my kindred spirits. Need to get to know someone to feed the cats when we venture on our desert journeys.

I will keep the socializing down, don't want you guys to worry about me.  :lol:

bob

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2020, 11:36:02 AM »
We early voted last week to forgo the madness today

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2020, 11:51:53 AM »
I'm not sure whether I voted or not.

I stood in line for 40 minutes, filled out a ballot, and put it in the slot. BUT ...

The electronic machines this state uses call for filling in the circles on the ballot form with a "special pen." All the voting cubicles where you're supposed to fill out your ballot say to only use the special pen. Guess what? Because of COVID-19, there were no special pens. So I filled out a ballot and put it in the slot, but I have no idea whether or not the machine will be able to read it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2020, 11:54:30 AM »
The pens that were included with ballots at my polling place (and apparently in other areas of Virginia) were essentially the ink equivalent of the tiny pencils you'd get when playing miniature golf...

Only those pencils worked. I'm seeing a bunch of FB complaints from Virginians that the pens were *expletive deleted*it and didn't work.

Mine sort of worked... but fortunately some had left a nice Bic-style pen at the booth I was at and I was able to mark my ballot.

But now you have me thinking...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2020, 12:01:58 PM »
Only mail ballots here.  I find those very convenient.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2020, 12:19:27 PM »
Dropped my ballot in the ballot box outside of the PD about 10 days ago. Put my usual "I already voted.  Thank You" sign on my door to avoid the canvassers.

Just about the only candidate signs around here seem to be for Biden and Perlmutter, but it seems to me there are fewer of any signs compared to the last Presidetial election, or even the interim elections.

I get the impression from this that there are a lot of "stealth" Trump voters who are cautious about stating their preference given the ongoing self-righteous partisan violence.

All in all, I believe I'm seeing more "issue" signs than candidate signs.

Terry

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2020, 12:26:26 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2020, 12:27:38 PM »
Got to my voting place around 9:15am.  Waited in a line @100 feet long for 45 minutes,  but inside it went quick and efficiently.  And yes there were A LOT MORE people out to vote than in the past.

Noted one old grey haired person of indeterminate sex with a black lives matter T shirt.  Very unusual here.  
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2020, 12:28:40 PM »
"Just about the only candidate signs around here seem to be for Biden and Perlmutter, but it seems to me there are fewer of any signs compared to the last Presidetial election, or even the interim elections."

You know, that's a good point. Back in 2016 there werer TONS of signs for both candidates, and candidates of all stripes for all elections.

I wonder how much of if has to do with the election itself and how much has to do with the Kung Flu...

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2020, 12:40:08 PM »
Turned mine in last week and two days later confirmed it occurred

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2020, 01:06:16 PM »
Wife and I voted this AM at our usual polling place, a local church.  Lots of political signs across the street from the church.  The polling place was a little busier than usual and they were only letting ten voters inside at a time, but the wait was only five minutes or so.
Supposedly 65% of NC voters have already voted, either by mail or early voting, so there should be fewer folks voting in person today than usual.  However, I fully expect some precincts in heavily Dem areas will show over 100% participation once all the votes are tallied a week or nine days from now.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2020, 01:09:51 PM »
We'll hit the polls after my Dr appointment this afternoon.  We drove by the polling place on the way out. In the 25 years I've been voting here I have never seen the like. The line was out the door and down the street and stretched around the block.
Also passed.by a rural polling place, a small church in a wide spot in the road community. Jammed to the gills and a line out into the parking lot.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2020, 01:27:20 PM »
Supposedly 65% of NC voters have already voted, either by mail or early voting, so there should be fewer folks voting in person today than usual.  However, I fully expect some precincts in heavily Dem areas will show over 100% participation once all the votes are tallied a week or nine days from now.

FL is reporting that 63.8% of registered voters voted early or by mail.  Those are already counted but they are sitting on the results until 2000 EST tonight.  We'll see what final voter turnout looks like. In 2016 (another pretty contentions election) we had 75% of registered voters cast a ballot.  My gut feeling from looking around is that if we surpass mid to high 80%'s in turnout, the fraud is stupidly obvious.  We'll see what happens.  Rural counties are reporting long lines and a bunch of folks today, while the more urban polls are less crowded.

Quote from: Mike Irwin
I wonder how much of if has to do with the election itself and how much has to do with the Kung Flu..

That will be the subject of much navel gazing on cable news shows for years, I suspect.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2020, 02:05:09 PM »
"The line was out the door and down the street and stretched around the block."

The 2004 election was like that at my polling place. Took me over 3 hours to get in to vote.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2020, 03:24:51 PM »
Only mail ballots here.  I find those very convenient.

I’m curious, how do they validate that you’re really who you say you are wine it’s received

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2020, 04:12:49 PM »
I’m curious, how do they validate that you’re really who you say you are wine it’s received

Here in Washington, they validate against your signature on the signed ballot.  Your signature is on file as part of the voting registration process.  I got a call the year I switched my signature from cursive to block printing.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2020, 04:37:56 PM »
I was # 1187 on the vote tally at my precinct  @ 2:35 pm. This is in a town with a census population of 2300 and a rural population of maybe 1000-1500 more for the precinct. I suspect the evening crowds will push it up quite a bit higher. In 2016 I voted late in the day, after 6:00 pm, and the tally hadn't hit 1000 yet.
Being the redest of red states I suspect/hope that the majority of voters are Trump voters.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams