Author Topic: I has been voterized...  (Read 2089 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: I has been voterized...
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2020, 04:43:31 PM »
We voted this morning around 9.  NH doesn't have early voting, but I've read that the absentee voting is 2x the 2016 numbers. 

No lines.  Everyone was friendly, even the people pimping for Biden.  Had to show valid ID, which I was happy to do and I agree with.  Face masks, "place mats" so we didn't have to touch the table  ;/, free golf pencil to use and keep, stickers and Lindt chocolate truffles on the way out.

Easy peasy.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2020, 06:53:26 PM »
Adding this tidbit:  This was the first time voting in NC where I did not have to show a valid ID of any sort.  There was a sign posted inside the precinct to that effect.  In all the previous elections when I have voted here I've had to show a valid picture ID.
There goes the last solid pretense of election and ballot security.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2020, 07:00:54 PM »
Our county now allows residents to vote in any polling place in the county, instead of requiring us to vote in our local precincts. No touchscreen voting this year, so you give them ID, and they print out your precinct's ballot. Each voter got a biro w/ a stylus on the end, to sign in on the digital sign-in gizmo.

The county has a website that tells you how long the lines are at each spot, so I went to one within walking distance of where I work. There were 2 or 3 in line ahead of me, so it took about 5 minutes or so. Other polling places had hundreds waiting in line.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2020, 10:18:27 PM »
We voted on the second day of early voting.  The line was a bit over a block long, but it went fairly quick at first, we were at the door in ~15 minutes.  It slowed down then, took almost 10 minutes to get in the door, a couple ahead of us needed provisional ballots.  Stopped the entire line, even though they were voting in districts 1/2 and the line for districts 3/4 was empty.

We still have to show a photo ID.  Hopefully that'll continue.

I didn't see any signs for either side or candidates in the area.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2020, 04:07:38 AM »
We voted Tuesday afternoon (Noon, to be exact). Medium line and we were waved to the front due to obvious gimpy status. Quick and painless.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2020, 08:26:06 AM »
0.2 in MI
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2020, 12:55:29 PM »
0.2 in MI

.2 what? You keep posting numbers w/o context.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2020, 07:31:52 PM »
We voted Tuesday afternoon (Noon, to be exact). Medium line and we were waved to the front due to obvious gimpy status. Quick and painless.

Must be nice.  There were at least 2 people with walkers in line (DW being one), no one was ushered to the front.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2020, 09:47:34 PM »
The instant we hit the door, they were waving us to the front. Discovered they do this in the last election.
Also, valid ID REQUIRED to vote!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!